One Thing I Don't Understand! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One Thing I Don't Understand!

Ryan1973

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
Why is everybody high on Croyle? They had a terrible offense at Alabama this past year. If he was that great, you would think he would have been able to put up more points and better numbers. I am just not that sold on him.

Ryan1973 said:
Why is everybody high on Croyle? They had a terrible offense at Alabama this past year. If he was that great, you would think he would have been able to put up more points and better numbers. I am just not that sold on him.

Croyle is solid...I am not HIGH on him but you also have to factor in they lost their best WR(not sure of name)midway through the season.

Hes a leader and can scramble and has a decent arm....Be sold on him if we get him in the 4th.

musphinzfan said:
Croyle is solid...I am not HIGH on him but you also have to factor in they lost their best WR(not sure of name)midway through the season.

Hes a leader and can scramble and has a decent arm....Be sold on him if we get him in the 4th.

Ya, but I don't buy not having great offensive skill players around him was a reason not to be more effective. I mean Cutler put up great numbers and I don't think many of his wide receivers will be in the NFL. Croyle just didn't make a lot of plays.

I'm not sold on him either. He's a little light in the behind, but does have a strong arm. If we got him in the 4th I would be alright with that. It's all this 2nd round pick stuff that has me a little worried. If we picked him in the 2nd I feel it would be a huge reach. Croyle might be a good NFL QB one day, but I feel it's at least 3 years down the road. To me he's got "career back-up" written all over him.

Im not a scout pro but when i saw the senior bowl i was more impress with whitehurst, i thought he even looked better than cutler, but again it was only one game.

Probly the same reasons people are high on cutler. Injury prone? Im not sure that is the reason, he had a serious injury, that is different from injury prone. QB's ussually are not injury prone. They simply get their ***** kicked. We build an Oline, like we should, and Croyle wont have any probs.

musphinzfan said:

Tyrone Prothro, the one who made that SICK catch where he caught the ball behind the head of the DB and held onto it with it pressed into the guy's helmet while they fell and flipped, lol.

*Edit* didn't see someone already named him, oops.

Dolfan4life! said:
I'm not sold on him either. He's a little light in the behind, but does have a strong arm. If we got him in the 4th I would be alright with that. It's all this 2nd round pick stuff that has me a little worried. If we picked him in the 2nd I feel it would be a huge reach. Croyle might be a good NFL QB one day, but I feel it's at least 3 years down the road. To me he's got "career back-up" written all over him.

you mean like Joe Montana?:D Took Joe three years to come to the promised land. I see similarities between the two in character and size and intangibles. Joe was a third round draft pick BTW. Does not mean that Croyle is Joe, but hopefully you can figure out what i mean.

Strongly disagree.

finfan54 said:
Probly the same reasons people are high on cutler.
What would those reasons be? Very different IMO

finfan54 said:
Injury prone? Im not sure that is the reason, he had a serious injury, that is different from injury prone. QB's ussually are not injury prone. They simply get their ***** kicked. We build an Oline, like we should, and Croyle wont have any probs.

Multiple, both knees and a shoulder.

dolphin23 said:
Im not a scout pro but when i saw the senior bowl i was more impress with whitehurst, i thought he even looked better than cutler, but again it was only one game.

And the other thing is that the whole world forgot about jacobs because he has not been seen yet. Cant wait for combines.:D

And another thing, Saban will not draft Croyle if he knows his injuries are a prob. But Croyle gets drafted by NS, Croyle wont see any PT until the second year.

SpeedRush99 said:
Strongly disagree.

What would those reasons be? Very different IMO

Multiple, both knees and a shoulder.

Well, then, maybe his stock is falling and we get him in the sixth then?:lol: Thats not what i hear though, Jay.

finfan54 said:
Well, then, maybe his stock is falling and we get him in the sixth then?:lol: Thats not what i hear though, Jay.

What? I didn't say his stock was falling. Just correcting false information.

Back
Top Bottom