Optimism: a better currency | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Optimism: a better currency

I have no idea if McDaniel will succeed or not, but I do find the reasons presented by many here as reasonable reasons to be hopeful. On the other hand, I find the reasons presented as to why he will fail as ridiculously stupid. If McDaniel fails it will not be for any of those reasons. It would most likely be b/c it's a really difficult job that most fail at.

I also find that being around negative people is draining and no fun. The people who come on this site and constantly complain seem to have no other purpose than to try to bring misery. They may claim to be just "speaking the truth" or some other inaccurate nonsense, but in reality they are just horrible people to interact with. I tend to leave the site from time to time and it's almost always just to avoid the negative conversations.

No worries brother

This is a positive thread and any thing else will be deleted

I wonder what people's optimism readings were after the 1-15 cam Cameron season. New coach and a 11-5 record, what a wild ride. I like to take it one season at a time and remain optimistic!

Few things he can do to stoke optimism and trust as our HC of the future:

- Hire a respectable, experienced, proven staff.
- Display a grasp of clock management and up-tempo to control game flow.
- Be a challenge beast.
- Throw in some plays that take advantage of little known rules, at crucial times.

Possibly most important, produce fundamental, disciplined football.

That’s what I’ll be looking for anyway. Primarily the first 3. If he doesn’t show it early and often, at least show a tendency to improve on it and adjust on the fly. Those first 3 points have been lacking around here for some time.

And win! But even if he doesn’t have a ton of initial wins, as long as he’s showing/improving on these things, I’m behind him 100%.

Sometimes it seems as there are battle lines drawn here at Finheaven; those of us who can look beyond the past and hope for a bright future, vs. those of us who believe that we are doomed to forever suffer from what we've done before.

So... it seems to me that the signing of a young, evidently bright, new head coach, combined with a young roster, and the largest amount of cap space in the NFL should provoke even the most obstinate of evil clowns to see that maybe, just maybe there is a reason for some optimism here. I mean... we've done what so many have requested-- we've hired an offensive minded coach and we definitely have the means/interest in signing the free agent linemen for which so many have thrown tantrums for us to sign.

Things might not be so bright that we gotta wear shades, but things do seem to be looking up. Flores was a tough, no-nonsense sort of guy and he did manage to get us to play a bit smarter, but he cast a pall over the team-- seemingly getting into personality conflicts with at least a couple of players and/or coaches each year. That really isn't leadership, and modern players don't generally react well to John Wayne or General Patton type leadership.

Look around the league and you'll see that the teams with a more youthful outlook are generally doing better-- winning more games, going farther in the postseason. The grumpy dictator type leadership just doesn't play well with this generation's players, and Nerdy McD might be JUST the guy to actually engender some passion and loyalty from these players.

I hope so, but then again... I'm an optimist.
Great post. Thank you.

Nice post. Well I'm grabbing my popcorn and looking forward to seeing in what direction McDaniel will take our team. Hes got a clean slate and some very decent cap space to play with.

I've always been a glass half full kind of guy. Some folks lack the temperament to be optimistic. They see the world through a negative point of view. They seem to not want to change so I'm not twisting anyone's arm here. My concern was after the huge noise with Flores and his law suit, that McD would beg off and stay put in SF. I give the guy credit for walking into a pretty big mess with a smile on his face. Forget the recent past and the distant past because this is truly a brand new day in Miami. Tua, imo, will play much more like the guy we expected when we took him at #5. McD is the answer to a prayer from Tua. Flores became Tua's enemy!! How did things get some Fuked up? Flo is thankfully out and we have a brilliant offensive guy who absolutely knows what he's doing. He will make a strong hire for DC and it will be interesting to see if he is calling the plays. He is probably the one guy that can actually fix our running game. McD is breath of fresh air and certainly optimism for the Dolphins going forward.

If we can keep the defense at a high level and gives the keys to the offense to McD we just might be ok.

It's crazy how negative some peeps are on this site. I literally had some yahoo arguing with me in another thread implying that because Gase, Philbin and Flores didn't work out, McDaniels won't either. Making absolutely no logical sense whatsoever. Just a loser mentality from someone that's likely a loser.

Show me? How can I be optimistic?
Kevin Colbert is retiring this year as a GM of the Steelers after 20+ players. During that time they were competitive every year, they won two superbowls, had stability, Tomlin who also headed for Canton, HoF QB.
We are no where near with Grier and Ross since he took over 14 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom