One Thing I Haven’t Seen…… | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One Thing I Haven’t Seen……

Been drinkin' again?

As someone who would have deep sixed Grier in a heartbeat, I've warmed up to him a bit, but ONLY because he brought in some GREAT help as mentioned in this thread.

I'm fine with him staying on, as almost anyone can learn. He's proven to be decent the last couple years and I don't think anyone should say otherwise.

I'll be damned if I'll eat crow on this one though ;)
Sometimes you need patience and we all don’t know the politics with the whole Tbaum, Flores and all that crap. Posters here like to talk as if they know the behind the scenes stuff but they don’t. If this team makes the playoffs then serve yourself

Grier has done a great job in being aggressive and getting this team some pizzaz in free agency.

There are still several instances in the draft where I wish I was making the pick instead of him.
Yeah I’m gonna say I’m glad you’re not buying the groceries

When it was fully his job and the epic rebuild ensued, he’s put together a good team at this point..

This is his team so it’s been four years since that rebuild.

Let’s see how far the team gets and judge from there..

The defense he’s built needs to carry its weight this year

As the GM you are judged by the HC you hire and team success. He hired Flores which was a bust and we haven’t made the playoffs during his tenure so far nor do we have any playoff wins. That needs to change for him to be viewed as a successful GM.

Everyone jumping on McDaniels jock strap and rightfully so but when you give some credit to Grier for getting him some of these players?
All heard over the past year how most of you hated Grier
How bout some of you eating crow BITCHES
On one hand, Grier did hit on some draft picks recently. On the other hand, the o-line looks better every time they replace a Grier drafted o-lineman with someone drafted by another team. Personally, I do not believe that this is just a coincidence.

showtime GIF by The Chi

GMs get players, that’s what they do. Zoom out and look at his whole career and he’s average at best as a GM. But hey we’re 2-0 so Grier is awesome.

GMs get players, that’s what they do. Zoom out and look at his whole career and he’s average at best as a GM. But hey we’re 2-0 so Grier is awesome.
No one saying he’s awesome, but should get credit being were handing it out to McDaniel

As for the McDaniel hire...Even the losers get lucky sometimes - Petty

I like Grier a lot. Obviously, the Austin Jackson and Noah Igbinoghene picks are unforgivable for some, and honestly, that’s understandable. There was All Pro talent on the board at the time of both picks at positions of need. I get that. I also understand the vision, and the Austin Jackson selection in particular. After taking Tua at #5, the Dolphins were working the phones trying to get back up for Wirfs. Reportedly, the cost was too high. The Jackson pick was a bit of a panic, but they had to replace Tunsil and he was regarded as a high ceiling prospect. Kid just wasn’t coached until this year. The Igbinoghene pick, well, I’m convinced that was all Flores and his infatuation with Auburn kids in that pre-draft process.

But man did he rebound as a GM…. The following draft, you grab Jaylen Waddle, Jaelen Phillips (wake up there, buddy), and Jevon Holland in the first two rounds. That’s just an incredible, potentially franchise altering draft. Then, the following year we go all in on Tyreek Hill. I love it. I love his aggressiveness when he sees a fit, and I love the fact that he’s one of the best in the business at getting value when dealing his guys.

Chris has done a fantastic job when you put everything into perspective. Lots of excellent points in this thread. He’s a coach’s GM, and he’ll do whatever it takes to acquire the players his head coach wants in the system.

We’ve done a great job rebuilding the organization as a whole from the ****-hole it became. Ironically, the only problem remaining in the house is the owner. I decided to give Chris a clean slate when he was officially named GM, and I’m not going to stay salty on him over missing on 2 high picks, when the other high picks he’s had to work with equate to Tua, Waddle, Phillips, Holland, Wilkins, and TYREEK HILL. And the jury is still out on Jackson for that matter, as well as Eich.

If you truly believe that we finally have the right coach and football team…. Then I think you kind of have to give some level of credit to the GM.

Back
Top Bottom