Old guy take… | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Old guy take…

Games are still won in the trenches and we still can't stop the run and still can't block anyone on offense. Year after year it's the same thing. This OL HAS to get fixed. The last time we had good O-Line play we went to the playoffs a few years ago.

And we have to be able to get pressure on an opposing qb without blitzing. I don't want to be too down though because we did win on the road AT Scumbag Stadium and a lot of other good teams like TN and GB got crushed.

I love our coach, Tua can make all of the throws. Our o-line needs to improve, Belly exposed us for our coverage of rbs and tight ends. We looked slow on defense today. Looking forward to Fuller. Parker on the slant was great. WTF Ingram looked like a stud today for the Steelers

Dolphins guy since 1976. Seen it all, except of course when we ruled the planet.

Here’s the deal:

Tua is plenty good for a few Lombardis, but…

….his line sucks, as it has long before it was his, so….

…we will never realize his (or anyone else’s) potential with a **** line….

….which overworks the defense. But wait a sec….

….our D is our strength, but just got carved up by some FNG with little effort.

Both teams left mass points on the field. Both teams tried to gift each other this game. The bias of the refs was…not a bit surprising. Keep in mind, I watched the snow plow game. Crooks.

45 years has taught me: we’ve got what it takes. Tua is already better than Fiedler, Tannehill, or anybody else not named Marino, Griese, Morrall, or Strock.

Coaching is the key. We have the players.
I’ll say the jury is out on Tua. Thill has a great success with the Titans. Although not today’s game LOL

I love our coach, Tua can make all of the throws. Our o-line needs to improve, Belly exposed us for our coverage of rbs and tight ends. We looked slow on defense today. Looking forward to Fuller. Parker on the slant was great. WTF Ingram looked like a stud today for the Steelers
Fuller means nothing to me until the OLine gives him time to get downfield so we can throw him the ball.

Been watching since 74. And agree with you on all points. To be fair though, that rookie QB is exceptional, and Kyle Shanahan screwed up not selecting him, I feel like he caved into pressure, could be an interesting story there one day.

But our defense is so similar to theirs, I have to feel like Jones had an advantage against us because of that. Plus we still suck at stopping the run, so there is that.

Tua is the best QB we’ve had since Marino, no doubt. All and all, I’m more optimistic than I’ve been in 20 years…
I think Mac Jones fits far more with the Patriots than any other team, including the 49ers. I don't think he is/was a super prospect, or a guy who would be great in every system, but he was the best prospect to do what the Patriots do and it's not a good thing for us that things fell into place for them to get him.

I think too often teams - us included - seem to draft the QB that would be the best QB in the best system, but with little regard to what circumstances they are bringing that player into and whether or not their team is going to provide what that QB will need for success, or whether or not that QB is the most likely prospect to do well in the environment their team could provide. No coaching staff wants to admit to themselves that they may not be able to find a line that can regularly provide a good pocket, or scheme open consistent opportunities to make plays.

My expectations for this game was hoping Tua would shut up his critics. I don't think he accomplished that.

I didn't like the offensive game plan. Didn't use the quick passes early nor get our TE's involved. We couldn't overcome some dropped passes and like our Tannehill years couldn't pick up 3rd and long (largely due to poor protection for Tua).

THIS WAS AN UGLY WIN. No doubt come December we will be grateful for this AFC conference victory.

My take is there's some talent on the offensive line. It's probably more a matter of experience and getting NFL reps. That's not to say Miami shouldn't continue to add talent to the line, but it's an area where fans have to be patient.

I was disappointed with how well Jones played, but at least Miami's defense didn't break. If not for the bad call on roughing the passer, the Dolphins wouldn't have allowed a single touchdown.

We need impact players on the OL and the front 7 on defense. If we have to trade high picks for that help then so be it. It's not like we've drafted many impact higher round players lately, so trading for a known talent is probably better.

Back
Top Bottom