OL - one man's opinion | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OL - one man's opinion

Just get to average for now is my objective.

I suspect one of our 2021 firsts will also be an OL along with pick 18 this year and possibly a 2nd round this year.

we don’t have to complete the OL this year.

we have a flexibility most teams don’t right now.

Obviously, before the draft

Projected 2020 Dolphins offensive line as of 3/23:

Left Tackle – Julien Davenport
Left Guard – Ereck Flowers
Center – Ted Karras
Right Guard – Michael Deiter
Right Tackle – Jesse Davis

Glaring weakness at the tackle position.

Honestly, I think Davenport could have success moving to guard like Ereck Flowers. In the best case scenario, Davis is your sixth offensive lineman providing depth at guard and tackle. He's serviceable. Deiter will have to show a lot of improvement to start in 2020 IMO.

On the bright side, 2/5th of the line has been upgraded in free agency. The draft should be heavy earlier on offensive linemen and, hopefully, Miami will add at least one more starter.

Glaring weakness at the tackle position.

Honestly, I think Davenport could have success moving to guard like Ereck Flowers. In the best case scenario, Davis is your sixth offensive lineman providing depth at guard and tackle. He's serviceable. Deiter will have to show a lot of improvement to start in 2020 IMO.

On the bright side, 2/5th of the line has been upgraded in free agency. The draft should be heavy earlier on offensive linemen and, hopefully, Miami will add at least one more starter.

I disagree a little. I think Davis at OG could be an upgrade. Davenport? I'm just going by what I saw during games. Meh. Again, I have no idea what the staff thinks of Daenport, Davis, Deiter

Just get to average for now is my objective.

I suspect one of our 2021 firsts will also be an OL along with pick 18 this year and possibly a 2nd round this year.

we don’t have to complete the OL this year.

we have a flexibility most teams don’t right now.
I'd be shocked if we didn't get an OT with #18 or #26. Then, I could see picking up another OT within the 1st 3 rounds.

If we grab TUA @ #5, I'm seeing a RT (WIRFS?) picked 1st @ #18 or #26; then pickup BA LT in the 2nd - 3rd range. My preference for the 2nd round picks though is at RB & S.

I think most people assume that most if not all of the non-QB picks early in the draft will go towards Oline. This is a very, very, very good offensive tackle draft.

Im okay with Davenport, perhaps if they draft a LT he can move to right side, or stay at LT if they draft a RT. Karras can stay. Dieter and Flower at LG can stay. I'd target a RG in late rounds, Simon Stepaniak. Next year the Bama RG is coming out, maybe they'll have a chance to take him with all the picks.

Something like this perhaps:

LT: Cleveland (or the right side)
LG: Dieter, (Flowers)
C: Karras
RG: Davis, (Stepaniak)
RT: Davenport (or the left side)

Your on fire. Ok with Davenport at LT?

First, QB is a want.
Now LT and RT can be manned with bottom of the barrel type talent in the NFL, and you are OK with it? Just wow.

Your on fire. Ok with Davenport at LT?

First, QB is a want.
Now LT and RT can be manned with bottom of the barrel type talent in the NFL, and you are OK with it? Just wow.

Who cares about tackles! It's a need, but who cares?! Who cares about tackles if your QB is John Beck and your running back is Samkon Gado? We need Ferraris!

I disagree a little. I think Davis at OG could be an upgrade. Davenport? I'm just going by what I saw during games. Meh. Again, I have no idea what the staff thinks of Daenport, Davis, Deiter
I could see Davis battling for a starting spot at guard or tackle. His versatility is nice, but he's also someone I'd try to upgrade. Can only get so far in one offseason. I think if Miami landed a quality starter in the draft, that would be huge. RT if Tua is picked, LT otherwise. Nice to get more help there, maybe a guard/center type. Karras is on a one-year deal so that would help position the team for the future.

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't try to move Flowers to the right side where he could be interchangeable with the ever shaky Davis. We need 2 Tackles, Flowers at RT??
Hope not, he played decently at the guard position last year, tackle years prior, not so much. He's limited hard to hide his deficiencies when playing tackle not as critical at guard he has more help inside. He fits better there IMO, but then again, I'm not a coach...

I think Davenport got cut or not going to be resigned. worst OT Ive seen in a long time. He doesn't belong anywhere near a football stadium.

Back
Top Bottom