Oldest Dolphins Memorabilia | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oldest Dolphins Memorabilia

I’ve got an empty Dr Pepper bottle for the 72 season as well! It was given to me by my Dad. No clue how he got it (may have been my grandpa that found it and told him I’d love it).

Also have an old style Lettermen’s jacket.
07AA9400-0741-44B6-B2DE-0ACE3BD603D2.jpeg This was a Goodwill find by an old friend.

I have some stuff from the championship years when I was a young teenager. Magazines, and a dark brown wall plaque with a Dolphins helmet.

We had that helmet plaque on my bedroom wall and then after the season ended we had like a family ceremony and used one of those round plastic label maker gizmos to spell out, "1972-73 17-0 Super Bowl Champs." We all took turns with various letters. You had to turn the wheel to the specific letter each time. Then I finished it off and attached the sticker to the plaque, directly below the helmet. That was a big deal. I had that plaque prominently on my wall for years and it wasn't removed until my younger sister took over that room when I moved away after college.

I really should take better care of that stuff. It is boxed and I stumble upon it only occasionally. I did open that box about two months ago. I saw a ticket stub for the 1972 playoff game against the Browns. That was the most nerve wracking game in franchise history, IMO. It would have been humiliating to go 14-0 and then dump at home as 13 (?) point favorites to the lowly Browns. And it darn near happened. I have described it several times. Gloomy gray day and the crowd was silent, stunned and scared. We trailed 14-13 and the offense had done nothing in the second half until out of nowhere Morrall hit Warfield with a deep crossing pattern left to right toward the east end zone. Suddenly the crowd and team were energized. Kiick scored several plays later to bail out the game, 20-14.

Maybe I'll find that box sometime and post some pictures of the ticket stub, etc.

Keep this thread handy. I can't find that box on short notice.

Dan Marino rookie card is prob the oldest thing I have. Was bought in late 80s, back when u thought u could retire off sports cards. Crazy thing is if I can find them or didnt get rid of then in the move, in 89 my mom took my to a fins-browns game. On the flight from Mia to Raleigh I met a man from Rochester, NY. Big fins fan. We became pin pals when it was same for 10 year olds to be friends with 40 year olds. He had a friend that worked for Eastman Kodak. He sent me field photos from the game, autographs, think shula, Mark's brothers, Louis Oliver, sammie smith, a danny bar (I ate it hut kept wrapper lol), honestly if j look deep enough I mk ight still have the poster of dan in his zubaz pants. If you were a fins fan kid in the 80s and u didnt have that poster welllllll. I also have on VHS the "cant touch us" video the guys put out

STA_2357.JPG Okay, I found some stuff. I think I have it in two boxes and found only one of them. It has mostly 1973 and later stuff but some 1972.

I don't think the pictures I took quickly are that great, but you'll get the idea.

First one is the souvenir copy of Dolphin Digest after the 17-0 Super Bowl:

Back
Top Bottom