Open apology to the dolphin front office | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Open apology to the dolphin front office

Phins13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
A month or so back, my patience slowly started to fade as well as my confidence in D.W and R.Spiel. We lost out on Gandy and said publicly we were not interested in Junior Seau.I wrote a post that I did not think we were aggressive enough in trying to upgrade this team at certain positions.(I am a Wann/Spiel fan). Now a few months later, we are on the verge of the biggest off-season in phins history. Not only did we sign Seau,we also picked Thompson,Buckley,Zgonia and are on the verge of signing Knight and Griese(fingers crossed) We also signed C.Rogers and have both Newsom and Baker playing well in Europe. All these signings were great additions as well as cap friendly. Kudos to the front office for a great start to this phin season............a lot more to go I hope!!!!!! Now if we can just stay off our coach's and G.M's back,(myself included) let's sit back and watch them try to finish what they have started. Also the draft we had seems to look better everyday..........Moore,Tolliver etc.

This thread should get a lot of responses.

Great message. I'm not one to complain and say the FO did wrong. What do I know? I'm not part of their organization, but just a fan. While I may disagree with them, they are still right until Wayne decides to fire them for being wrong.

I think the FO is playing the entire offseason and not looking for the one big one and then be done. More like they're playing a slow game of chess and I t hink they're kicking some ass so far.

Thanks.

We accept your apology here at the Front Office:drinkers:

Only thing Im going to say is that the FO has done a great job on paper but if there is no chemistry then there is no ring.....Lets just hope this is the right mix of talent....IMO it is!

How is this anywhere near your best off season in history? You have gotten average talent this offseason!

Last off season was obviously the best i.e. Ricky Williams.

Originally posted by zevo
How is this anywhere near your best off season in history? You have gotten average talent this offseason!

Well, I would concur that there is some doubt that this is the best off season in Phin history. However, neither you or anyone else knows how the draft picks will work out.

And as for Junior Seau being called an average talent :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and might I add :lol: :lol:

Yeah

yeah, it really shows how theyre the ones spening thousands of dollars on research, and we should trust them. It usually works out when you have pros running things, no matter how bad it may seem at first (missing gandy, decarling no interest in seau, etc.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I got flamed for asking people to wait for the end results! :D This off season is shaping up nicely. Let's just hope, as dolphanjo stated, that the chemistry remain as good or improves with the additions of the new players.

Let's break down what the Front Office has done...

Off-season needs were:

Linebacker, Wide Receiver, Back-up Quarterback, Offensive Line depth, Back-up TE, Depth in the secondary, Return man for SP...

LB- Aquired Junior Seau, drafted Eddie Moore (ranked as high as #7, LBs in the draft)...

WR - Aquired Derrius Thompson, drafted JR Tolver...

Back-up QB - Fired Lucas, has sights on Brian Griese...

O-line depth - Finally dumped Brent Smith, drafted Wade Smith and Taylor Whitney, adding to Seth McKinney... The youth movement has begun...

Back-up TE - Aquired Battaglia, then drafted Donald Lee, who "could" be another Randy McMichael...

Secondary depth - Aquired Terrell Buckley, and appear to be aquiring Sammy Knight...

Special Teams - Aquired Charlie Rogers

I am happy with the off-season moves... I don't think we were that far off talent-wise, and the FA additions are going to be a huge factor... Seau, Thompson, and Rogers will all be a significant part of the team...

Of the draftees, Moore has a shot at winning a starting job, Tolver will likely see some time when we spread Defenses, Smith and Whitley could see time (I've not read much about them in camp, but read that Smith is a beast), and Lee may see significant time, in the 2 TE set...

T-Buck will see a lot of playing time, and if we get Knight (I know we all hate MIGHT), he could be a starter, should he beat out Freeman, which is likely...

Sounds like a pretty good off-season, to me...

Last edited by a moderator:
Great avatar burghPhinFan

:lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW...what is the average flight speed of a Swallow??

Originally posted by zevo

Last off season was obviously the best i.e. Ricky Williams.

Ricky wasn't all we got..

Jay Williams, Rob Burnett, and Jamie Nails all made very significant contributions to our team...

Originally posted by T-ROCK

Ricky wasn't all we got..

Jay Williams, Rob Burnett, and Jamie Nails all made very significant contributions to our team...

tre, I think the point he was trying to make was that he thinks that Ricky alone made last offseason better than this one.

I think last year was probably slightly more productive, but we had more holes to fill as well, this year we are putting in the finishing pieces hopefully. *crossing fingers*

add the NFL's leading rusher to any team and tell me how they could match that move the next season...

I'm happy with the off-season moves we've made, to now... adding back-up QB Griese and possible starter Sammy Knight will only make me happier...

Back
Top Bottom