Our beautiful throwbacks | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our beautiful throwbacks

I posted that from the time the decision was made. Guys like that are scared to admit they were wrong. It's my demographic and not far from my age bracket. Not the same income bracket. But sickening as hell.

The world would be much better off if my demographic were not making major decisions. This is major enough.

I have considerably more admiration for Dan Marino if he wants to restore the great uniforms and drown the motion sickness logo. It doesn't take much. That would be the equivalent of two Super Bowls, albeit not unbeaten.

The tipoff on Stephen Ross was after he changed the theme song. He thought he did the right thing and it would be applauded throughout the fan base. The old song was aged and corny. Then after the third quarter at one home game, the Dolphins decided to harmlessly play the old song. The crowd went nuts. Huge reaction and loudly singing along.

Ross was shocked. This was reported at the time. He turned toward the people sitting next to him and voiced disbelief.

Ross is a victim of paying too much attention. Hearing everything. That's why he changed the song, the logo and the uniforms. He heard the rumblings of a dated logo that was not tough enough so he thought he had to make a subjective decision. Meanwhile as I've emphasized countless times the worst method I saw in Las Vegas was all the guys who watched every game and made decisions accordingly. They had no concept of foundational truths. The Kansas City Chiefs were absurdly devalued late this season because fans and media somehow used recent games to totally overrule all the foundational realities of recent seasons and postseasons.

We need an owner sharp enough to do nothing except watch his investment soar in value.
Jeffreyyyyyyyyyy

Jeffrey Bezos

/burnham

Great W. Beautiful jerseys.

Probably doesn’t deserve it’s own thread but.. Does anybody know when we are able to change our jerseys? I thought I heard something about after this season?

Enough is enough of the new ones. It seems most fans want the ones we wore today, and even non fins fans say it. I’d like to think the organization knows it.

Dan Marino said something that sadly may be way too true.

Dan talked about how great our Uniform used to be, and how much our throwbacks is loved by the fan base, but the new Uniforms is Ross's baby, so he might never change it.

We may need to wait for the next owners to ever have a shot of changing it back.

Last edited:
Dan Marino something that sadly may be way too true.

Dan talked about how great our Uniform used to be, and how much our throwbacks is loved by the fan base, but the new Uniforms is Ross's baby, so he might never change it.

We may need to wait for the next owners to ever have a shot of changing it back.
Yup and from a marketing perspective, why limit yourself if you're the Dolphins? As an example, you have a better chance of selling 2 White Tua jerseys to the same person if one is a throwback and one isn't. Those who want the throwbacks will still buy them even if they aren't the main jerseys. As much as we the fans want this, it's never going to happen.

It's a revenue thing. There is nothing stopping anybody from buying throwback stuff. It is readily available. Additionally, there is nothing to prevent folks from buying current logo merchandise. There are no missed opportunities here. There are two separate logos/revenue streams. If they get rid of the current logo, they kill a revenue stream. People will always buy throwbacks and what is latest. Once the latest becomes obsolete (they get rid of it), there will only be one logo to buy. Sales will not automatically double on throwback merchandise. Folks who want the throwback logo will buy it anyhow. Many will also buy stuff with the new logo. John Doe Fan will buy a Hill jersey in the current aqua and a throwback Hill jersey. If they lose the new logo, John Doe Fan will only have to buy one jersey.

I don't like the current logo either. But it won't be going away anytime soon.
I didn't see this before I responded, but this is spot on.

Interesting that the Jets are going full time to the throwbacks they wore this year. so it can be done!

Everyone thinks are throwbacks are super dope...even opposing players love them. Yet we refuse to switch back to them. Good ****ing move, eh?

Back
Top Bottom