One Thing I Don't Understand! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One Thing I Don't Understand!

SpeedRush99 said:
Strongly disagree.

What would those reasons be? Very different IMO

Multiple, both knees and a shoulder.

And what I meant was that there is no proof that Cutler is great. It is only a projection of greatness. I am not convinced, but if he falls to us at 16, I am not opposed to getting him. He has the tools. that does not translate into succcess, there are too many other variables.

He is a little small. I really don't believe he's a 2 or 3 round QB. With his injury situation and his game.

....But someone will take him probably in the 2nd.

finfan54 said:
And what I meant was that there is no proof that Cutler is great. It is only a projection of greatness. I am not convinced, but if he falls to us at 16, I am not opposed to getting him. He has the tools. that does not translate into succcess, there are too many other variables.

agreed, If Cutler does infact fall to us and Saban likes him enough to draft him in the 1st round, then so be it, I'd be happy with the decision to do so. However, I do not think he's valuable enough to trade up for when there is so much more talent in this draft in other areas that could easily help us fill much needed holes. This is why I like Croyle in the 2nd (or later if he falls) as a better value pick in the draft for us, I believe this kid is talented and if groomed behind a Vet. for a year will shine when given his opportunity to start...and yes, this should give him adequate time to add some weight as well, which will help out with his durability issues IMO...

SpeedRush99 said:
What? I didn't say his stock was falling. Just correcting false information.

I know you didnt say that, but based on what your implying, his stock should be falling dont ya think? I would think that scouts have disected him and his injuries and have put the whole big picture of everything together. Im not worried though. For real though, I dont think we are getting Cutler in the end. Im not saying we are getting Croyle either, but I know there are a lot more QB's that we are looking at.

finfan54 said:

I didn't recall saying anything about Cutler being great. I was just pointing out the reference you made comparing the 2, nothing more.

Juan Cribbs said:
just read every post you've ever made. ;)

I've never said he's "great". I've said he has all the tools to be a good NFL Qb. And I think he could be the best QB to come out of this draft.

If Cutler doens't fall to us, or if someone with more upside than him fall to us in the first, take them. Then in the second Coyle would be sweet. He is a little shorter than what I would really want, but He has a great arm, is smart, and is mobile. I would be very happy with him leading our O

finfan54 said:
And the other thing is that the whole world forgot about jacobs because he has not been seen yet. Cant wait for combines.:D

And another thing, Saban will not draft Croyle if he knows his injuries are a prob. But Croyle gets drafted by NS, Croyle wont see any PT until the second year.

Yeah Saban will draft a guy with injury problems. He did last year in the 3rd round when he drafted Channing Crowder. How has that worked out so far?

playmaker1 said:
If Cutler doens't fall to us, or if someone with more upside than him fall to us in the first, take them. Then in the second Coyle would be sweet. He is a little shorter than what I would really want, but He has a great arm, is smart, and is mobile. I would be very happy with him leading our O

Cromartie
I totally agree. Don't trade up! Trade Down!

Skeet84 said:
Cromartie
I totally agree. Don't trade up! Trade Down!

We only have a few picks this year thanks to suplimental and AJs trade. Hopefully we can get something outta Ricky. But If the right guy(s) arnt there at 16 we need to trying to trade down, not sure if anyone will want to move up there, but it is deff worth a try. we have alot of holes and need to get as many impact guys outta the draft as we can

ckparrothead said:
Reggie McNeal's stock is rising. I'd be willing to make him a 2nd round pick at this point.

CK,

Would you rank him your 4th QB ahead of Croyle, WHitehurst, and Jacobs? He had a very average year with his stats which unfortunately is all I ahve to grade him on at the moment. I did not get to see him play this year but was he not playing hurt for part of it? I know he's a good runner but what about his accuracy and arm strength, are they good? Just a few questions about him.

The thing is he did a lot without much talent around him. I saw Croyle three times this year and his best attributes are knowing where to go with the ball. He has nice tools to work with, a strong arm, good deep ball, leadership abilities, smarts, poise and pretty good accuracy. But, he is somewhat of a work in progress since he has missed so much time with injuries.

guys, all QBs coming fr omcollege into the NFL are works in progress. We need to draft someone that has the tools and smarts that we can groom into the guy we want running our O. Point is, Cutler or Croyle, both has alot of upside that would help our organization. We just need to get lucky and draft one of them or someone else, and then start working on/with them, let Gus mentor them some

Back
Top Bottom