Our beautiful throwbacks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our beautiful throwbacks

I always thought of our logo as up there with the Cowboys, Steelers, GB iconic logos you wouldn’t tinker with just because. Luckily there’s still a lot of cool retro gear available at Mitchell and Ness and some others

FINS TF UP 🐬

Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

No surprise.

Ross is a POS. Not looking forward to Karen Ross taking over either. Hopefully she sells fast.

Dan basically said Ross prefers his judgement and doesn't want to get embarrassed by bowing down to the fans by backtracking and going with the throwbacks permanently. Another reason to dislike that 'owner'. Just shows he's got zero connection with fanbase and he's in it for the $$$

Unfortunately not going to happen for a while because people are buying the current logo merch and the throwbacks as well. Thats big for revenue.

I’m in favor of it myself, but I actually like our current unis. They’re not as nice as the throwbacks, but better than anything in between then and now, IMO.

We should wear aqua on aqua more often late season when it’s not hot as hell.
I don’t think it’s a revenue thing. More people would buy the throwback merchandise and they can always add an orange or gray jersey. It’s the greatest uniform in sports. They are missing an opportunity

I don’t think it’s a revenue thing. More people would buy the throwback merchandise and they can always add an orange or gray jersey. It’s the greatest uniform in sports. They are missing an opportunity

It's a revenue thing. There is nothing stopping anybody from buying throwback stuff. It is readily available. Additionally, there is nothing to prevent folks from buying current logo merchandise. There are no missed opportunities here. There are two separate logos/revenue streams. If they get rid of the current logo, they kill a revenue stream. People will always buy throwbacks and what is latest. Once the latest becomes obsolete (they get rid of it), there will only be one logo to buy. Sales will not automatically double on throwback merchandise. Folks who want the throwback logo will buy it anyhow. Many will also buy stuff with the new logo. John Doe Fan will buy a Hill jersey in the current aqua and a throwback Hill jersey. If they lose the new logo, John Doe Fan will only have to buy one jersey.

I don't like the current logo either. But it won't be going away anytime soon.

Dan basically said Ross prefers his judgement and doesn't want to get embarrassed by bowing down to the fans by backtracking and going with the throwbacks permanently. Another reason to dislike that 'owner'. Just shows he's got zero connection with fanbase and he's in it for the $$$
I posted that from the time the decision was made. Guys like that are scared to admit they were wrong. It's my demographic and not far from my age bracket. Not the same income bracket. But sickening as hell.

The world would be much better off if my demographic were not making major decisions. This is major enough.

I have considerably more admiration for Dan Marino if he wants to restore the great uniforms and drown the motion sickness logo. It doesn't take much. That would be the equivalent of two Super Bowls, albeit not unbeaten.

The tipoff on Stephen Ross was after he changed the theme song. He thought he did the right thing and it would be applauded throughout the fan base. The old song was aged and corny. Then after the third quarter at one home game, the Dolphins decided to harmlessly play the old song. The crowd went nuts. Huge reaction and loudly singing along.

Ross was shocked. This was reported at the time. He turned toward the people sitting next to him and voiced disbelief.

Ross is a victim of paying too much attention. Hearing everything. That's why he changed the song, the logo and the uniforms. He heard the rumblings of a dated logo that was not tough enough so he thought he had to make a subjective decision. Meanwhile as I've emphasized countless times the worst method I saw in Las Vegas was all the guys who watched every game and made decisions accordingly. They had no concept of foundational truths. The Kansas City Chiefs were absurdly devalued late this season because fans and media somehow used recent games to totally overrule all the foundational realities of recent seasons and postseasons.

We need an owner sharp enough to do nothing except watch his investment soar in value.

Haven't bought any team merchandise since the 'new' uniforms came out. I hated them on day 1.

I love throwback weeks just so I don't have to look at the eyesores.

Back
Top Bottom