Our Pick From Texans Could Be Top Three | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our Pick From Texans Could Be Top Three

Fin-Loco

Grilling Chicken Little
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
houston texans schedule

Wow. The Texans could go 3-13 next year. That would make our #1 pick from them possibly a top three pick. I know it's early but what do we do in that scenario? Some would want us to move back and get more picks if we're sitting at a place where Fields or Lawrence can still be obtained. Crazy.

houston texans schedule

Wow. The Texans could go 3-13 next year. That would make our #1 pick from them possibly a top three pick. I know it's early but what do we do in that scenario? Some would want us to move back and get more picks if we're sitting at a place where Fields or Lawrence can still be obtained. Crazy.
It’s a tough sched but that would be massive incompetence or huge injury issues to go 3-13 with Watson at QB. You never know but teams that look like they’re gonna be tough on the sched at times disappoint and vice versa.

Only way its top three is if Watson goes down.

Would be so hard for me to pass on Lawrence I have to admit and I am a huge Tua fan. I would keep Tua over Fields I think, but hes good too.

Depending on your evaluation at that point and assuming you have them graded equally, you try to trade either Lawrence/Fields/Tua and see who gets you the most capital and then take the other. If you have a top 2 pick then that's pure gold.

I don't think Miami would trade Tua in that situation though. So you just try to get as much as you can for your pick.

It would be a good problem to have though.

It’s a tough sched but that would be massive incompetence or huge injury issues to go 3-13 with Watson at QB. You never know but teams that look like they’re gonna be tough on the sched at times disappoint and vice versa.
Sure. But without Hopkins is a huge talent drop to Cooks based on everything other than when he was with the Saints...

Only way its top three is if Watson goes down.

Would be so hard for me to pass on Lawrence I have to admit and I am a huge Tua fan. I would keep Tua over Fields I think, but hes good too.

Depending on your evaluation at that point and assuming you have them graded equally, you try to trade either Lawrence/Fields/Tua and see who gets you the most capital and then take the other. If you have a top 2 pick then that's pure gold. Its a good problem to have.
It wouldnt be hard for me to pass on Lawrence. I'd be ecstatic if we got the #1 pick and traded it for a kings ransom to some team that was salivating for Lawrence.

houston texans schedule

Good problem to have......lol.

I think it would depend on how a lot of things go this season.

If things gel, but there are still a couple of glaring weaknesses, we probably address them immediately with a top prospect at whatever position.

If Tua ends up on IR (knock wood), I can see us going QB again.

Trading back in the right situation is fine too. Young studs on rookie deals is hard to beat.

It wouldnt be hard for me to pass on Lawrence. I'd be ecstatic if we got the #1 pick and traded it for a kings ransom to some team that was salivating for Lawrence.
Wouldn't trade the pick in the division for all the kings horses, and all the kings men.

Wouldn't trade the pick in the division for all the kings horses, and all the kings men.

Ya that **** better not happen, cant hand a team in your division and maybe even conference a Franchise QB Talent. Heard Miami had a better offer from Colts for Love, but wanted him in the NFC.

A couple of things. First, not having Hopkins won't make that a top 3 pick. A lot would have to go wrong for that to happen.

Also, jets and bills already have their young QB so NE would be the only team wanting to trade up for a QB and we better not trade with NE at all.

If we get a top 3 pick (which I don’t think will happen) if either Fields or Lawrence is available I would take them. Odds are Lawrence is going to go #1 so if Fields is available whenever it is we pick I would definitely pick Fields and have Tua and Fields battle it out and then we trade one of them. Both should get us top tier value. I am a HUGE fields fan. I would be super happy if we could get Fields.

If Fields and Lawrence are both of the board whenever it is that we pick we should do whatever we can to get Patrick Surtain II and trade either Jones or Howard. We should get some good value for both of them (probably more for Jones). If either of these scenarios come true I would be Uber excited.

Back
Top Bottom