Our new offensive line | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our new offensive line

theFreak41

Starter
Reaction score
With the additions of Austin Jackson (6'5" 322), Robert Hunt (6'5" 323), and Solomon Kindley (6'3" 337) in the draft, combined with the free-agent acquisitions of Karras (6'4" 300) and Flowers (6'6" 330), and the very steady Jessie Davis (6'6" 321) we have definitely got a type. So my question is, how do we shuffle them? Do players like Deiter, Calhoun, Davenport, and Isidora have roles?

Personally, I think we keep Davis at Right Tackle, put Hunt at Right Guard, Karras at Center (obviously), Flowers at Left Guard, and Jackson at Left Tackle

LT: Jackson / isidora
Lg: Flowers / Kindley
Cc: Karras / Deiter
Rg: Hunt / Calhoun
RT: Davis / Davenport

Do we have enough depth? Who stands to be cut? Is my lineup feasible, or should we swap Davis and Hunt?

With the additions of Austin Jackson (6'5" 322), Robert Hunt (6'5" 323), and Solomon Kindley (6'3" 337) in the draft, combined with the free-agent acquisitions of Karras (6'4" 300) and Flowers (6'6" 330), and the very steady Jessie Davis (6'6" 321) we have definitely got a type. So my question is, how do we shuffle them? Do players like Deiter, Calhoun, Davenport, and Isidora have roles?

Personally, I think we keep Davis at Right Tackle, put Hunt at Right Guard, Karras at Center (obviously), Flowers at Left Guard, and Jackson at Left Tackle

LT: Jackson / isidora
Lg: Flowers / Kindley
Cc: Karras / Deiter
Rg: Hunt / Calhoun
RT: Davis / Davenport

Do we have enough depth? Who stands to be cut? Is my lineup feasible, or should we swap Davis and Hunt?
Competition baby, competition! Versatility and competition. I love it. Build in the trenches. Secondary has pieces to potentially be exceptional. And we have hope that Tua will be the great QB we have been wishing for for 25 years. (Marino’s prime). But, I am quite pleased with this draft, and free agency period! Go Fins!

If this is our "new" line, then we're going to get Tua killed for certain. Jackson is a 1st rounder, but he's at least a year away. Hunt may never be NFL caliber, IMHO. We're banking on one good year from Flowers, but he looks to be our best returning OL. Davis is probably our most reliable ... wow, that's scary stuff.

I honestly cannot believe we spent a 1st, 2nd, and 4th on OL, and will have zero new starters in 2020, and may not even have improved our OL. It's an absolutely horrible OL draft. I have hope for Jackson, but he's a down-the-road guy. Kindley can play, but he's not dominant, and he's the 4th rounder. Hunt ... I think was a bad pick . Ugh.

While some teams continue to build solid OL, the Miami Dolphins continue to throw draft picks away along the OL.

Flores is going to start the drafted players. Remember, last year he fired the line coach who wanted to play the vets.

If we get training camp this year... day 1 sees Karras, Flowers and 3 rookies. This will be sooo much fun to watch.

Yes, it might be a disaster... but it might be beautiful.

Ahh Fitz will do fine behind that line. Tua and the line will be ready at around the same time. There is no rush on any of this stuff, the 2020 Dolphins and Tua will not be hoisting the Lombardi trophy next February there is plenty of time for this to play out. I think unnecessary impatience is going to be my biggest pet peeve in the next year and I’m going to keep pointing it out :=).

If this is our "new" line, then we're going to get Tua killed for certain. Jackson is a 1st rounder, but he's at least a year away. Hunt may never be NFL caliber, IMHO. We're banking on one good year from Flowers, but he looks to be our best returning OL. Davis is probably our most reliable ... wow, that's scary stuff.

I honestly cannot believe we spent a 1st, 2nd, and 4th on OL, and will have zero new starters in 2020, and may not even have improved our OL. It's an absolutely horrible OL draft. I have hope for Jackson, but he's a down-the-road guy. Kindley can play, but he's not dominant, and he's the 4th rounder. Hunt ... I think was a bad pick . Ugh.

While some teams continue to build solid OL, the Miami Dolphins continue to throw draft picks away along the OL.

Hey I’m short on cash can you throw me mega million numbers? Since you can tell that Jackson is a year or more away from being decent and Hunt is a bust already.

Ever seen anything as glass half full? Asking for a friend.

Improved from last year but still a ton of questions. This just proves that Tua will be riding the bench until this offensive line proves itself.

I still have far more questions about the tackles than I do the interior.

Hey I’m short on cash can you throw me mega million numbers? Since you can tell that Jackson is a year or more away from being decent and Hunt is a bust already.

No rush anyway. No super bowl in 2020 we just need to let it play out. This is a long term plan.

Asking for a friend is what the draft is all about. Nah, given how this front office just squandered this draft capital ... there will be no loans, sorry brother.

Fingers crossed Tua holds up, or this may be Coach Flo's last year.

Asking for a friend is what the draft is all about. Nah, given how this front office just squandered this draft capital ... there will be no loans, sorry brother.

Fingers crossed Tua holds up, or this may be Coach Flo's last year.

What? There is no rush, we may not even see Tua in 2020.

Back
Top Bottom