OPINION NO LINK-Team will not ask Daunte...... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OPINION NO LINK-Team will not ask Daunte......

Well...he did throw that one touchdown against Buffalo when Miami was losing at home 16-0 in the 4th quarter. And then he threw one against the mighty Texans defense when trailing by 8 in the 4th quarter. Oh yeah, he threw a touchdown to Joey Porter as well in the 4th quarter.

I stand corrected. Perhaps we should petition the HOF for early induction. Do you want to form the parade committe with me?

Respect DC? What for? What has he done for us to EARN respect.

There are some things you need to earn in life. Respect is one of them. It is not a birthright.

He did throw that TD ag Buffalo....that was only completed because Chambers made an amazing leap.

i was being sarcatsic rocky , dont you guys remember when wanny was fired they didnt want to hire saban and they didnt want wanny to be fired. short memories i supose but i get scared when the inmates start running the asylum . i have no problem with zach and jason giving their input but i cant help but to be a little aprehensive right now i am still in shock at how far out franchise has fallen. let the good ole days return and soon.

I hear ya regarding the return to greatness. On the original subject fans are reading too much into this. In the real world of Pro Football it happens more than you think when the FO simply asks for informal input from established pro bolwers and leaders (one maybe both of them destined to go to Canton)who figuratively are the heart and sold of the team. In no way this means that their making any type of decision whatsoever.

As far as perception of how far the organization is fallen I think the extent of it is being exaggerated a bit especially in national media or media outlets outside Dolphins Territory. For instance, listening to local sports radio up here in the ATL a few local Falcons or transplanted who ever the heck they support bandwagon fans made comments about how Chan Gailey could be a good fit for Dolphins (like they know what they are talking about). Then they go on to blast Wayne H and the Dolphins organization as looking like morons soliciting for advice starting with Wayne's conference call and taking as long as the pathetic Cards to make a decision. Not that we should really care what non-Dolphins fans in other areas think of couse. But interesting of course that as our coaching search unfolds and then certain names are leaked out the Fin haters come out to make their assertions and opinions sound like universal fact.

The bottom line is, it doesn't mean a hill of beans. They ask the opinion of the two players that most fringe Dolphins fans have heard of and then they publicize that they asked them. That's simply to keep the fan base, show those two guys that draw the most fans that they do care about their opinion.

If anyone thinks that they hire a coach based on how two players feel, God help us. We won't win again if two players have that much say in who we hire. Peyton loves Dungy, look how far that's gotten them. Parcells brings Bledsoe and Glen with him wherever he goes, that's been a winning combo. Come on. It doesn't matter whose opinion they ask for, what matters is that we see they've asked JT and ZT opinion.

Furthermore, Daunte doesn't seem to be the most intelligent guy out there. I doubt whether he'd have much of an opinion other than who he likes as a person and doesn't like and even that may be a stretch for him.

The bottom line is, it doesn't mean a hill of beans. They ask the opinion of the two players that most fringe Dolphins fans have heard of and then they publicize that they asked them. That's simply to keep the fan base, show those two guys that draw the most fans that they do care about their opinion.

If anyone thinks that they hire a coach based on how two players feel, God help us. We won't win again if two players have that much say in who we hire. Peyton loves Dungy, look how far that's gotten them. Parcells brings Bledsoe and Glen with him wherever he goes, that's been a winning combo. Come on. It doesn't matter whose opinion they ask for, what matters is that we see they've asked JT and ZT opinion.

Furthermore, Daunte doesn't seem to be the most intelligent guy out there. I doubt whether he'd have much of an opinion other than who he likes as a person and doesn't like and even that may be a stretch for him.
Ah, I missed these type of threads. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom