Omar said Tua's arm still isnt back | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Omar said Tua's arm still isnt back

Whoever ranked Brees 4th for arm strength at any point in his career was a moron.
See here’s the funny part, Tua was and is being compared to Brees. I don’t agree. I think his accuracy is there with Drew, But I would think that if you’re comparing you would be happy with those rankings.

Power Ranking the Arm Strength of All 32 NFL Starting QBs​

ALEN DUMONJIC
JULY 20, 2012
Many claim that arm strength is an overrated aspect of quarterbacking and in comparison to some of the other characteristics, such as pocket presence and accuracy, that is true. However, it's still vital to have a strong arm because it has an impact on the design of the offense.

If a quarterback has a weak arm, the offensive coordinator has to eliminate some of the passing concepts, consequently limiting the offense. When concepts are thrown out and the passing offense is more based off of horizontal routes, it can be an issue moving the ball against defenses that like to sit and jump routes.

In contrast, a strong-armed passer is able to keep defensive backs on their heels by pressuring them vertically with the deep ball. The receiver who once was simply running vertical routes to clear out space for underneath receivers becomes a threat down the field and the defense is stretched horizontally and vertically.

In some cases, arm strength is the difference between winning and losing.

4. Drew Brees​

The New Orleans Saints' Drew Brees comes in at No. 4 in the power rankings with a very strong arm that sometimes looks bionic because of how many times a game he rips it at great distances.

Brees' career was once in question as his arm was hanging from his shoulder, which also makes his arm strength impressive.

You still haven’t shown or proved your point about Tua, please do so. I’m open to being wrong.
This is an opinion piece lol! There's absolutely nothing backing up his opinion. Its just as relevant as me posting a long ass post saying Tua was 7th in my arm strenght rankings...

Really,
Top 10 strongest arms NFL 2020
  1. Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs
  2. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
  3. Josh Allen, Buffalo Bills
  4. Tom Brady, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  5. Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks
  6. Dak Prescott, Dallas Cowboys
  7. Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions
  8. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints
  9. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers
  10. Deshaun Watson, Houston Texans
Couldn’t find consecutive years, but in 2004 Drew Brees was ranked in the top five at number Four, let’s talk about this more when he’s in the top 10
Drew Brees top 10 in 2020 but not Justin Herbert, Derek Carr, Jared Goffs, Ryan Tannehill, Kyler Murray? I think any one of these guys has a stronger arm than Brees at this point. This list is shite.

Y

Having a great arm is not as important as many other factors when it comes to being a great NFL QB. That is why Joe Montana, Drew Brees, Tom Brady and many other successful QB’s are considered great QB’s even though they didn’t have the strongest arms.

As far as your comment about Marino not having a big arm is concerned. You must have been watching a different Marino than I watched. Because the Marino I watched had one of the strongest arms in NFL history. Yet it was his ability to read defense, his quick release, his ability to move in the pocket, and his accuracy that made him the QB he was. Not the fact he also happened to have a cannon for an arm.
Marino's own quote about arm strength "distance is overrated".

From the Goat's mouth himself.

That's why guys like Jeff George never made it.

Marino could easily make every throw but was not known for having the strongest arm. He was known for quick release, accuracy and gun slinging.

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh?

Strock must've been talking about somebody else when he called him the "Bazooka from Pitt."
Yeah exactly, he never was known as the Josh Allen, Ryan Mallet, Jeff George, JaMarcus Russell.

He was known for quick release, accuracy, and gutz in tight windows. Among other vital items.

"Distance is overrated".

Just because he was Dan the Man did not mean he could throw the ball over them mountains. It was his other attributes that made him great ALONG with adequate arm strength.

SMDH at special needs posters...

Last edited by a moderator:
Marino's own quote about arm strength "distance is overrated".

From the Goat's mouth himself.

That's why guys like Jeff George never made it.

Marino could easily make every throw but was not known for having the strongest arm. He was known for quick release, accuracy and gun slinging.

How many SB did Marino win again?
What about Peyton Manning?

Power Ranking the Arm Strength of All 32 NFL Starting QBs​

ALEN DUMONJIC
JULY 20, 2012
Many claim that arm strength is an overrated aspect of quarterbacking and in comparison to some of the other characteristics, such as pocket presence and accuracy, that is true. However, it's still vital to have a strong arm because it has an impact on the design of the offense.

If a quarterback has a weak arm, the offensive coordinator has to eliminate some of the passing concepts, consequently limiting the offense. When concepts are thrown out and the passing offense is more based off of horizontal routes, it can be an issue moving the ball against defenses that like to sit and jump routes.

In contrast, a strong-armed passer is able to keep defensive backs on their heels by pressuring them vertically with the deep ball. The receiver who once was simply running vertical routes to clear out space for underneath receivers becomes a threat down the field and the defense is stretched horizontally and vertically.

In some cases, arm strength is the difference between winning and losing.

4. Drew Brees​

The New Orleans Saints' Drew Brees comes in at No. 4 in the power rankings with a very strong arm that sometimes looks bionic because of how many times a game he rips it at great distances.

Brees' career was once in question as his arm was hanging from his shoulder, which also makes his arm strength impressive.

You still haven’t shown or proved your point about Tua, please do so. I’m open to being wrong.
Who the hell is that and what data does he have to back that up? I could post a list that would be more credible than his. What a load of sh*t. Drew Brees's arm has been shot for at least 2 years now. 2020 Brees probably wouldn't even be in the top 40 strongest arms in the NFL.

Guys resist the urge to call other members out or that will be deleted or edited out

Differing opinions are allowed so make your case without name calling

Do we have any hard data on Tua's pass velocity from last year? I know some of the posters here track that stuff, but I haven't seen any numbers for Tua. It would be good to see how his velocity actually compares to other QBs.

Peyr
How many SB did Marino win again?
What about Peyton Manning?
Peyton is a perfect example. Thank you. Clearly never known as the "biggest arm" but good arm and intangibles to make the rest up. Arguably the GOAT.

Marino was the purest passer in history and the GOAT IMHO.

But was never the JaMarcus Russel, throwing it 50 yards from his rear end.

My entire point being, just because Tua doesn't have Josh Allen driving power on the ball doesn't mean the rest of the makeup of the passer is irrelevant.

Drew Brees top 10 in 2020 but not Justin Herbert, Derek Carr, Jared Goffs, Ryan Tannehill, Kyler Murray? I think any one of these guys has a stronger arm than Brees at this point. This list is ****e.
Read the date of the article.

Peyr

Peyton is a perfect example. Thank you. Clearly never known as the "biggest arm" but good arm and intangibles to make the rest up. Arguably the GOAT.

Marino was the purest passer in history and the GOAT IMHO.

But was never the JaMarcus Russel, throwing it 50 yards from his rear end.

My entire point being, just because Tua doesn't have Josh Allen driving power on the ball doesn't mean the rest of the makeup of the passer is irrelevant.

You're absolutely right because it's ridiculious.

The NFL is full of current and former guys with cannon for arms and guess what? It doesn't gaurantee anything when it comes to winning championship ball. You would think we'd know that as Dolphin fans who recently had Tannehill for what? 6? 7? years? Easily one of the top arms in the entire league and guess what? Nada!

Certainly having a nice strong arm that can make any throw and anytime is a plus. But, clearly, it's not the end all and be all of anything.

This season can't get here fast enough!

Back
Top Bottom