OL are we ready for the season. | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OL are we ready for the season.

Originally posted by inFINSible

I'm not getting bent out of shape.....not one person can give proof that ANY of our back-ups will be good enough if called upon but, I've seen alot of posters on this thread give solid speculation that the back-ups will be adequate, which is really all anybody can do....I mean, you saying that we are thin is as much a speculation right now as somebody saying we'll be alright.....That's not a realty check....That's your opinion.....If all those young guys prove to be NFL quality then all of a sudden we are deep on the O-line......It could go either way....I think you're the one getting frustrated that we don't all share your views. Not that you are wrong but why insist that the glass is half empty when it could just as easily be half full? NONE of us know anything for sure...

I guess I'm just an optimist. :cool:

I didn't say you were bent out of shape, I said Don't get bent out of shape:D Thank you, not one person can give proof..that's my point exactly. solid speculation...what's that, either they've play in the NFL or they haven't..solid speculation is just opinion based on a feeling, not fact. My saying we're thin is based on no NFL experience for our rooks. That's not speculation, that's fact. That my friend is reality. If all those young prove to be NFL quality, then we are in deed loaded, but that only "IF"..at this point you're admitting that you don't know, like me. I hope for the best, because I love the Phins and want a SB..I'm very optimistic, but I also see the reality..Van ask why am I picking on the OL, I'm not, I just stated an observation. I don't overlook stuff just because the coaches haven't said anything, Remember a part of their job is to sell tickets. This does not mean they haven't adequately fill the OL depth, at this point we and they don't know. That's all this thread is talking about..is that we don't know, because we have no NFL point of view to base anything. Again, no NFL proven depth. That's why sportswriters can say suspect OL depth, because we don't know. I don't know why that's so hard to comprehend..Are our younsters NFL tested or not, I think we all can answer that question. We've picked a lot of OL guys in the last 4 years, only one has started, and one seems to be the right stuff in Seth...Out of all that, why are you so ready to believe that these are the OLmens dreams are made of. They may be..but we don't know. Continue to be optomistic, as will I, but just look at the facts and be real about it. I want this team to succeed as much, or maybe more than probably most of you, since I'm probably older and have waited even longer than most of you for another Championship..I saw the 72 and 73 teams, and have been waiting every since. So believe me optomissium is my middle name, along with patience.

I think if the money's there, the back office will add a player with experience if they have to. Maybe even in the middle of the season. Of course this depends on how well they play. Like I've said before...they only need to hold up there man for two or three seconds before Rickey gets by them. A little longer for Jay to throw the ball to an open WR/TE.
It's apparant both of you guys (MD & INFIN) love the Phins. Your both saying the OL is a question mark so far. You're both right about that. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt. I have confidence that if we need a OL with "NFL game" experience, the coaches will identify it soon enough to make the right call. I hope I'm not putting too much faith in the coaching staff ;).
I really hope Nails comes back full strength. He was awesome last year before he got injured. I also hope that one or both of the drafted OL relize the position they're in for making an impact on the line and being a starter for this SB team.
:jetssuck: :nesucks: :billsbite

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

I didn't say you were bent out of shape, I said Don't get bent out of shape:D Thank you, not one person can give proof..that's my point exactly. solid speculation...what's that, either they've play in the NFL or they haven't..solid speculation is just opinion based on a feeling, not fact. My saying we're thin is based on no NFL experience for our rooks. That's not speculation, that's fact. That my friend is reality. If all those young prove to be NFL quality, then we are in deed loaded, but that only "IF"..at this point you're admitting that you don't know, like me. I hope for the best, because I love the Phins and want a SB..I'm very optimistic, but I also see the reality..Van ask why am I picking on the OL, I'm not, I just stated an observation. I don't overlook stuff just because the coaches haven't said anything, Remember a part of their job is to sell tickets. This does not mean they haven't adequately fill the OL depth, at this point we and they don't know. That's all this thread is talking about..is that we don't know, because we have no NFL point of view to base anything. Again, no NFL proven depth. That's why sportswriters can say suspect OL depth, because we don't know. I don't know why that's so hard to comprehend..Are our younsters NFL tested or not, I think we all can answer that question. We've picked a lot of OL guys in the last 4 years, only one has started, and one seems to be the right stuff in Seth...Out of all that, why are you so ready to believe that these are the OLmens dreams are made of. They may be..but we don't know. Continue to be optomistic, as will I, but just look at the facts and be real about it. I want this team to succeed as much, or maybe more than probably most of you, since I'm probably older and have waited even longer than most of you for another Championship..I saw the 72 and 73 teams, and have been waiting every since. So believe me optomissium is my middle name, along with patience.

there you go using that word reality again when you are talking about YOUR OPINION....the only thing that is "real" is the fact that they are inexperienced on an NFL level.....That doesn't mean that they are not good back-ups and it doesn't mean we are thin at the position....again, you're traveling with as much speculation as anyone else.

Unproven depth? Yes. (reality)......Thin at the position? unknown....(reality)......Arguing about it? Pointless....(reality)

;)

By the way I just want to make notice of the good "debate" we got going here. Finheaven has definately been missing these and it's nice to have a debate amongst ourselves that a) doesn't get nasty and b) doesn't have some Bills fan dumping his unwanted 2 cents in.

Originally posted by inFINSible

there you go using that word reality again when you are talking about YOUR OPINION....the only thing that is "real" is the fact that they are inexperienced on an NFL level.....That doesn't mean that they are not good back-ups and it doesn't mean we are thin at the position....again, you're traveling with as much speculation as anyone else.

Unproven depth? Yes. (reality)......Thin at the position? unknown....(reality)......Arguing about it? Pointless....(reality)

;)

LoL, InFin, I'm only using the word "reality" in conjuction with, do our rooks have NFL experience. The obvious answer is no, unless you know something I don't. So in "Reality" :D it's not my opinion, but fact..unless you define "facts" a different way. I'm not questioning weather they're good backups or not, I don't know that. I just know they're not NFL tested backups. Thus given credents to my "Unproven" statements.
"Unproven depth? Yes. (reality)......Thin at the position? unknown....(reality)......" ????? What's the difference between unproven and thin in NFL terms??? I don't get that one.
Arguing about it? Pointless....(reality), no I was debating you, arguing is a waste of time, debating is worth the time to get the max out of someone's point of view...That my friend is priceless. I've enjoyed sharing and reading your point of view. :D

I'm just trying to say that it's conceivable that we are very deep on the o-line, I mean there are what, 11 players, battling for 8 or 9 spots, 3 of those are rookies and 3 are second and third year players....Our top 5 will likely be ALL veterans of 5 years or more, now as far as depth goes, and with the ridiculous salaries that even average linemen are getting, I would say we have an excellent mixture of veterans and youth for what you can do under the salary cap....While I may call that depth unproven, I wouldn't call it thin....I mean at least we are throwing as many solutions as we possibly can at the problem.

I think the problem is semantics here, I don't think "thin" can be used until we have some idea whether these guys are any good or not, if they prove that none are ready to handle the NFL, then yes, we are thin on the D-line but, if they prove they can play then we are DEEP on the D-line.

But, believe me, I do get your point....there's going to be a good bit of nail biting and wondering until we find out for sure whether we are thin or just unproven....:D

Back
Top Bottom