Orange Jerseys (merged) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Orange Jerseys (merged)

The Navy doesn't just accent the Dolphin's fin, it's pretty much most of the side of it's body on the helmet.

There's also navy stripes on the helmet, and on the side of the pants leg, as well as the shadow of the numbers on the jersey.

That's a whole helluva lot of navy to just be considered an "accent".

I live in New Orleans now, but one of my wife's friends went to space and ran into OJ McDuffie. She took a picture of him and I noticed one of the guys happened to have on a Zach Thomas Jersey....in ORANGE! This was about 6-8 weeks ago. Picture was from the back but couldn't be Zach cuz the guy was black.

Thought it was interesting. I for one, searched everywhere to pick one up when I was down there 2 weeks ago but couldn't find one (so where did this guy get his from?). I don't have a scanner but maybe after work I'll take a picture of it and submit it (haven't done that here, so not sure what to do, any help with that?)

I think the bright orange against white will look great.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Dolfan02

Dude get some fashion tips from anyone (except the queer eye guys), the aqua on aqua was killer, and many people thought the same, they looked fresh. I wish we'd bust out with those on the opener. Its a new era, solid on solid is the new thing, look at the bills, bears, seahawks. Even the eagles, jets, cardinals, jags, falcons, titans, and bucs threw on solid on solid in at least one game last season.

The aqua on aqua looked as lame on us as the Seahawks uni looks on them. Makes the Phins look like an Arena or XFL team. Very cheesy. As for the Orange jerseys, shots from the Goodyear blimp are going to make Joe Robbie Stadium look like I-95 with a bunch of traffic cones set up on it. Stick to what works...White on Aqua or White on White.

I like the aqua on aqua i think those are the best ones i have seen yet can t wait to see the new orange jerseys

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
I'm getting the impression that younger fans tend to favor the flashier look of the aqua on aqua and orange on whatever. Anyone disagree?

No not necessarily, I like the Aqua on aqua and I'm over the hill!

I like the aqua because it is our main color and always has been.
It's unique. The Orange Jersey.... especially with navy blue taking over.... don't like the concept at all. Sounds like were trying to turn into the Broncos. Almost seems like they are trying to slowly switch out the aqua completely to navy blue. I'd hate that. Half the teams in the league have navy blue as their color for criminy's sake.

Originally posted by unclemonty
YES DOLFAN NAVY IS ONE OF OUR OFFICIAL COLORS, has been.

Navy hasn't always been. Added recently actually. I think 98 or 99.

Originally posted by MarinoFan4Life
It was so much easier when it was just aqua and coral.... Navy is like a trim color... shouldn't be worn as a base color for jerseys... I think it's ugly... the Aqua and Coral are tropical and fit for a team called the DOLPHINS

Couldn't sum it up any better....

It's good to know someone thinks you're still young at 29 :)

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Aqua on aqua looked like crap. You can't wear all of the same color unless you wear white.

I think the orange jersey will be cool if we wear it with white pants. If we wear it with aqua pants, it will look bad.

Please man Aqua on Aqua was the freshest, tightest thing we wore last year. It was off the chain. IMO, it was the hottest looking jersey besides the Chargers Baby Blue Throw Back.

NAVY BECAME AN OFFICIAL TEAM COLOR IN 1997 when we changed our logo, I know where it says this, but do not know how to post a link
How do I do this????

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
I'm getting the impression that younger fans tend to favor the flashier look of the aqua on aqua and orange on whatever. Anyone disagree?

Me! I'm young and I thought aqua on aqua sucked. I do think the orange will look good, but you can't say for sure until you actually see the team wearing it on the field!

Originally posted by Prime Time

Please man Aqua on Aqua was the freshest, tightest thing we wore last year. It was off the chain. IMO, it was the hottest looking jersey besides the Chargers Baby Blue Throw Back.

Sorry man...made us look like a bush league Arena team in my opinion. The solid color uni's just look "pimpish" to me. Like they were designed by Deion Sanders or something.

Back
Top Bottom