Omar said Tua's arm still isnt back | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Omar said Tua's arm still isnt back

Really,
Top 10 strongest arms NFL 2020
  1. Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs
  2. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
  3. Josh Allen, Buffalo Bills
  4. Tom Brady, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  5. Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks
  6. Dak Prescott, Dallas Cowboys
  7. Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions
  8. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints
  9. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers
  10. Deshaun Watson, Houston Texans
Couldn’t find consecutive years, but in 2004 Drew Brees was ranked in the top five at number Four, let’s talk about this more when he’s in the top 10
The knock on Brady early in his career and especially going into the draft was he didn’t have an NFL caliber arm. Brees has always been known more for his excellent accuracy and not necessarily his strong arm.

Whoever rated Brees as top ten in arm strength in 2020 were obviously basing this off his earlier career. Because the Brees I watched last year certainly didn’t have the velocity on the ball he had when he was younger.

it should also be noted that neither of the Manning brothers were known for their strong arms yet both of them led their teams to 2 SB wins each.

Tua obviously doesn’t have the arm strength of QB’s like Mahomes, Allen of Rogers but he can make the throws necessary to win in the NFL. With Tua it is just learning the offense and being able to quickly read the defense and he will be fine. If Tua fails in the NFL, which I don’t believe he will. It won’t be because of his arm but because of the mental aspects of the game.

That’s a different topic or thread (I love studying battles, generals and tactics) but he was ok, still dislike the name :-)))
Yeah, I'm a history buff in general, but WWII is my specialty.

You are spot on. He was "OK". Decent with logistics, and accomplished tasks as assigned.

Don't underestimate those qualities. Any good football team needs those guys.

Google it, The title is right there. I’m OK with being wrong, but show me where Tuas arm is stronger, you can’t just say it.
I see the list you posted but it isn't attributed to anyone or backed by any data. It is a list on a site called The Weekly Shot. What the hell is that? Any list that has Drew Brees of 2020 as a top 10 strongest arm on it, is a complete bogus list.

The knock on Brady early in his career and especially going into the draft was he didn’t have an NFL caliber arm. Brees has always been known more for his excellent accuracy and not necessarily his strong arm.

Whoever rated Brees as top ten in arm strength in 2020 were obviously basing this off his earlier career. Because the Brees I watched last year certainly didn’t have the velocity on the ball he had when he was younger.

it should also be noted that neither of the Manning brothers were known for their strong arms yet both of them led their teams to 2 SB wins each.

Tua obviously doesn’t have the arm strength of QB’s like Mahomes, Allen of Rogers but he can make the throws necessary to win in the NFL. With Tua it is just learning the offense and being able to quickly read the defense and he will be fine. If Tua fails in the NFL, which I don’t believe he will. It won’t be because of his arm but because of the mental aspects of the game.
I’m not gonna dispute anything you posted, but that wasn’t the discussion. The discussion was Tuas arm strength is like DB. I disagree, He’s definitely got Drews accuracy. The comparison is not Drew’s last year. Drew’s has always been known to have a strong arm. He’s won quarterback competitions.

I see the list you posted but it isn't attributed to anyone or backed by any data. It is a list on a site called The Weekly Shot. What the hell is that? Any list that has Drew Brees of 2020 as a top 10 strongest arm on it, is a complete bogus list.

Power Ranking the Arm Strength of All 32 NFL Starting QBs​

ALEN DUMONJIC
JULY 20, 2012
Many claim that arm strength is an overrated aspect of quarterbacking and in comparison to some of the other characteristics, such as pocket presence and accuracy, that is true. However, it's still vital to have a strong arm because it has an impact on the design of the offense.

If a quarterback has a weak arm, the offensive coordinator has to eliminate some of the passing concepts, consequently limiting the offense. When concepts are thrown out and the passing offense is more based off of horizontal routes, it can be an issue moving the ball against defenses that like to sit and jump routes.

In contrast, a strong-armed passer is able to keep defensive backs on their heels by pressuring them vertically with the deep ball. The receiver who once was simply running vertical routes to clear out space for underneath receivers becomes a threat down the field and the defense is stretched horizontally and vertically.

In some cases, arm strength is the difference between winning and losing.

4. Drew Brees​

The New Orleans Saints' Drew Brees comes in at No. 4 in the power rankings with a very strong arm that sometimes looks bionic because of how many times a game he rips it at great distances.

Brees' career was once in question as his arm was hanging from his shoulder, which also makes his arm strength impressive.

You still haven’t shown or proved your point about Tua, please do so. I’m open to being wrong.

Good Ole Omar. He still doesn't like Gesicke because he said he can't block.
QB doesn't need a rocket arm to be successful. I take accuracy over arm strength any day. Being said that, now we have two flyers in Fuller and Waddle, I do like to see more pop in his arm.

Power Ranking the Arm Strength of All 32 NFL Starting QBs​

ALEN DUMONJIC
JULY 20, 2012
Many claim that arm strength is an overrated aspect of quarterbacking and in comparison to some of the other characteristics, such as pocket presence and accuracy, that is true. However, it's still vital to have a strong arm because it has an impact on the design of the offense.

If a quarterback has a weak arm, the offensive coordinator has to eliminate some of the passing concepts, consequently limiting the offense. When concepts are thrown out and the passing offense is more based off of horizontal routes, it can be an issue moving the ball against defenses that like to sit and jump routes.

In contrast, a strong-armed passer is able to keep defensive backs on their heels by pressuring them vertically with the deep ball. The receiver who once was simply running vertical routes to clear out space for underneath receivers becomes a threat down the field and the defense is stretched horizontally and vertically.

In some cases, arm strength is the difference between winning and losing.

4. Drew Brees​

The New Orleans Saints' Drew Brees comes in at No. 4 in the power rankings with a very strong arm that sometimes looks bionic because of how many times a game he rips it at great distances.

Brees' career was once in question as his arm was hanging from his shoulder, which also makes his arm strength impressive.

You still haven’t shown or proved your point about Tua, please do so. I’m open to being wrong.
Whoever ranked Brees 4th for arm strength at any point in his career was a moron.

Here is a link to the list. It is ****ing laughable. Brees ranked ahead pf Stafford lol!

Back
Top Bottom