Oppurtunity to get Mathis without trade? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oppurtunity to get Mathis without trade?

I really don't know what they have planed for the oline. They need to beef it up more. If they think were set then I would be shocked.

Something fishy is going on here. Why would Philly want to " give away" an asset?

we dont have a 7th to give up this year.

i think it has more to do with his salary & our cap that we that we wont get him unless he takes a pay cut for that no state tax & weather.

:lol: @ self

Ok, we'll make it a 7th next year. ;)

Whats a 34 yr old guard going to make on the open market where only 2 teams inquired about'em? This played right into our hands.. Another GM would have jumped and threw high picks like a rookie...

Please do not trade any more draft picks. Especially for a 33 year old guard. They will fill the guard spot somehow, but I hope it is not by giving up another draft pick in this year's draft for an older player with a big contract. I have had enough with throwing big money at the offensive line. I want them to find and develop some young cheap talent at the guard spots. Like they are doing with Billy Turner. I believe that is the best way to handle the "lesser" important positions (guards) on the offensive line with this team pushing closer to the salary cap.

HE is potentially being released because of money...if the Phins were to sign him, it would be rather pricey....

Phillip Wheeler as a June 1st cut covers the draft class.

Not quite. He only gives us around 2.8 million in relief after June 1st . . .we are gonna need close to 5 million to in space to cover the year 1 cap hits. Plus you want to keep around 5 million in space heading into the season for injury fill ins. I'd imagine they would love to roll some space over as well to help with some of the Suh contract and that Tannehill 16 million guarantee.

We've got some room . . . . but I honestly think Miami has a pretty heavy interest in rolling over some space to next season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Need to spend on a guard, come game 2 when Tannehill is knocked on his azz inside a split second as D Thomas is bowled over nobody will care about the extra few mil. I just want to save our limited picks if at all possible.

When you have a limited market you only take what you can get.. I highly doubt someone is going to be fighting over his services..

The fact that we never address the OL like we should is infuriating. It bites us in the A** every year. I am amazed about the progression of Tanny when he is the most sacked QB over the last 3 years. People need to start replicating what Dallas has done with there OL.

The fact that we never address the OL like we should is infuriating. It bites us in the A** every year. I am amazed about the progression of Tanny when he is the most sacked QB over the last 3 years. People need to start replicating what Dallas has done with there OL.

Never address the oline like we should?

We made Mike Pouncey the highest drafted Center of all time. Spent a #1 overall on Jake Long. In the last 3 years, we made Branden Albert a top 5 paid LT and drafted 4 guys in the first 3 rounds of the last 3 drafts.

I'm sorry, that is addressing the oline . . . . . hell, we've over addressed . . . . there aren't any teams out there that spend top money on every position and draft some many high end resources on the line.

At some point, either the scheme or the coaches have to be the failures . . . . but the idea that we haven't properly addressed the line, IMO, is a fictitious one.

Something fishy is going on here. Why would Philly want to " give away" an asset?

hell man they traded some very good players for a bunch of players with injury issues. who the hell knows what chip is thinking. mathis has graded out as a top 3 guard the last two years

Whats a 34 yr old guard going to make on the open market where only 2 teams inquired about'em? This played right into our hands.. Another GM would have jumped and threw high picks like a rookie...

if this was the plan and the Dolphins land him on FA, it was brilliant :lol:

Back
Top Bottom