Oppurtunity to get Mathis without trade? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oppurtunity to get Mathis without trade?

Coach_Rob

Club Member
Reaction score
CSN Philly's Geoff Mosher reports the Eagles may release LG Evan Mathis if they can't trade him.
PFF's No. 1 guard in 2013 and No. 2 guard last season, we're not sure why the Eagles are so inclined to get rid of Mathis. The Eagles are between $7-8 million under the cap, so they're not desperate for money. Shedding the 33-year-old would save $4.5 million. At 6'5/298, Mathis is an athletic guard and would ideally land in another zone-blocking scheme. Mathis could probably be had for a fifth-round pick. The Rams and Dolphins were linked to him earlier this month.
http://www.csnphilly.com/football-p...ld-release-evan-mathis-if-they-cant-trade-him

May come together perfectly. fingers crossed

Just give the 5th we got for Wallace for him. Wouldn't even let him hit the open market. We won't get a guard nearly as good as him in the 5th.

But he does probabaly only have 2-3 yrs left

****, if that's the case I'd offer a 7th for him just to lock him up.

Done deal. :lol:

the way it sounds we probably wouldn't even be interested if he is released, given the way we've ignored the position.

yea I would either send the fifth rounder we got for Wallace or a later round. Philly is probly trying to stick to their guns in asking for jordan

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

the way it sounds we probably wouldn't even be interested if he is released, given the way we've ignored the position.

we do have Dallas Thomas!!! so we are good...........:hysterikill:

These reports are getting less and less reliable. This is a BAAAAAAD offseason so far for journalistic integrity, or what's left of it after JLC used it as toilet paper.

Would be shocked if He was released. This is the Eagles looking for a 5th and trying to start trade talks. These reporters are puppets

I don't think its the pick that matters to the FO…its the money…and I wholeheartedly disagree if thats the case.

I think he gets a bigger deal on the open market. Rather just get him locked up without competition if possible. Sure you could give him more GTD money on an extension and lower his cap hit.

I wouldn't send no picks. If released and he wants to play somewhere else than let him. How much do we have left to sign the rookie class? Strke a fair deal or we won't blink.

****, if that's the case I'd offer a 7th for him just to lock him up.

Done deal. :lol:

we dont have a 7th to give up this year.

i think it has more to do with his salary & our cap that we that we wont get him unless he takes a pay cut for that no state tax & weather.

Would be a great pick up. I'm really starting to get nervous about the mysterious disregard of our OL holes this offseason. REALLY hope this staff isn't happy with what we have now.

Mathis is old. I would like the guy but I don't have faith he will stay healthy.

I think this may not happen before the draft, despite Philly wanting it to happen before the draft.

Mathis is old. I would like the guy but I don't have faith he will stay healthy.

I think this may not happen before the draft, despite Philly wanting it to happen before the draft.

Curious what his injury history is like. I have not a clue.

I realize he's old and a stop gap for a 2 years or so, but thats better than Tannehill taking a season ending shot thanks to Dallas Thomas. Gives us more time to find a long term option

Back
Top Bottom