Open apology to the dolphin front office | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Open apology to the dolphin front office

I dont think anyone was really questioning Dave about his offseason moves. Last year he had 7 pro bowlers, and the NFL leading sacker, rusher, and the 2nd DB in ints. My concewrn with the coaching staff, with the exception of the Fletcher pick, is can they take advantage of this talent? They haven't yet, so untill they prove me wrong on the feild I will make no apology to Dave.

Well said Dajesus.

Like Don Merideth once said:

"You know what potential means don't you? It means you haven't done anything yet."

Originally posted by fin-atic
Well said Dajesus.

Like Don Merideth once said:

"You know what potential means don't you? It means you haven't done anything yet."

What's with all the quotes from semi famous ppl?

Oliver...

Originally posted by fin-atic
So in summary I guess we can say...

Bills=Cellar Dwellars

Right?

I mean they finsished dead last. Anymore questions Cow Pies?

how does it feel to get swept by cellar dwellers that were in the middle of rebuilding?

ouch..

if you could have just pulled out ONE win against that horrible bills team, you would have been able to get to the playoffs.. only to get knocked out in week one.

Originally posted by rickeyrunsover

1. lets get one thing straight, we would have beat if Jay was there for the first game.

2. funny the experts have said that the bills have had a great offseason, but still may be the 4th bets team in the division.

1. **COUGHexcusesCOUGH** :lol:

2. and these are the same "experts" that picked St. Louis to win the superbowl last year, picked miami to win the division, and also the same "experts" that said you guys had one of the worst drafts in the nfl... which of coarse you dont want to listen too.. unless it goes along with your homer idealism, huh?

Originally posted by Dajesus
I dont think anyone was really questioning Dave about his offseason moves. Last year he had 7 pro bowlers, and the NFL leading sacker, rusher, and the 2nd DB in ints. My concewrn with the coaching staff, with the exception of the Fletcher pick, is can they take advantage of this talent? They haven't yet, so untill they prove me wrong on the feild I will make no apology to Dave.

Then you missed the point of this thread..most thought that Miami had a bad off season..but even you adknowledge that the FO is amassing talent...for that you should apologized..

Now as for coaching you should start a new thread..and fin you're in the same boat...we're talking talent in this thread..not coaching..as for your famous..that's the same with every team..good offseason or not..what ever they've done won't be able to be evaluated until the season starts..So until the season starts..all the conversation about good and bad offseason is mute and just talk..let the season be the judge..as everyone has pointed out the so called experts haven't been able to call the right shots and we definetly don't know..This is really a stupid argument to try and judge sometime like this..the only way to judge somewhat accurately is if a team does absolutely nothing from one season to the next. Then you kind of know what they have..but when a team has added as much as Miami or the other AFCE teams..We really have no Idea what kind of teams they have.. ....But it is great to speculate,,isn't it.. :yell:

I'm not praising anything until they get us over the hump and we see what these players really can do.

We haven't even seen them play in pads yet. I wanna see how they perform in our scheme and if they actually make plays. I've seen alot of workout wonders who don't do crap on a football field.

All about heart and toughness, hope we found some guys like that.

Originally posted by Phinstd
I'm not praising anything until they get us over the hump and we see what these players really can do.

We haven't even seen them play in pads yet. I wanna see how they perform in our scheme and if they actually make plays. I've seen alot of workout wonders who don't do crap on a football field.

All about heart and toughness, hope we found some guys like that.

Exactly...But we need to be patient..

Remember this from 1998 draft:

Miami Dolphins. Although many will criticize running back John Avery in the first round, the Dolphins had good inside information that Avery was so hot that somebody would grab him early in Round 2, so they nabbed him at No. 29. They then picked one of the best unknown cornerbacks in this draft, Patrick Surtain, in Round 2 and followed it up with several Jimmy Johnson-type picks in the middle rounds. All of the Dolphins selections are athletic, young guys who can run. Nobody works the middle of the draft better than Johnson and Bob Ackles. This is a deep group that will continue to provide depth and athleticism to the improving Dolphins.

Sounds like a Eddie Moore type pick.

Oh by the way, the rest of that draft:

Draft Analysis: Miami Dolphins

Click here for more on this story
Posted: Monday June 08, 1998 12:49 AM

John Avery
1st round, 29th overall
Running back, Mississippi
Comments: May have been a bit of a reach in first round, but Dolphins get their man. Not sure he can be every-down guy, but can go the distance any time he touches the ball. Needs to improve overall receiving skills out of the backfield. Will compete for starting spot in crowded backfield ... also excellent return guy.

Patrick Surtain
2nd round, 44th overall
Cornerback, Southern Mississippi
Comments: Rated high on most NFL draft boards. Has excellent size, and better than average man-to-man cover skills. Not flashy, but gets the job done. Will battle 1996 rookie Sam Madison for starting right cornerback spot.

Kenny Mixon
2nd round, 49th overall
Defensive end, Louisiana State
Comments: Had some off-field and injury problems at LSU. Underachieves at times, so expect Johnson to ride him hard. A lot of holes here at defensive end, may be counted on to start as a rookie.

Brad Jackson
3rd round, 79th overall
Linebacker, Cincinnati
Comments: Somewhat undersized but very athletic with a lot of range ... Jimmy Johnson-type guy that can run and should be excellent on special teams ... has strong basketball background and could develop into pass coverage nickel-type outside linebacker ... he will make his living early in career as backup linebacker and special-teams performer.

Larry Shannon
3rd round, 82nd overall
Receiver, East Carolina
Comments: Big target with excellent speed and leaping ability. Had mediocre senior season due to ankle problems. Dolphins need him to become big-play guy. Needs to become a lot tougher at NFL level.

Lorenzo Brommel
4th round, 102nd overall
Defensive end, Clemson
Comments: A developmental project but certainly an interesting one ... excellent edge rusher with good intensity ... could develop into excellent NFL nickel pass rusher, not what you want as a run blocker but has ability to improve ... developmental guy that could be a great middle-round pick at a position of need.

Scott Shaw
5th round, 143rd overall
Guard, Michigan State
Comments: Slow-footed guard who fell in the NFL draft. His feet are only average, and he needs to become a better position guy. Not good enough to start as a rookie.

Nathan Strikwerda
6th round, 171st overall
Center, Northwestern
Comments: Not a typical Dolphin pick, but he is a very smart player that does not make mistakes and could fit in nicely as a backup center or possible guard ... needs to get stronger and more explosive but he is a solid position-type player ... could be stable backup.

John Dutton
6th round, 172nd overall
Quarterback, Nevada
Comments: Will compete with Stan White and Damon Huard for the No. 3 quarterback spot. Has enough talent to be the heir apparent to Marino, but it will take some time. Has a lot of raw skills but needs to improve his overall mechanics.

Jim Bundren
7th round, 210th overall
Guard, Clemson
Comments: Will add depth to offensive line -- big, strong physical guy that played tackle in college but lack of athletic ability will move him to guard on NFL level ... solid lock-on guy that should stick as backup guard.

How many left from this draft..and everybody said Jimmy was a genius in the middle rounds...Well the football season tells the truth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Tatonka

1. **COUGHexcusesCOUGH** :lol:

2. and these are the same "experts" that picked St. Louis to win the superbowl last year, picked miami to win the division, and also the same "experts" that said you guys had one of the worst drafts in the nfl... which of coarse you dont want to listen too.. unless it goes along with your homer idealism, huh?
:nana:

Back
Top Bottom