Open apology to the dolphin front office | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Open apology to the dolphin front office

Originally posted by fin-atic
Well here I go again. Why do I have to be the one to rain on the parade??

Guys we have picked up Junior Seau. Other than that we really have not done anything. Especially in addressing the area of need for this team. We have not signed Sammy Knight or Brian Griese. As of now my off season grade is a C-. Prior to Seau it was a D-.

As nice as it is to have Seau and even Knight, it doesn't solve our severe deficiency in the passing game. We still have no WR to offset Chambers. Thompson has not proven anything yet. His stats ar eno better than McNights and we still have not solved the O Line problem. If Griese comes in we may have a solution to the QB problem. If so, my grade goes to B-.

The defense was in the top 3, the running game near the top, the passing game almost at the bottom.

I am sorry, but to ask me to get excited about these draft picks is a little much. More often than not they do not make it. To expect that Moore, Tolver, Smith, and Lee are all going to be hits is far fetched.

So I am still waiting for us to get better in the areas we need. Until then I am holding fast to my C- grade.

I will enjoy being wrong about all of this if it plays out that way.

I disagree with you on only 1 thing... Thompson...

His stats were as good as Chambers, much better than McKnight's last season...

And I place very little importance on this year's draft where it will have anything to do with this year's success... We weren't really in a serious need when you compare us to t some other teams...

All we did with the rest of FA was get an upgrade over Rodgers and some depth elsewhere...

We're not that far off, we didn't lack talent last season... We lacked in coaching and/or execution, something that's hopefully easier to overcome than a lack of talent...

Originally posted by Tatonka

it has been so long since the fish have beat the bills, that it would be tough to tell how the bills fans will respond IF your lucky enough to beat the bills.. rofl..

we didnt have to worry it last year.. that is for sure..

man i love sweeping the fish.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :eek:
yeah, its been a real long time. lets talk about sweeps in 2001 and 2000!;)

it has been so long since the fish have beat the bills, that it would be tough to tell how the bills fans will respond IF your lucky enough to beat the bills.. rofl..

Wow.. do you suffer from selective, short term memory? Or are you simply blocking out the two years prior when we swept you?

Just wondering..... :huh:

:lol: :lol:

I will let our boys in aqua and orange do that for us. They will be REAL glad to see the cow pies this season.

I wonder of any of these guys will show up here after the losses?

Are you saying ppl will not post or show up if the Dolphins lose more games than some think? If so why would you think the Dolphins are heading down that road?

After all if it wasn't for Lucas ruining our season last year, we were well on our way to the #1 seed in the AFC.

We have improved this team as much as any team this off-season.

Oliver...

Originally posted by WharfRat

Wow.. do you suffer from selective, short term memory? Or are you simply blocking out the two years prior when we swept you?

Just wondering..... :huh:
read the post just before yours!;)

Actually Oliver.... I think he meant that he wonders if the Bills fans will be posting, after our boys in Aqua and Orange get done with them.....

Originally posted by WharfRat
Actually Oliver.... I think he meant that he wonders if the Bills fans will be posting, after our boys in Aqua and Orange get done with them.....

Good, that's a lot better than what I was thinking he meant. :D

Sorry for not reading your post better fin-atic.

Oliver...

Wow! It happens that I was off traveling last season and I just missed the whole thing.

We spotted you TWO divisional games? Damn... that's a lot in a tight division. Enough to really give a good team a leg up.

I'm sure we were out of it, but since your guys were THAT good, you must have just ROARED into the play-offs, then.

So, how did you do?

Originally posted by Phan4Ever

Wow! It happens that I was off traveling last season and I just missed the whole thing.

We spotted you TWO divisional games? Damn... that's a lot in a tight division. Enough to really give a good team a leg up.

I'm sure we were out of it, but since your guys were THAT good, you must have just ROARED into the play-offs, then.

So, how did you do?

Now you guys are just being being mean using logic and all! :D

Oliver...

Never has a team done so little(Bills) and have there fans talk sooo much!!! I guess sweeping the phins gives them their first Lombardi trophy !!!!!!!!!! Once again, any phin fans wake up this morning and get on a Bills forum to see how the mighty Bills are doing?!!..........................................ANYBODY..........................................................ANY SCARED PHIN FANS OUT THERE!!!! I did'nt think so.

Well here I go again. Why do I have to be the one to rain on the parade??

Guys we have picked up Junior Seau. Other than that we really have not done anything. Especially in addressing the area of need for this team. We have not signed Sammy Knight or Brian Griese. As of now my off season grade is a C-. Prior to Seau it was a D-.

As nice as it is to have Seau and even Knight, it doesn't solve our severe deficiency in the passing game. We still have no WR to offset Chambers. Thompson has not proven anything yet. His stats ar eno better than McNights and we still have not solved the O Line problem. If Griese comes in we may have a solution to the QB problem. If so, my grade goes to B-.

The defense was in the top 3, the running game near the top, the passing game almost at the bottom.

I am sorry, but to ask me to get excited about these draft picks is a little much. More often than not they do not make it. To expect that Moore, Tolver, Smith, and Lee are all going to be hits is far fetched.

So I am still waiting for us to get better in the areas we need. Until then I am holding fast to my C- grade.

I will enjoy being wrong about all of this if it plays out that way.

Don't worry about raining on the parade. But, I disagree with you about the passing game. It definitely needed improvement from the end of last year, but I think it's there.

First, it was the 1st year in a new system and the 1st several games we were discovering the running game and hadn't really gotten into a good rhythm with the passing game - it was coming along and the Denver game showed it.

Second, after the Denver game, we lost both starting WR's and our starting QB. Ask the Raiders what their season would have been like if the same had happened to them. Or the Bucs. Or any team. Had Ray Lucas been a decent quality backup, it would have been very different.

The rest of the year, consider: One, Chambers was never the same. He dropped a critical pass in the NE game. And, he just didn't show up much. Gadsden was gone for the year. Fiedler never got his rhythm and timing back. He was forced into the Bills game before he was ready, in a massive blizzard. He didn't have the same WR's as when the year started. I think the passing game takes a lot of timing and awareness and great WR play. I also think Fiedler is a slow starter. He showed that the last two training camps - looking awful early on, then coming around. That hurt him coming back - he never really did get back to pre-injury form.

This year? I think McKnight will be better. Thompson didn't get the PT at Washington, nor the QB play, that would have yielded him 70+ catches. He will be very solid and is just now coming round as WR. It usually takes 3-4 years for a WR to be effective (see Keyshawn, T. Brown, Moulds, etc.). So, Chambers and Thompson are about at that stage. McMichael should be improved and not fade away, so too, Donald Lee will add some depth. While I don't expect a lot out of rookie WR's, I think Tolver will contribute solidly as a # 4 WR. He could easily be a steal. I like him.

I know we can get overly optimistic, but I think we've made some good pickups, so far. The next key will be Griese, as last year proved you have to have 2 starting calibre QB's if you want to go all the way in this league. Knight will be icing on the cake if we get him as well.

The big X factor, however, is ALWAYS injuries. That almost invariable determines the season. If Zach and JT go down; if RW goes down; if the OL gets too banged up at key spots; if Surtain goes down - any of those could make it a long, long year. Unfortunately, you have to expect 2-4 players to be out for the year in camp and early on and then expect 2-4 starters to be hobbled during the year. That's the nature of the game. So, it all depends on where and when those injuries occur and how well the backups step up - last year, Ray didn't. Ward didn't. Dixon and Nails did (when Smith and Spriggs went down) - but, I think they would have been the starters anyway.

So in summary I guess we can say...

Bills=Cellar Dwellars

Right?

I mean they finsished dead last. Anymore questions Cow Pies?

So long since the fish beat the bills eh, we swept you the 2 years prior to 2002 and lets get one thing straight, we would haave beat if Jay was there for teh first game. Your offense musters 7 points total without turnovers. As far as the Bills offseason goes, yeah it was good, no doubt, but considering they needed everythig under the sun AND the moon it wasn't enough, funny the experts have said that the bills have had a great offseason, but still may be the 4th bets team in the division. Yep you are the feared team. The Pats? still hav e no run game, Colvin is a great pass rusher Harrison is a good safety. Warren is solid pick but he aint the next Sapp. Their major weaknesses last year were rushing offense and rushing defense and they have not really addressed both those areas outside of Warren. Oh they are switching to a 3-4 defense, cool that means the 3 Lbs that were on the field last year that couldn't stop the run will be on the field again, along with a very good pass rush LB who is an avg run defender. Oh but wait they picked up a safety to stop the run, Let see Ricky vs Harrison? hmmmm, I'll take Ricky.

Back
Top Bottom