Our offensive ranks under Fielder | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our offensive ranks under Fielder

dlockz

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
For all of the people that think our offense is clicking so well (I truly think we forgot why we were so bad last year new oline- Ricky williams = bad year)

Our offense is ranked 18t in points and yardage currently.
last year it was 28th and 29th respectively

Previous years with Fielder- Pts Yards
2003 17 24
2002 12 15
2001 8 24
2000 16 27

These numbers were in a real conservative offense that ranked higher pointwise than our new offense. Not saying Fielder is better than Frerotte just saying that our offense with Frerotte at helm is not clicking as much as some would believe.

Not bad for the first year in a new offense.

dlockz said:
For all of the people that think our offense is clicking so well (I truly think we forgot why we were so bad last year new oline- Ricky williams = bad year)

2003 17 24
2002 12 15
2001 8 24
2000 16 27

These numbers were in a real conservative offense that ranked higher pointwise than our new offense. Not saying Fielder is better than Frerotte just saying that our offense with Frerotte at helm is not clicking as much as some would believe.
Watch out, some people are likely to make fun of you for getting Jay's last name spelled wrong.

dlockz said:

2003 17 24
2002 12 15
2001 8 24
2000 16 27

You bring up good points but our rankings are low because our offense wasn't consistant I am not saying Fiedler was consistant but he usually always put up like 130 to 200 yards and then our RB would be good for 75-125. Then we would have the games were Fiedler did amazing(Thanksgiving game) and we would have games were Ricky Williams ran over 200 yards.

dolphan117 said:
Not bad for the first year in a new offense.

Basically back to the level we were at the year before Ricky retired and we changed the whole oline. Our offense was bad last year due to no running game and an entire brand new line.

Starters on oline last year C-Mckinney
G-James
G-Whitley
T-Mcintosh
T John St Clair

Previous year C-Tim Ruddy
G-Mark Dixon
G-Todd Perry
T-Wade Smith
T-Todd Wade

Im sure that an entire line change and Ricky Williams retiring had no real impact on our season last year. I mean we only started Lamar Gordon, Travis Minor, Brock Forsey, Sammy Morris and Leonard Henry at RB last year.

the downfield passing game is better under Frerotte but the accuracy of the short passing game was probably better under Jay.

wazzy said:
You bring up good points but our rankings are low because our offense wasn't consistant I am not saying Fiedler was consistant but he usually always put up like 130 to 200 yards and then our RB would be good for 75-125. Then we would have the games were Fiedler did amazing(Thanksgiving game) and we would have games were Ricky Williams ran over 200 yards.

Our offense is still not consistant with a QB that just is not accurate. My point is that we were putting up the same amount of points with Fielder at QB and were winning so people were giving Jay the same free pass they give Frerotte.

dlockz said:
Basically back to the level we were at the year before Ricky retired and we changed the whole oline. Our offense was bad last year due to no running game and an entire brand new line.

Starters on oline last year C-Mckinney
G-James
G-Whitley
T-Mcintosh
T John St Clair

Previous year C-Tim Ruddy
G-Mark Dixon
G-Todd Perry
T-Wade Smith
T-Todd Wade

Im sure that an entire line change and Ricky Williams retiring had no real impact on our season last year. I mean we only started Lamar Gordon, Travis Minor, Brock Forsey, Sammy Morris and Leonard Henry at RB last year.

So in the first year under Gus we are as good as we were with Jay after he had spent a good amount of time in the system and had an established offense. Like I said, not bad for the first year.

Edit-Not sure what you are saying with the last paragraph. :confused:

2002 12 - 15 and we couldn't even smell the playoffs!

whatsburning said:
2002 12 - 15 and we couldn't even smell the playoffs!

Blame Ray Lucas and Cris Carter (in addition to Norv and Wanny). Lucas screwed this team good when Fiedler went out, and there was no excuse for Carter dropping that TD in the end zone against his former team.

dolphan117 said:
So in the first year under Gus we are as good as we were with Jay after he had spent a good amount of time in the system and had an established offense. Like I said, not bad for the first year.

Edit-Not sure what you are saying with the last paragraph. :confused:

Gus is not a rookie so its not like he will continually get better in this so called new offense which supposedly he knew before he got here. In my second paragraph I was showing the main reason we were awful the year before.

In fact look at Gus's games from the first game this year to his last and there is no marked improvement. I think his best game was against Denver early in the year. The best team we beat this year was Denver. Gus was 24 of 36 in this game that we dominated. since then he has been up and down and mostly mediocre. There is very little logical reason to think frerotte will be any better in this offense next year. Against a poor Tennessee defense he was still only 14 of 30 for 150 yards.

Jimmy James said:
Blame Ray Lucas and Cris Carter (in addition to Norv and Wanny). Lucas screwed this team good when Fiedler went out, and there was no excuse for Carter dropping that TD in the end zone against his former team.

Cris Carter was hardly on the team long enough to be a main focus of blame.

Norv was a good coordinator. The playcalling late in the Patriots game notwithstanding, without Norv I doubt Miami puts up 378 points and 5500 plus yards on the year, nor has the second ranked rushing attack.

Here is what kept Miami out of the playoffs in 2002:

1. Ray Lucas, as you said. Never have I seen somebody crumble so much under pressure, especially when he has STARTED BEFORE.

2. Miami's inconsistent defense. At home, Miami's defense did not surrender 300 yards to anybody once (not even in the loss to Buffalo) and truly dominated their opponent. I believe they gave up something like 12.5 points a game at home. On the road, however, they averaged giving up something like 25 points and 370 yards per game and looked nothing like their home personas.

3. Going 2-4 in the division. Nuff said.

Great, Let's call back Fiedler then!!!

You must remember that back on those years Ricky was the No.1 Running Back on the league, Fiedler had nothing to do besides handing the ball to Ricky 40 times a game... And even there he sucked!!

Btw, to the original poster of this thread, I think what Fielder did is more of an accomplishment than Frerotte because football isn't Fielder's primary sport.

You were referring to Cecil Fielder right?

josekareh said:
You must remember that back on those years Ricky was the No.1 Running Back on the league, Fiedler had nothing to do besides handing the ball to Ricky 40 times a game... And even there he sucked!!

I don't want Fielder back but Gus starting is not a good thing either.

Back
Top Bottom