Our Pick From Texans Could Be Top Three | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our Pick From Texans Could Be Top Three

houston texans schedule

Wow. The Texans could go 3-13 next year. That would make our #1 pick from them possibly a top three pick. I know it's early but what do we do in that scenario? Some would want us to move back and get more picks if we're sitting at a place where Fields or Lawrence can still be obtained. Crazy.

I keep flashing back to '19 and the PIT pick was going to be top 10. In this case, a top 10 pick from HOU wouldn't surprise me. A top 3 pick? BIG surprise. In either case, not enough to get Lawrence. For me, a topo 6-10 pick would still net a very good player, or more picks.

Houston could easily start out 0-7. It's easy for a team to implode when the coach/GM has made moves that did not sit well with the players. I believe I might have to take the under on the Texans this year.
No they couldn't. They have JAX on the schedule at home in the first 7 weeks. Even bad teams pull off upsets on good teams and they're not a bad team. As fans, we at times conflate what is possible for teams we root against and what is probable. Could they go 0-7? Yes. Could it "easily" happen? No. Will I root for it? Absolutely.

I keep flashing back to '19 and the PIT pick was going to be top 10. In this case, a top 10 pick from HOU wouldn't surprise me. A top 3 pick? BIG surprise. In either case, not enough to get Lawrence. For me, a topo 6-10 pick would still net a very good player, or more picks.
Very sober analysis. I agree 100%. The Pitt example is perfect. They did that with a QB that should not be playing in the NFL.

Very sober analysis. I agree 100%. The Pitt example is perfect. They did that with a QB that should not be playing in the NFL.

The good news is HOU doesn't have the FO/coaches PIT does. The bad news is the games have to be played.

the texans are a good side with a talented QB, they wont have a top 10 pick

I mean who knows. Was just posting it as a potential as I see Hopkins to Cooks being a huge change regarding their recent production. Johnson also is hugely capable but he's not been able to bounce back from a few injuries. Could be 13-3 could be 2-14 who knows.

One problem is DH hasn't missed a string of games, so not much evidence of HOU without him. His absence with certainly hurt the O. The question is how much. Cooks will get a lot more attention. Someone else will have to step up

Didn't they win like 14 or 15 games one year with him tho?
They did and using Randy Moss isn't the best example because notwithstanding the similar records, Moss was an all-timer and in his prime, virtually unstoppable. The Texans did not lose Randy Moss in his prime. So I tend to agree without the example, that a WR doesn't move the needle that much, especially when they replaced him with a pretty good player. The Steelers and Pats have interchanged WRs for years and maintained good offenses.

It’s a tough sched but that would be massive incompetence or huge injury issues to go 3-13 with Watson at QB. You never know but teams that look like they’re gonna be tough on the sched at times disappoint and vice versa.

I disagree. HOU just isn’t that good.

Go look at their schedule last season. They won 6-7 games they easily could have lost. And had a guy in Hopkins that had to drew a lot of attention away from others.

They don’t have that guy anymore.

JJ Watt has played 8 games or less in 3 out of the past 4 seasons, averaging barely over 5 games played per season. Why is that suddenly gonna change?

I agree that losing Watson would cause a travesty for them. They very well could be the worst team in the league w/o him.

But even with him, I can still see a bottom 10 team.

The idea that the Texas are going to be a bottom three team this season is not a very likely one to come to fruition. Outside of Hopkins who have they lost this offseason that will make them regress that far.

Last season, Both Pittsburgh and Houston proved to be better than most had hoped, after Miami acquired their 1st round picks. I think there's a real chance Houston, once again disappoints Miami fans by outperforming our Hope's and Expectations. The odds with a Deshaun Watson led, Houston team, falling flat and losing enough games to pick in the top 3-5 selections of the 2021 draft; are slim.

Watson willed that team to huge late game wins. He was a complete dream killer for me. His late game heroics were unbelievable. Houston looks to have a tougher schedule but that doesn't mean they'll fold and go 3-13?

I'm just like everyone else, I'll be hoping and praying the Texans, finish with 2-4 wins, but ain't expecting it.

I’m optimistic, but honestly unless something happens to Watson where he misses significant time that is not too likely.

Agree. Top have of R1 wouldn't surprise me, but top 3 is WAY too strong. Even then, a #14 pick (example) is a good pick.

To be honest I think it's more likely Ryan Fitzpatrick returns to the Ryan Pickspatrick than Deshaun Watson getting hurt. And more likely Miami finishes in the top 10 of the draft once again; than Houston getting into the top 3-5.

Back
Top Bottom