OL are we ready for the season. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OL are we ready for the season.

I got my 1500 points and I can finally celebrate ZOD (ruler of the universe) instead of the 1972Dolphins.....

mmmmuuuuuwwwwwaaaaahhhhhaaaahhhhhaaaaa !!!

Hey I've finally figured out what dial up is good for...

I can do 10 reps with my little dumbell as I wait on the upload !!

Thanks for chiming in MD...Where da hell ya been !?!?!?

It's like fending off rats in a sewer around here..

mmmuuuuwwwwwaaaaahhhhhhaaahhhhhaaa !!!!!

I hear ya ZOD, use to be 1972Dolphins, I've got to get use to that, I don't mind debating, but I like them to add some substance to it. Just to say we're okay, without the whys kind of bother me..While I do think we might be okay, I'm just not sure. I wonder if other people feel me and that's why I started this post, to see what others think..not the one liners.

Otay...

About the name change...I watched the Movie about two weeks ago.....AGAIN.....I don't know if there is a much better line in a movie.....

"Kneel..........." :lol:

Almost forgot...I got a little tired of 1972dolphins...I look at it everywhere on everything I use on the internet...

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by MDFINFAN

Because it's a valid argument...we are defintely not deep on the OL...compare it to the DL and you see a large deflicit. We have a 3 Bil dollar running back playing behind a one injury away OL...which could spell diaster, and no one sees it but a few. I know the FO sees it, but haven't addressed it yet...I guess they want to see the rooks first and then bring in as necessary..I hope our rooks are like Todd Wade, I just don't know that yet. So that makes our depth as OL suspect until proven otherwise.

At guard we have Perry, Nails and McKinney and Whitley. So it's ok there. At center we have Ruddy/McKinney. Fine there. It's our depth at tackles where things are shaky. However just like earlier this offseason when everyone was freaking out because we weren't making moves everyone needs to calm down. Guys will get cut during training camp that are better then what is out there. So they will evaluate Smith/Provost/Jerman and then go from there. Hell we can always drop a 6th-7th rounder if needed. Not like we haven't done training camp trades before :lol:

Good point Van....we'll play it by ear from here on out and I think that it's at least even odds that we'll be okay...Jerman, if at all, will be ready........he's had all last season and this offseason to figure out what the deal is....the coaches have expressed confidence in him by already naming him the top backup at both tackles, I think that says alot.

Originally posted by inFINSible
Good point Van....we'll play it by ear from here on out and I think that it's at least even odds that we'll be okay...Jerman, if at all, will be ready........he's had all last season and this offseason to figure out what the deal is....the coaches have expressed confidence in him by already naming him the top backup at both tackles, I think that says alot.

It says they don't have any one else to play there, but such is life, as Van says, hopefully something positive developes in TC..
:D

It says they don't have any one else to play there, but such is life, as Van says, hopefully something positive developes in TC..
:D

It says they consider him to be better than Richmond Webb....

Infin, do you really think he's better than Webb, even in Webb's advanced age, do u really think this guy is better? I'm not sure what's Webbs status in reguards to injury, strength, speed. But I do know when it comes to football savvy, Webb has to be head and heals better. Webbs not a starter imho, but could be a good backup.

Then explain why Richmond is not the back-up and Jerman is??

Originally posted by FinFan4Life814
ok, i dont think infin said that what we have at backup is better then R-Webb, at least i hope not. lol

Yes please tell us why Webb isn't signed at all. It's because of his age, coming off a very serious injury and doubts that he's even a quality backup at this point.

Right now we got 3 3rd round (one of those 3rds technically being a 2nd next year) and a 6th round pick invested in our backups. You got to give them the benefit of the doubt and see what these boys can do first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by inFINSible
Then explain why Richmond is not the back-up and Jerman is??

Could be money and injury status..don't know, but he's not where I want to focus, unless he's the best available. I don't know, maybe VDol...got it right...if this is the case, and we totally depend on them for the reasons VanDol gave, we could be leaving ourselves out there, so here's to hoping these are starting quality guys, just needs some TC. As I posted earlier, I hope they're Todd Wade ready...

Could be money and injury status..don't know, but he's not where I want to focus, unless he's the best available. I don't know, maybe VDol...got it right...if this is the case, and we totally depend on them for the reasons VanDol gave, we could be leaving ourselves out there, so here's to hoping these are starting quality guys, just needs some TC. As I posted earlier, I hope they're Todd Wade ready...

Whatever the reasons he's not here, my point is, that at this point in Webb's career, Jerman is better.....:cool:

Agreed, Infins. The FO didn't even have Webb in to look at did they? No disrespect for what Webb did for the Fins, but evidently he's finished. I don't believe for a second that if Webb (or even Brockermeyer) had any chance to help our depth that they wouldn't be here. I do agree that the O-line is probably our weakest area at this point, but only because that area was addressed through the draft (only) and the other positions were addressed through FA or trade. If the drafted linemen are quick studies as Seth McKinney has been then our O-line next year will be very strong and deep.
Nobody has the luxury of strength and depth at every position (anymore)

One thing about the LT is that he tends to make the rest of the line look either good or bad depending on how much time he gives the QB to pass. I would love to see a guy like Pace or Ogden in a Fin uniform, but if we did maybe we wouldn't have Surtain and/or Madison or maybe we wouldn't have Ricky Williams. What is a fact is that the O-line we've got blocked for the leading rusher last year. So maybe for now being just adequate is okay.
Mark Dixon was a LT in the CFL. I've also read that he can dunk a basketball. So.....as someone else said already; I think we'll be okay.

Back
Top Bottom