19. Penn State 0-0 406
20. Oregon 0-0 373
21. TCU 0-0 270
22. Nebraska 0-0 261
23. Tennessee 0-0 216
24. Alabama 0-0 210
25. Texas Tech 0-0 198
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

Same thing happens every year. FSU is ahead of Miami. Even when we beat 'em 6 years straight, they were ahead in the next year's poll.:mad: At least UF is ahead of them.

Jaydog57 said:
Same thing happens every year. FSU is ahead of Miami. Even when we beat 'em 6 years straight, they were ahead in the next year's poll.:mad: At least UF is ahead of them.
UF being higher is a surprise, a lot of time they do not get the initial rankings until they beat UT. However, it seems FSU is ALWAYS high in the preseason polls. Just seems everyone loves Bowden. :shakeno:

Oboy said:
UF being higher is a surprise, a lot of time they do not get the initial rankings until they beat UT. However, it seems FSU is ALWAYS high in the preseason polls. Just seems everyone loves Bowden. :shakeno:

:blah:

Just around where I suspected LSU would be.

...People are going to be shocked by USC this year. No Reggie anymore, but John David Booty's arm puts Matt Leinart's to shame.
It's not even funny.
I played against him in high school.

DonShula84 said:
Bet people want to rethink that Oklahoma ranking

:yes: They still have a gravy schedule though.

Pre season polls are about as useful as sand in your shorts.They should do away with them.Polls shouldnt even be used until atleast the 3rd or 4th week is over.

I really don't understand how a team can lose 9 starters on defense, their best reciever and two of their best lineman and still be the number 1 team, but that could just be my usual ohio state hatred.

UF Fin Kat said:
west virginia should be ahead of auburn and oklahoma.

WVU at #5 would be nice.
Finished 2005 ranked #5 or #6 depending on what poll you look at. AP had us at #5. We lost basically 2 DBs, and both OT. Offense should be even better this year with the experience the players have gained. Defensive secondary is a question mark right now, if we get better play there we will a very good team overall.

I am ok with #7 though really. I know that WVU will not get alot of respect and we have to earn that. I am really happy with the good character guys we have on the team now, few idiots in the locker room killed our 2004 season.

I am really pumped for this season and watching our Offense run all over opposing teams. The show starts Sep 2nd, get yer popcorn ready.
:goof:

ZolarZ_GoPhins said:
WVU at #5 would be nice.
Finished 2005 ranked #5 or #6 depending on what poll you look at. AP had us at #5. We lost basically 2 DBs, and both OT. Offense should be even better this year with the experience the players have gained. Defensive secondary is a question mark right now, if we get better play there we will a very good team overall.

I am ok with #7 though really. I know that WVU will not get alot of respect and we have to earn that. I am really happy with the good character guys we have on the team now, few idiots in the locker room killed our 2004 season.

I am really pumped for this season and watching our Offense run all over opposing teams. The show starts Sep 2nd, get yer popcorn ready.
:goof:

Running all over the big east is quite an accomplishment :rolleyes:

Sorry I dont think WVU belongs in the top 10 at all. (Nor do I think OSU and Texas should be 1 and 2)

Alex44 said:
Running all over the big east is quite an accomplishment :rolleyes:

Sorry I dont think WVU belongs in the top 10 at all. (Nor do I think OSU and Texas should be 1 and 2)

I think OhioState has a very good Offense returning this year. They lost alot on D but seem to be solid in that area every year. ND and WVU are probably returning the most starters from last year for top 10 teams and it shows with the rankings.

I will admit I don't know much about the Texas team this year but comming off a NC they did earn the respect to be ranked high but would like to know what folks think of this years team. Same with USC, top program but did lose alot this year. Should be able to tell early if Texas is really a top 5 team playing OhioState week 2, USC I don't think really gets challenged till november.

Personally I have no problem with OhioState at #1
WVU is also deserving of a top 10 ranking. They have the majority of the team returning that beat Georgia in the Sugar Bowl. Just because they play in the BigEast isn't a reason not to rank them in the top 10. No matter what your opinions of the BigEast in general are, WVU is a top program in the country this year.

Canes at 11 seems just right, but polls like somebody else said are extremely useless right now, and shouldn't be used until after everbody has played atleast 3 games.

Back
Top Bottom