Oppurtunity to get Mathis without trade? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oppurtunity to get Mathis without trade?

i'd like to see us snag em. especially if it only comes for a 5th....what's his salary this year?

LG Evan Mathis isn't generating much trade interest at the NFL owners' meetings.

Now that it's common knowledge the Eagles will cut Mathis if they can't find a trade partner, teams are simply waiting for Philadelphia to release him. It's surprising the run-first Eagles have neglected their offensive line this offseason. First they cut Todd Herremans and now it appears they're willing to part with Mathis, who graded out as the second-best guard in the league in Pro Football Focus' 2014 rankings. The Eagles should be focusing on their line more than ever with injury-prone Sam Bradford under center. rotoworld

If we end up with Mathis I'd have to tip my hat to this front office and for the first time in god knows how many years feel we've finally got people who know what they are doing and are on a different level with insight that puts our perspective as what it is amateur

i'd like to see us snag em. especially if it only comes for a 5th....what's his salary this year?

I think we'd only be responsible for 4.5 million....this makes too much sense to happen.

I'm all for young players stepping up....and not hampering their growth....but Dallas Thomas is a waste of time.

LG Evan Mathis isn't generating much trade interest at the NFL owners' meetings.

Now that it's common knowledge the Eagles will cut Mathis if they can't find a trade partner, teams are simply waiting for Philadelphia to release him. It's surprising the run-first Eagles have neglected their offensive line this offseason. First they cut Todd Herremans and now it appears they're willing to part with Mathis, who graded out as the second-best guard in the league in Pro Football Focus' 2014 rankings. The Eagles should be focusing on their line more than ever with injury-prone Sam Bradford under center. rotoworld

Mathis is going to get cut. Miami needs to make him priority #1. Forget Crabtree and Jennings for now. SIGN MATHIS!

Why not send them a 7th? Instead he'll be a free agent and then he'll cost more once the bidding starts

Ozzy rules!!

Don't worry about the draft class. Their cap hits aren't much of anything now under this current CBA. 2 to 3 mil will cover them.

If we wanted Mathis, we would have traded for him. The FO ultimately backed off probably because Philbin has convinced them the Fins are ok with Dallas Thomas. I wouldn't count on the Fins being in the market for Mathis if/when he's cut. For only a 5th round pick, if the Fins wanted him, they'd have him already.

As others have already said, this FO is interested in rolling some cap over to next season to cover their asses. Now if they think they can sign Mathis AND still have cap to roll over to next season then I think they would do that. It just depends on compensation.

5th round picks rarely become starters (the stats don't lie). Getting a legit starter, even if it's for 1-2 years in a trade for that pick is stealing. I think we'd be fools to let this slip away.

They should just cut him. No one trades for players about to be cut... except for the Jets

Mathis will betray you and you'll wind up tied up in a bottomless chair getting your nuts slammed by a guy with a bloody eye.

http://overthecap.com/player/dion-jordan/2184/

IF we trade Jordan, we get hit with $6.6M in dead money, $1M more than if we keep him. This is the total of the 2 years left on his signing bonus. Philly would pick up his guaranteed salary and roster bonuses, Everything on his deal is guaranteed.

There is no salary trade off. So, we save nothing, have to take an extra $1M hit, and pay Mathis $5.5M. No way is that happening.

I can't even see us just paying Mathis's salary alone.

No need to trade anything. Mathis is getting cut. Just need to find out how to pay him.

Back
Top Bottom