Omar Is Actually Leaving. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Omar Is Actually Leaving.

He's been one of those guys that is infuriating and then on occasion makes reasonable points - even some of his criticisms (like Tua reading defenses - that's been a bigger factor for Tua, that he needs to markedly improve, rather than his arm strength). I also don't think he knows football all that well. But I don't wish ill on people, and I don't think he's a terribly bad person, so I wish him well.

But glad he's gone. Maybe this will bring us some better fortune and better reporting.

I suspect, given the Steelers way, and with Tomlin and Flores there, that Omar will be generally positive about that franchise. And it has been a successful franchise - not the inept one in Miami for so many decades. So he will likely tread lightly on the criticisms.

I've also noticed other reporters who left Miami for other spots still occasionally comment on the Dolphins - especially when something negative happens and they are critical. So, unfortunately, I don't think he will cease criticism of the Dolphins. For me, the main thing is he's no longer the beat reporter there and will be covering the Steelers so we will hear less of him. That's a win. I just grow tired of seeing his tweets show up on a message board or on occasion a RT on my twitter feed.

While I respect Omar’s attempt at honest takes and not being a homer, it just came across as constant negativity. I started watching Big O this off-season and it got to the point where I just couldn’t stomach watching Omar episodes. I heard him try to correct Big O saying this wasn’t a fast team. What?? Lol!!! I won’t miss him one bit.

I tried liking Omar just because he’s Jamaican.

But nah. It’s a celebration today. Good riddance.

TtIr.gif

OMG!!! We are really going to finally get back to our winning ways. I wish Omar the best but I will not miss him.
Such a good pre-season.
Hard to top it, but Omar did his best to cheer us up. The rest of him is going to Pittsburg - lol
Saying hello to Flo - No Doubt.

Back
Top Bottom