One of Henne's problems | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One of Henne's problems

Henne is 3-1 as the starter. The team has scored 30 + points in each of his 4 games. Today the entire offense was shut down but still managed a critical 8 minute drive capped off with a TD pass when they really needed it.

In just his 4th game as a starter......................get real

Seems like everyone is already forgetting the first matchup with the Jets this year. Henne had a 77% completion percentage, 241 yards passing, 2 touchdowns, 0 interceptions, and a 130.4 passer rating. And, of course, he led the Dolphins on the game-winning scoring drive. I believe that was his second start as well, if I am not mistaken.

Henne is 3-1 as the starter. The team has scored 30 + points in each of his 4 games. Today the entire offense was shut down but still managed a critical 8 minute drive capped off with a TD pass when they really needed it.

In just his 4th game as a starter......................get real

Yes... Agree 100% with you... But 6 sacks is a result of not knowing when the play is a bust. We had 60 yrds lost in those sacks.

I think what is hurting him is when a team like the Jets brings the blitz our relief routes stink. It might be because wide receivers aren't breaking off their routes, but I think it is by design. When the Jets or whoever bring 7 or 8, have Ricky or Ronnie settle in where the blitz comes from. Hit them and you are off to the races. Also more screen passes, yeah ran it once to Ricky today for 29yds well it worked so lets not call it again :rolleyes2:. Best way to back off a aggressive defense is screens and draws.

The only thing that bothers me is that it seems everytime we go to fasano the balls are high and behind him where he as to make leaping twisting catches.. which he doesnt.

Henne didn't have a very good day.. But He still played mistake free.

:hump:
Couldn't it also be our WR's just aren't getting open? When they do they drop it (Hi, Bess).

You are correct sir!

He checks down well, we struggle getting open as an offense. Our WR and TE do not get ant separation.

That is true, but Henne hasnt shown he can win games. If this team didnt have the wildcat and Ginn returning 2 kickoffs they would be 0-6

dude, give it up. He basically beat the Jets the first time and he got a score to put us up 30-19 with the rollout pass to Haynos for a TD.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting concerned about Henne's accuracy throwing the ball sometimes. He missed open receivers a couple of times today. He needs to work hard on his accuracy this week in practice. In the pocket, on the run, etc. The coaches should try to simulate him getting pushed around in the pocket. Have the players shove him a little in the practice drills before he throws the ball. Throw the ball in those baskets like they have at the QB Challenge and all that. I want a surgical QB like the Saints have with Brees.

He does better when he steps up in the pocket to throw instead of backpedaling. He also needs to somehow get better about going through his progressions and getting a better feel for the rush and all that. He needs to balance getting rid of the ball quickly vs. going through his progressions. Practice pump fakes and not staring down receivers until the last minute too. Favre is still excellent at that stuff, as he showed once again today.

Neither is his offensive lines.....

6 sacks already? What....are they blindfolded?

Unfortunately, Donald Thomas was a revolving door today. Ellis owned him, but the poster has a point. Henne is slow with his progressions over the last two games. He does need to get rid of the ball, but a 2 count is not enough (Donald I might block for one second Thomas).

Yes... Agree 100% with you... But 6 sacks is a result of not knowing when the play is a bust. We had 60 yrds lost in those sacks.
The Jets loaded up and came in hard. There will be a learning curve for him in blitz recognition and audibling in to the right play. This was the worst of his 4 starts but it was against a good defense, in their home, with revenge on their mind. Although he didn't sparkle, I'd say he passed this test and gained some good experience.

I really think he is going to have a huge game against the Pats, in fact, the entire offense will. You can bet they will work their a$$ off this week getting ready.

Sanchez looks like a 3 year starter and Henne looks like a rookie. The fins were lucky today they didnt need to rely on Henne to win the game.

Henne has not thrown 5 picks in a game. I prefer him to Sanchez.

Unfortunately, Donald Thomas was a revolving door today. Ellis owned him, but the poster has a point. Henne is slow with his progressions over the last two games. He does need to get rid of the ball, but a 2 count is not enough (Donald I might block for one second Thomas).
Remember, Thomas is only playing in his 7th NFL game today. I don't count the season opener last year. He's still young and learning. Plus, the Jets came hard today. The OL is not going to dominate until they get some experience and chemistry.

Back
Top Bottom