OL are we ready for the season. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OL are we ready for the season.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet

:welcome: to cap jail ;)

Is call having plenty of Probowlers on a team unlike COUGH COUGH ....I think that the whole point of salary cap to make it more fair for all teams.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet

:welcome: to cap jail ;)

The difference between Dolphins cap jail and the Bills having money.

The Talent baby. Now if we could just get a coach who can get these guys over the hump that'd be nice. Like a JJ curse or something.

I like "cap jail". I wonder what "pound-you-in-the-azz cap prison" is like.

I look at it as the current Oline allowed Rickey to run for 1800+ yards. Our depth will be OK. We have young guys that just need a little experience. You get that when the pads are on. Our Defense will give them enough experience in Training Camp to be backups. And as the season progresses they will get in on the line for a series or two. I think that'll get them enough.

I only hope (at this point) no starters get hurt.

:pray:

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

Getting Gandy would mean no Seau, Buckley, Knight.

Getting Kruetz would mean no Seau, Buckley, Knight, Possibly Jay Williams, Marion etc.

Pretty much the way to look at it.

No...To compare that way you must look at positions...

Seau's money available due to the Rodgers restructure and subsequent trade..

Buckley took less money to come to Miami and he will take a roster spot (money) away from somebody...Same for Knight...

Jay Williams-Daryl Gardener gone.

Our depth on D was my last concern..Ranked 3rd

Pass protection is my first...Ranked 18th, I think :confused:

Though I find myself in disagreement with you guys on this note, I think the staff will reaffirm my position in the debate by putting together another 30 million dollar offer on the table for a lineman next offseason..Something that was not on the table for Seau, Knight, Williams, Marion, nor Buckley...

If the players mentioned did not come "on the cheap", they would not be on the team...Which says something about the need for the position on the roster...

Last edited by a moderator:
Take is as hype but the coaches know a hell of alot more about these guys then we do. I mean if they didn't think these guys could help then they would have signed some veterans, they would have kept Smith, rsigned Spriggs, etc. There was/is plenty of veteran talent out there, if they felt they needed it they would have gotten it. Now that said it still doesn't tell you with certianty how these guys will react if thrown into the starters role but it's not really any different then knowing how a veteran with milaege will react when asked to step back into the role.

Gandy?????? That's the best thing that happened to us.

Actually, I wanted Turley...

But if you feel that way about Gandy, I hope you remember the words typed as you realize this year that no QB could perform better than Jay Fiedler has with the line put in front of him.

Maybe you will not realize it. Maybe you don't watch the line.

Maybe you should start watching the pocket collapse as it is formed and penetrated in under 3 seconds.

Maybe I should :wall: instead of conversing on this topic..

Maybe you didn't realize that Gandy came into N.O.'s mini camp at over 370 lbs, maybe you didn't realize that he has not worked at an off season conditioning plan. Turley wasn nothing more then an average LT, to dump big bucks on over weight and undertalented guys aren't very good moves. Not saying that the line is full of pro bowlers, just commenting that some moves are better not made.

I watched an overweight man named Mckinney with no training camp behind him at all do better than our tackles..

Some guys have it. Some guys don't.

I'm done beating this horse. :)

I don't think our Tackle play was very good last season either, agreed.

First. McKinney isn't a tackle. He's a center/guard. He'd get his rear end handed to him as a tackle

2nd. Trading Rogers only saved us $250 000 in salary. Seau is costing a $1.95 million roster bonus + $755k in base salary. Then he has a $500k roster bonus next season while his base jumps to $2.5 million.

Buckley will be taking away the spot of a youngster making jack all.

Daryl Gardener is still on our cap this year for $6.4 million so there is no trade off there. In fact Jay Williams is an add-on.

The cap is a tricky thing and trust me when I say not anyone except maybe Buckley would be here if Olin had signed and we might have had to cut someone else if Olin had signed or perhaps Konrad doesn't get resigned cause of the money that would have been invested in Olin.

Despite a 3rd ranked D our defense had holes that were exploited heavily at times by K.C, Buffalo and near the end of the season they couldn't stop anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I misspelled McKinney for McKinnie, so you misunderstood. Think Purple. :)

Originally posted by 1972dolphins
I misspelled McKinney for McKinnie, so you misunderstood. Think Purple. :)

Ah well McKinnie was the top rated tackle taken off the boards and is a pure young talent. I also didn't hear any stories of him being overweight. Gandy meanwhile is in his near mid 30's and coming in overweight is a sure sign of cash the signing bonus and retiring while wearing a uniform.

Back
Top Bottom