OL question | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OL question

I think Eichenberg will surprise people. He was an excellent college player who in year one in Miami played in a crap offense. He switched positions last year then got injured.
I wouldn't give up on Eichenberg yet. That's my personal feeling. I think he's going to be at worst solid once he settles in.
Unpopular opinion, I know. But college players like he was tend not to flat out suck in the NFL (USUALLY!) without an injury situation or coaching. Maybe he will suck, but I want him to get one more shot.
Man, do I hope you are right. That would be huge.

Not ready to give up on Jackson or Eichenberg but for me OL is the one glaring issue with this entire roster. I don’t think we should have spent big trying to replace those two guys but I’m not at all comfortable with the lack of competition.

Feeney will hopefully at least put pressure on one of the guard spots or maybe even be able to start at Centre and allow Williams to move to left guard. But that right tackle spot scares the daylights out of me. We all know the season, playoff and Super Bowl hopes hinge on Tua’s ability to stay on the field. Right now the biggest question mark on the roster is on protecting his blind side which is nothing short of illogical.

I hope they bring in a guy capable of competing at Right Tackle in training camp and to at least act as a backup swing tackle. There are still some serviceable guys on the market so I’m hoping someone like George Fant is brought in once we have the Byron Jones cap relief in June.

If that’s not on the radar or plausible I don’t see how they can afford to not draft a tackle at 51.
If we draft OL I hope it turns out better than in the past.

Drafting an OT at 51 is possible but I hope they don’t draft one just to draft one. It has to be value and chances are very hard to be a starting RT at 51........imo TE is the way to go at 51 and then you can draft an OT at 84 and let him sit and learn for a while but please, don’t miss out on a very good TE class this year when we all know we need one.

Drafting an OT at 51 is possible but I hope they don’t draft one just to draft one. It has to be value and chances are very hard to be a starting RT at 51........imo TE is the way to go at 51 and then you can draft an OT at 84 and let him sit and learn for a while but please, don’t miss out on a very good TE class this year when we all know we need one.

So if we traded all the draft picks this year to get Meyer your doing cart wheels? ;)

Man, if those 2 guys can step up and hold their ground and at least not be liabilities, that’d be absolutely huge!!!

I’d look to sign a potential FA post June 1 cuts as a posible starter at RT or LG.

Draft time, we go TE and RB in rounds 2 and 3.
BPA in rounds 6-7.

I just read todays article on dolphins podcast. All talk about the OL.
They seem to feel the front office is satisfied with our current guys - better coaching for Liam and better coaching and health for Jackson.
The author did feel we might resign one of last years guys like Snell, Little, or Fischer.
I really do not have great confidence in this plan.
Is Fangios scheme going to play to the strengths our guys do have?
What does Fangio have to do with our OL choices? We'll still make moves to improve it. Might be FA or draft or both.

https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2...age-nfl-offensive-starter-drafted-by-position

Data shows otherwise Danny, so there is reasonable hope for later round and UDFA RT's to get unearthed. From the article -

"I went ahead and manually pulled LT/RT data from PFF/PFR for the 2019-2021 starters.

OL by position

The results are dramatic. LT is a premium position, even approaching that of QB, with more than 51% of starters being 1st rounders. RT, on the other hand, is very much in line with center and guard. In fact, RT has the highest percentage of UDFAs starting."

What does Fangio have to do with our OL choices? We'll still make moves to improve it. Might be FA or draft or both.
Yes, sorry.
Two questions poorly demarcated. Should have left last question to a separate thread.

Yes, sorry.
Two questions poorly demarcated. Should have left last question to a separate thread.
Ah. Ok. You can go back and edit it so others don't pile on.

Regarding OL, the media just sees RT as an easy stone to throw because besides TE the rest of the roster is tighter than Candice Swaenpoel on a trampoline. I watched a PFF youtube yesterday and even they couldn't;t find anything to hate about the Phins moves. We'll fill RT probably before the draft. Might be Fluker or someone else.

I like Mayer but he's not one I'd trade up for like that.....I think we can get a good TE at 51
You wouldn't trade up for anyone though. You are the definition of "play it safe" from a risk adverse standpoint on these things. Not a shot brother, I just know your style.

https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2...age-nfl-offensive-starter-drafted-by-position

Data shows otherwise Danny, so there is reasonable hope for later round and UDFA RT's to get unearthed. From the article -

"I went ahead and manually pulled LT/RT data from PFF/PFR for the 2019-2021 starters.

OL by position

The results are dramatic. LT is a premium position, even approaching that of QB, with more than 51% of starters being 1st rounders. RT, on the other hand, is very much in line with center and guard. In fact, RT has the highest percentage of UDFAs starting."
Really interesting, thanks.
So the key is how does your drafting. We never know who has the biggest input. Any ideas?

OL by position

I think you can find a RT at any point but I was talking more as plug in as a starter from day one....that's very hard to do after the first round and we're gonna see 50 players come off the board before we make our first pick......also keep in mind that with a left handed QB, the RT spots is almost like a LT

Ah. Ok. You can go back and edit it so others don't pile on.

Regarding OL, the media just sees RT as an easy stone to throw because besides TE the rest of the roster is tighter than Candice Swaenpoel on a trampoline. I watched a PFF youtube yesterday and even they couldn't;t find anything to hate about the Phins moves. We'll fill RT probably before the draft. Might be Fluker or someone else.
Thanks for advice. I did edit.

Back
Top Bottom