One of Henne's problems | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One of Henne's problems

The Jets loaded up and came in hard. There will be a learning curve for him in blitz recognition and audibling in to the right play. This was the worst of his 4 starts but it was against a good defense, in their home, with revenge on their mind. Although he didn't sparkle, I'd say he passed this test and gained some good experience.

I really think he is going to have a huge game against the Pats, in fact, the entire offense will. You can bet they will work their a$$ off this week getting ready.

The Pats will be fun! Let's hope he and this O has a break out performance!!!

Chad Henne and our passing game are going to have to get better in a hurry. I think the rest of the NFL is going to be better on defense vs. our Wildcat. They'll be watching game film on how the Jets did it. We need to still run the ball as often as possible. Just not as much Wildcat unless it's working well against that team.

Until the NFL sees that Henne and our receivers can get the job done in the passing game, it's going to be tougher sledding for Ronnie and Ricky. This stacking the box stuff and the way the Jets played it today will be a problem til Henne can burn 'em with the pass.

I touched on this earlier in the Jets game-day thread. Henne is still young, he's going to make mistakes. He'll make mistakes that will infuriate you at times. He'll make mistakes that a veteran QB like, oh, I don't know, Chad Pennington, wouldn't make. As angry as I was that he held on to the ball too long and refused to just throw it away at times, I realized that he's not Marino. He's never going to be Dan the man. What he can be is a much better Chad Henne. That's only going to happen if the coaching staff can coach him up, and is willing to give him the requisite time to mature and grow as a QB.

I don't expect most of us here to exhibit patience, so I won't waste my breath asking for it.

Hey, it could be worse, you could have Derek Anderson.

6/17, 76 yards, and 2 INTs today.

Wow! Awesome game he had!

I'm gonna say this. I wasn't really impressed with the way our offense played today. That includes Henne and anyone else who lines up on that side of the ball. Our run defense was good but we are still good in pass coverage. Playing calling on both sides was a little suspect. Special teams did a great job!

We got a win though people in a very hostile environment. Yeah, there is still a lot of work to be done but when it counted, the team came through. I'm just going to enjoy this one and hope that we can put together a good game plan for next week. We're definitely going to need it!

Hey, it could be worse, you could have Derek Anderson.

6/17, 76 yards, and 2 INTs today.

Derek Anderson doesn't have the weapons that Henne has. so he was 12/21 for 112 yards, but he lost 60 yards in sacks. That is awful. Henne has had 1 good game and 3.5 terrible games.

Henne isn't even supposed to be playing yet. Supposedly, the plan was for Pennington to play this year and get Henne ready for next.
So he's started a total of 4 games so far, and he has made some very good throws. Has also made some not so good throws.
Bottom line, we gave Fiedler 5 years to show what he could do, AJ Feeley, Joey Harrington, John Beck and Cleo Lemon a year or so.
Now Im not suggesting we give Henne 5 years if he is perpetually bad/inconsistent like Fiedler was, but lets see how he progresses through this season before we abandon him.

Henne isn't even supposed to be playing yet. Supposedly, the plan was for Pennington to play this year and get Henne ready for next.
So he's started a total of 4 games so far, and he has made some very good throws. Has also made some not so good throws.
Bottom line, we gave Fiedler 5 years to show what he could do, AJ Feeley, Joey Harrington, John Beck and Cleo Lemon a year or so.
Now Im not suggesting we give Henne 5 years if he is perpetually bad/inconsistent like Fiedler was, but lets see how he progresses through this season before we abandon him.

Fiedler was a hell of a lot better than Henne. John Beck was not really given a fair chance here. The team at the beginning of the year was good, but by the time Beck came in, the injuries and trades, made them terrible.

This is why he was a 2nd rounder. All the measureables except the one between the ears.

He's been good in all of his starts so far, anyone with a brain would see that .... yeah he's missed some throws at times as all QBs do, but Henne is a great prospect and will continue to grow... Brady was a 6th round pick, so whats that make him... fairweather fans really bother me, get a clue

Henne looks like a rookie because our offensive line can't give him time. We don't try to get him into rhythm. He makes a nice throw for a 1st down, and on the next 2 plays we run the wildcat.....or we run the wildcat on 1st and 2nd and bring him on the field on 3rd and long and expect him to deliver a perfect pass. That's just my opinion

I knew it wouldn't take the wildcat bashers long to start showing up again after a few bad games. Don't see hide nor hair of them when we're crushing with it but the second it performs poorly they are all over the "gimmick"

Henne is doing fine. Yes I did at times scream at the TV today saying just throw it away. Surely Pennington taught him if nothing is there its ok to throw it away rather than take a sack and lose yardage.

Fiedler was a hell of a lot better than Henne. John Beck was not really given a fair chance here. The team at the beginning of the year was good, but by the time Beck came in, the injuries and trades, made them terrible.

You really believe that?
Fiedler had heart and would give you 110% every play, but his 110 still meant the receiver would have to stop, dive, or jump to catch a 15yd pass. To get the ball to go more than 20yds in the air, Fiedler would have to do that ridiculous windup and then still miss his receiver by 5yds.
I've already seen Henne make throws that Fiedler could only dream of being able to make.
Now like I said, Fiedler had heart. He also was somewhat mobile. But he made as many bad decisions as good and his weak arm only compounded that problem. Will Henne end up being the answer at QB? Who knows, but he has the physical skills. Lets give him some time to develop the rest of his game. Henne makes mistakes, but so did Fiedler. But, Henne has the potential to correct his shortcomings. Fiedler never did.
I agree that Beck probably wasnt given a fair chance. Cameron was a disaster as a head coach/GM so Beck was thrown into a very bad situation.

The only thing that bothers me is that it seems everytime we go to fasano the balls are high and behind him where he as to make leaping twisting catches.. which he doesnt.

Henne didn't have a very good day.. But He still played mistake free.
a key to winning ugly football games in the nfl

MY god. I am rewatching the game now and henne is so bad. running into sacks, holding the ball too long, overthrowing everybody.

Back
Top Bottom