Our chances of winning the AFC East? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our chances of winning the AFC East?

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
What are our chances of winning the AFC East?
I feel really good about the Dolphins this year but the Pats have our number lately

It really comes down to the patriots. Much like the old NFC dominant years of the 80's and early 90's, the next team had to beat "the" team to advance. The Pats are "the" team.

WE still match up well with them, and in doing so, we match up well with the rest of the league. If our 2 weak spots, the O Line and the QB position can handle what BB throws at them, we will be fine.

No giving away games we should win should help as well.

Every fan thinks their team has the head and shoulders andavtage over the competition. You should hear all the BS on the local radio station in Barfalo country. They were predicting a SB appearance last year :roflmao: Bobby Shaw was going to replace perless price without a hesitation, and they now had the "best defense in football" :roflmao: :roflmao: They almost came in behind the Jets who lost most of their team to the Skins and qb to injury in the preseason :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Ocasionally fun to be in Jills country.

dreadlockera said:
Every fan thinks their team has the head and shoulders andavtage over the competition. You should hear all the BS on the local radio station in Barfalo country. They were predicting a SB appearance last year :roflmao: Bobby Shaw was going to replace perless price without a hesitation, and they now had the "best defense in football" :roflmao: :roflmao: They almost came in behind the Jets who lost most of their team to the Skins and qb to injury in the preseason :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Ocasionally fun to be in Jills country.

Marino1983 is that you?!

My gut tells me that it is going to be another close race this year because we have a competitive division. I expect either the Jets or the Bills might not be up to par this year, but I could see two teams make the playoffs this year and one ending up just short of the playoffs.

I really hope that we are the division winners and that it comes with home field advantage or at least a bye. It really is too early to tell, though. Chemistry is very important in football. In fact, I would say it is more important in football than it is in any other sport. We won't know if the 2004 versions of the O, D, and ST come together until they see action.

dreadlockera said:
Every fan thinks their team has the head and shoulders andavtage over the competition. You should hear all the BS on the local radio station in Barfalo country. They were predicting a SB appearance last year :roflmao: Bobby Shaw was going to replace perless price without a hesitation, and they now had the "best defense in football" .
It's a mirror of the finfans saying they were going to the sb last year. Thompson was gonna be great after a breakout year w/ the Cards, RW was gonna lead the NFl in yards. Nails was gonna be back to 2002 form. Fiedler was gonna be back to his form prior to getting injured the year before. 6 probowlers on D. Seau and Griese...... Pot calling the kettle black.

"It really comes down to the patriots. Much like the old NFC dominant years of the 80's and early 90's, the next team had to beat "the" team to advance. The Pats are "the" team."

Way better post.

My odds(coming from a Dolphin fan):

1. New England- 35% Chance
2. Miami- 30% Chance
3. Buffalo- 20% Chance
4. New York Jets- 15% Chance

Winning games in our division and winning on the road has alwys been the key. Our schedule looks good. Our team just has to exicute. I mean there is no reason for losing games like the texan,and pats at home. The key is to continue to win on the road and bring some of that winning home in the sunny heat in december.Dolfanreal69

Justasportsfan said:
It's a mirror of the finfans saying they were going to the sb last year. Thompson was gonna be great after a breakout year w/ the Cards, RW was gonna lead the NFl in yards. Nails was gonna be back to 2002 form. Fiedler was gonna be back to his form prior to getting injured the year before. 6 probowlers on D. Seau and Griese...... Pot calling the kettle black.

"It really comes down to the patriots. Much like the old NFC dominant years of the 80's and early 90's, the next team had to beat "the" team to advance. The Pats are "the" team."

Way better post.

Defensive much????? :lol:

It's way too early too tell. But as of now my bet would be the Dolphins or the Bills. I have a feeling that the Pats will be slammed hard every week and whatever team they play will be playing like it's the Superbowl. Jets are a little weak still on D to contend. Dolphins and Bills both have a lot of questions on O but their D's should win them games.

Justasportsfan said:
Thompson was gonna be great after a breakout year w/ the Cards

I must have missed this season where Thompson played for the Cards. :)

Seriously though, it's obviously too early to tell, but I don't know how you can't pick the Patriots to win the division, at this stage of the game. My prediction right now is Pats, Dolphins maybe a game or two behind, and the Bills and Jets fighting it out for third.

dreadlockera said:
Defensive much????? :lol:
No comeback huh?

Funny how you laugh at those bills fan when in fact finfans were guilty of the same thing. Laughing at bills fans when you were actually laughing at yourself but didn't even know it. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom