One more hubcap stolen from the "Phillip Rivers" bandwagon | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One more hubcap stolen from the "Phillip Rivers" bandwagon

He'll be gone before our pick regarless and we'll never have to listen to everyone here why we should or shouldn't have taken him...lol

Ozzy rules!!

It's Donahoe we are talking about here. Nobody knows what he's going to do. He stated before that he is looking for a qb but cannot say what rd. He may very well go for Lossman or some qb in the later rds.

Rivers won't be a Bill. Either he's drafted before the Steelers, or by the Steelers. Thats just the way it is. Its not a smoke machine out of there...they really plan to draft him and they don't mind everyone knowing it.

Originally posted by Justasportsfan
It's Donahoe we are talking about here. Nobody knows what he's going to do. He stated before that he is looking for a qb but cannot say what rd. He may very well go for Lossman or some qb in the later rds.

I agree. I think you guys may go after CB D. Hall if he slides to 14, or even OL Andrews. Rivers is also a posibility, but I think it's more likely you guys go DB, OL, WR round one and Draft Lossman rd 2 or someone else after.

Originally posted by Justasportsfan

Are there any injured HB's that won't play for a year that he could draft? If not you're right, no one has any idea what the heck he'll do!

Oliver...

The only reason I thought Willis McGee was a bad pick, was the fact that Buffalo already had Travis Henry. Other then that, it was a pretty decent pick

Originally posted by Dol-Fan Dupree
The only reason I thought Willis McGee was a bad pick, was the fact that Buffalo already had Travis Henry. Other then that, it was a pretty decent pick

A 1st round pick on a HB that everyone knew would have spent the majority of his rookie season on IR a good pick?

IMO that is a horrible 1st round pick, one of the worst I've ever seen. Now if he was taken in the 4th round or later, no problem.

Oliver...

a 20th pick for a player that if wasn't injured would be a top 5 pick?

Would the Colts of been dumb if they got Peyton Manning in with the 20th pick if he was hurt the first season?

Would the Chargers of been stupid if they got LT in the 20th if he didn't play the first season?

Were the titans stupid for drafting McNair in the top 10 even though he didn't even play in his first 2 years?

It was a surprising pick, but a worthy gamble. There was no way McGee would of lasted to the 4th round

Originally posted by caneproud117
I think they're blowing smoke, who in all reality would go and tell the public who they're going to draft? That's just not smart business, it could be a ploy to get someone to move up in front of them for no reason.

But its the truth... they need a franchise QB and u no bledsoe aint wut he used to be....

a 20th pick for a player that if wasn't injured would be a top 5 pick?

I don't think its stupid. But they did have Travis Henry. I don't understand it. Also this is a RB position not QB. RBs don't last all that long anyway and in general are easier to find than a lot of positions so to me it is a little on the questionable side to take a RB in the first round knowing he wont play at all in his first year....but then again I also seriously questioned McGahee's status as a top 5 pick in the draft. I don't think he will be THAT good, honestly.

It's theads like these, the biting wit, the overall sarcastic tone, that make me enjoy posting here. :D

You can make a valid point... and be a smartass at the same time! :lol:

I do agree with the fact that they had Travis Henry so it makes it a stupid pick.

The fact that is was injured and had to sit out this rookie season, I don't think does make it a stupid pick. Especially if he was a top 5 talent.

Re: Re: One more hubcap stolen from the "Phillip Rivers" bandwagon

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

Wow. That would be the second year in a row the Bills came off a losing record to select a player that wont play for them in the upcoming season. You would think as high as they get to pick all the time they'd grab a starter.

1. Bills record in 2002 was 8-8. That is a .500 record. A losing record would be 7-9 or worse...

2.If we drafted a QB he would be groomed to start in 2005. As Tom Donahoe said, only ONE defensive lineman selected before McGahee had a significant impact last year. The lineman that everyone said the Bills should have drafted, William Joseph did jack squat last year. While it's nice if your draft picks perform in the first year, a good GM has to have more than a 1 year window in mind for the people drafted.

3.The Bills have been very bad lately but we haven't got a lot of high picks. After winning only 6 games last year we don't even get a top 10 pick. Is this what you call high draft picks?

2004 13th
2003 23rd
2002 4th
2001 21th
2000 26th
1999 23rd
1998 39th
1997 23rd
and they get worse as we get back into the Jim Kelly era.

Yeah I just think its rare for a RB to genuinely be a top 5 talent and Willis McGahee did not strike me as one of those guys.

Back
Top Bottom