On the Clock Draft Simulator | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

On the Clock Draft Simulator

This would be awesome, kind of bummed that I missed out on one of the 3 top centers Biadaz, Humphrey and Harris, but the guys that fell to me at 1c and 2a were way too good to pass up on. Ceedee lamb aint going to get that low but if he, juedey or Tee Higgins somehow fall to our 1b or c, it's gonna but very hard to pass on one of them.

dec24.JPG

This would be awesome, kind of bummed that I missed out on one of the 3 top centers Biadaz, Humphrey and Harris, but the guys that fell to me at 1c and 2a were way too good to pass up on. Ceedee lamb aint going to get that low but if he, juedey or Tee Higgins somehow fall to our 1b or c, it's gonna but very hard to pass on one of them.

View attachment 35254

Yeah, I couldn't pass on Lamb at 1b. He's exactly what Miami needs at WR - a player who can win anywhere, who can separate but is also an outstanding target who makes contested catches, and he's outstanding after the catch. Line him up inside or outside. He's not a 1-to-1 with either, but he's in the mold of Nuke Hopkins and Michael Thomas. I think he has more juice than either, though. He's a true alpha.

I don't expect him to be there at the 1b pick, and if he's not, Tee Higgins would also be hard to pass. He's not as versatile or dynamic after the catch, but he has an even larger catch radius and is just as good at using his body to shiels defenders. Because he's bigger, this makes him effectively better in this area. Rare to find a WR who is so smooth with Higgins' frame and skills. I worry that Miami would see too much overlap with Parker and Williams, but I see Higgins as a WR who can demand more targets and play with better efficiency than either.

In some ways Jeudy is a better fit for Miami, because he offers better contrast to Parker and Williams, but he wins with separation more than at the catch point, and I think it's imperative that he plays with a QB that gets him the ball on time. If the QB is late, DB's could outmuscle Jeudy for the ball, but he's probably the best WR in the class at creating separation. He's probably also off the board by Miami's 1b pick.

I still love Tylan Wallace, as well, but his injury and projected value probably makes him a Day 2 target. If Jeudy had Wallace's strength, toughness, and tenacity, he'd be unstoppable. Drafting any of Lamb, Higgins, or Jeudy wouldn't stop me from drafting Wallace in the 2nd or 3rd.

View attachment 35254
Looks nice but Lamb and Simmons should be gone way before that. Btw, Hanson is a pretty good Center too.

5: R1P5
QB JUSTIN HERBERT
OREGON

18: R1P18
CB JEFFREY OKUDAH
OHIO STATE

25: R1P25
S GRANT DELPIT
LSU

39: R2P7
C CREED HUMPHREY
OKLAHOMA

62: R2P30
OT JOSH JONES
HOUSTON

70: R3P6
G TREY SMITH
TENNESSEE

146: R4P38
G JOHN SIMPSON
CLEMSON

163: R5P16
RB CLYDE EDWARDS-HELAIRE
LSU

178: R5P31
OT THAYER MUNFORD
OHIO STATE

181: R5P34
LB JUSTIN STRNAD
WAKE FOREST

187: R6P6
EDGE ALEX HIGHSMITH
CHARLOTTE

199: R6P18
RB MICHAEL WARREN II
CINCINNATI

208: R6P27
CB MIKE HAMPTON
SOUTH FLORIDA

245: R7P29
EDGE BRYCE HUFF
MEMPHIS

View attachment 35254
This is the way

5: R1P5

CB JEFFREY OKUDAH
OHIO STATE
18: R1P18

S GRANT DELPIT
LSU
25: R1P25

WR LAVISKA SHENAULT JR.
COLORADO
39: R2P7

C TYLER BIADASZ
WISCONSIN
62: R2P30

QB JALEN HURTS
OKLAHOMA
70: R3P6

OT PRINCE TEGA WANOGHO
AUBURN
146: R4P38

EDGE NICK COE
AUBURN
163: R5P16

OT JACK DRISCOLL
AUBURN
178: R5P31

LB CHARLES SNOWDEN
VIRGINIA
181: R5P34

DL CORY DURDEN
FLORIDA STATE
187: R6P6

G JONAH JACKSON
OHIO STATE
199: R6P18

RB LAMICAL PERINE
FLORIDA
208: R6P27

OT SAAHDIQ CHARLES
LSU
245: R7P29

OT COLTON MCKIVITZ
WEST VIRGINIA

My latest via FanSpeak.com, along with the role that I expect them to fill.

1a: Andrew Thomas OLT
1b: K'Lavon Chaisson OLB/Edge
1c: Jacob Eason QB
2a: Curtis Weaver DE/Edge
2b: Travis Etienne RB speed
3: Solomon Kindley OG
4s: Lucas Niang ORT
5a: AJ Dillon RB power
5b: Kenny Willekes DE
5c: Javarius Darius CB press
6a: Myles Dorn S
6b: JD Spielman WR slot
6c: Trajan Bandy CB slot
7: Justin Strnad WSLB

Mind you, I can't see us going through an entire draft with this many picks and not moving around some, or better yet... deferring some of the picks to the 2021 draft. This is more of a model of how I'd build the roster.

Even with you hogging all of the QBs... Gordon still fell into the 5th... and I too like Costello.

Back
Top Bottom