One Pic to sum up our Entire season! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One Pic to sum up our Entire season!

PhinFan0202 said:
No not really. I thought Manny Lawson would have made a good DE/OLB hybrid. I'm not fickle with my opinion so don't assume that i am.
Secondguessing is too easy. Also, this is the main reason people complain about the decisions a coach makes during the draft. "I wanted so n' so." If that person isn't drafted, they are quick to point out the mistakes made by the player taken instead and conveniently leave out things like Carpenter not starting either and having less tackles by nearly half, no sacks, no picks, etc.; or Lawson who would have started slowly since we have a better d than SF, and therefore far more depth. Regardless, it never fails. Every year we have the naysayers no matter who we draft. I have no doubt that we had them in 1983 too.

Gonzo said:
Secondguessing is too easy. Also, this is the main reason people complain about the decisions a coach makes during the draft. "I wanted so n' so." If that person isn't drafted, they are quick to point out the mistakes made by the player taken instead and conveniently leave out things like Carpenter not starting either and having less tackles by nearly half, no sacks, no picks, etc.; or Lawson who would have started slowly since we have a better d than SF, and therefore far more depth. Regardless, it never fails. Every year we have the naysayers no matter who we draft. I have no doubt that we had them in 1983 too.

I can only speak for myself when i say i thought Lawson would have been pretty good for us. Can you honestly say you weren't a little disapointed and or still disapointed with the way Allen has worked out? I agree with you about people who complain about everybody but i'm not one of those people. I liked most of the talent that Saban has brought in thus far but i was hoping for a better pick in the first round. This is just my opinion...

PhinFan0202 said:
I can only speak for myself when i say i thought Lawson would have been pretty good for us. Can you honestly say you weren't a little disapointed and or still disapointed with the way Allen has worked out? I agree with you about people who complain about everybody but i'm not one of those people. I liked most of the talent that Saban has brought in thus far but i was hoping for a better pick in the first round. This is just my opinion...

Would I have liked it if Allen came out and put all other NFL DB's to shame? Absolutely, but I am also realistic. Expecting instant stardom from a rookie, regardless of where he is picked is fickle. When you throw in the fact that he is learing two positions in a fairly difficult defensive scheme, then it will take time. So no, I am not even a little disappointed because I was realistic from the beginning. Now, if he's not starting by next season, then I may be a little disappointed, but mostly surprised.

nextyearzg8-1.jpg

If there was one face.

Gonzo said:

dang...I've missed ya Gonzo ! good stuff

unifiedtheory said:
One pic to sum up our season?

The arthroscope of Daunte's knee.

Funny you say that...but that was exactly what i was thinking when i read the title of this thread.

Go Fins!!!

Great thread idea....kepp those pics coming.....I'm sure there are more that can "sum up our season" quite accurately....looking forward to seeing them...

It was a heck of a throw. Garrard won this game for the Jags. Our defense had a few soft plays but Garrard made some incredible plays on Sunday.

travis daniels sucks. if kerry collins could hit the broad side of the barn we would have lost to the titans too cuz daniels got smoked all day long by drew bennett. sunday he allowed matt jones to have as many catches and yards in one game than he's had in his last 5. this is why goodman and allen have been the starters for the majority of the season. the travis daniels fan boys need to get their heads out of their *****.

PhinFan0202 said:
"Jason Allen, who the hell, wtf?" That's the first thing that i thought of when we drafted this guy. I was hoping for Manny Lawson or Bobby Carpenter with the pick but that didn't happen. Not saying that Allen can't be good but we could have gotten him later.

All I can say about Allen is...That's what you get when you hold out of camp!! Beat!!

Any WR that is 6'4 is going to have a great day on 6'0 under secondary. I mean that was their average height.

I think people are assigning too much blame to Allen on this one. He didn't get beat. His responsibility was in the zone toward the middle of the field. Daniels had the primary coverage on the outside. Daniels admitted as much in this quote:
"We were in a zone coverage and I should have split the zone a little more than I did," Daniels said.

And both those kids are Saban draft picks! That kid Allen better start showing me something soon!

Gonzo said:
He doesn't know. If we drafted Carpenter, he would have wanted Lawson or Allen :lol:

Amen Brother.

If we would have, should have drafted this guy or that guy. Not one of us here has any clue about drafting players that why we do what we do for a living. So Jason is our guy and I believe he will be a good player for us.

Back
Top Bottom