OL are we ready for the season. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OL are we ready for the season.

Dont worry be happy MAN!!:goof: :drinker: :infins: :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Muck. I think we'll be fine. We have to wait to see what happens when the young guys put the pads on. I think they'll do O.K. I just pray we don't get any injuries and Nails comes back strong.
Remember...they only need to block for about 10 seconds. That's how long Rickey will take to be past them all.
As for passing plays...I say we roll out more. Jay can't hit an open man when he's standing still. When he's on the move, he's accurate.
:helmet: :helmet: :helmet:

Originally posted by gunn34
I agree with Muck. I think we'll be fine. We have to wait to see what happens when the young guys put the pads on. I think they'll do O.K. I just pray we don't get any injuries and Nails comes back strong.
Remember...they only need to block for about 10 seconds. That's how long Rickey will take to be past them all.
As for passing plays...I say we roll out more. Jay can't hit an open man when he's standing still. When he's on the move, he's accurate.
:helmet: :helmet: :helmet:

I hope it doesn't take Ricky that long to get by them, or we'll in trouble or Ricky's gotten really slow.:lol:
As with everyone here, the bottom line comes to waiting until they put pads on, as to knowing a little if we have depth when you have proven backup vet..Proven for those who asked, are guys who've played in the NFL a couple years and knows the ins and outs of the year and how to prepare for a long season, that includes TC, Preseason games, Regular season and prehaps Playoff time. That's a long season for a Rook who hasn't been there before. I think we have the right stuff here, but like you guys I don't know for sure, and really will TC tell us, especially if there's no one else to compare them to, we don't expect them to be as good as our starters...so there's no backup vets to compare them to..and Muck is right that we need to get younger, but Muck...look at us, Ruddy and Todd are really the only old vets we have, Dixon in his 7th year in the NFL, Nails in his 5th or 6th, Wade in his 4th, Seth in his 2nd, we'll definetly getting younger.

Originally posted by Jaj
Every team has it's downsides and it is not like we are putting any of our rookies as starters. You can't be perfect in every sense. The 72 Dolphins 4 and 5 receivers were not as good as the starters. Whooppeee!!!

Yeah, but also, the 72 and 73 teams only passed for a combined 18 times in those two superbowls. Those were the best rushing teams of all times. Only team to ever have the halfback and fullback rush for over 1000 yards each.

I think our O-Line,while our starters are great,our backups are not adequate. We need more veterans and much more depth at tackle,where a gaurd is starting at LT.

Well we have to carry the young guys no matter what because this line needs to overhaul by next season. No choice in that matter. Nails is a FA, Wade is a FA, Ruddy will be cut, Perry could be a cap victim. Don't be surprised if we spend whatever FA money we have next year on resigning Wade and picking up another OL and possibly drafting a couple more. We are paying for not drafting OL for years.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
Well we have to carry the young guys no matter what because this line needs to overhaul by next season. No choice in that matter. Nails is a FA, Wade is a FA, Ruddy will be cut, Perry could be a cap victim. Don't be surprised if we spend whatever FA money we have next year on resigning Wade and picking up another OL and possibly drafting a couple more. We are paying for not drafting OL for years.

Hmmmmmm.......not like I've said this before ;)

Originally posted by DolFan31
I think our O-Line,while our starters are great,our backups are not adequate. We need more veterans and much more depth at tackle,where a gaurd is starting at LT.

This is also how I see it, I would rather pick up a vet, let one of the rooks play on the ps this year and bring him up next year, this year can be special if we play our roster right...

I just don't see that being possible. Wade Smith and Whitley....they're impossible to cut because they wouldn't make it to the P-Squad. They, along with Seth McKinney, are locked in. Assuming an injury doesn't occur.....the only possibility for a veteran would be in Greg Jerman's spot. I'm assuming that we'll keep 9 lineman.

But I do think it'll be Jerman when all is said and done.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Provost is a good candidate for the PS

Are you angling for a steal for the Bills//

I hear ya Muck, but clumps right, provost may make it to the ps, if we do him like we did L Henry last year..keep him off the field during PS basically, only let him play 1 series, so teams can't really get a good take on him.

Any team that "claims" him must place him directly on the roster, not likely for a 6th rd pick, regardless of which team drafted him. He would need to clear waivers before any team could put him on their PS

In reality our depth is better then it was last year. The coaching staff is pretty high on Jerman, Smith is a true LT, McKinney has another year and off season under his belt and you're adding Whitley. Last year we had McKinney, Spriggs, Jerman and Andrews.

Back
Top Bottom