Our Pick From Texans Could Be Top Three | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our Pick From Texans Could Be Top Three

I predict in the preseason the Texans coach is going to realize the Texans GM is an F'ing idiot and there will be massive fighting going on between the two. The team will implode and the coach will blame it on the GM as the GM blames it on the coach when the owner steps in and fires both their a$$es.

It's going to be a beautiful thing to watch.
Bill O'Brien can only do so much with what Bill O'Brien is giving him to work with.

I predict in the preseason the Texans coach is going to realize the Texans GM is an F'ing idiot and there will be massive fighting going on between the two. The team will implode and the coach will blame it on the GM as the GM blames it on the coach when the owner steps in and fires both their a$$es.

It's going to be a beautiful thing to watch.
The Texans GM and HC is the same man...Bill O'Brien.

I think they will be closer to 8-8.

Which would be fine with me.

Expecting them to fall that precipitously is unrealistic.

I don’t see it. They have a good QB and some playmakers. They are in a weak division. Not getting my hopes up.

Not sure their division is that weak. Yeah they don't have a top shelf team but they have the Titans (playoff team) who can easily get to 9-10 wins and the Colts are frequent playoff contenders who are better QB play away from being one last year. With Rivers they probably won't get past 10 wins because he loses some single handedly, but he'll still win some that Brisset's slow processing caused them to lose.

I don't disagree though they its foolish to imagine the Texans will suck when they've been the mark of consistency for years.

I disagree. HOU just isn’t that good.

Go look at their schedule last season. They won 6-7 games they easily could have lost. And had a guy in Hopkins that had to drew a lot of attention away from others.

They don’t have that guy anymore.

JJ Watt has played 8 games or less in 3 out of the past 4 seasons, averaging barely over 5 games played per season. Why is that suddenly gonna change?

I agree that losing Watson would cause a travesty for them. They very well could be the worst team in the league w/o him.

But even with him, I can still see a bottom 10 team.

Bottom 10, yes. But not 3-13. That can only happen if they're ravaged by injuries and Bill O'Brien actually gets even worse as a coach.

If Watson were to go down early in the season I could see them finishing with a record which would likely give the Dolphins a top 10 pick. Yet if Watson plays the entire season, I think the Texans could go to the playoffs again and the Dolphins end up receiving a pick in the mid to late 20’s.

Ya that **** better not happen, cant hand a team in your division and maybe even conference a Franchise QB Talent. Heard Miami had a better offer from Colts for Love, but wanted him in the NFC.

Hope that is not true, if Miami had a chance to get more picks, and they didn't because they were afraid of the 4th best QB this year, I would be pretty disappointed in Grier and coach Flores after all the great things they did this past draft.

You say ‘regress that far’.

Of their 10 wins last season, they won 6-7 close games that easily could have swung the other direction.

Perhaps they overachieved and weren’t really that good in the first place?

The regression you question might be as easy as a very tough opening schedule in 2020 and close games not going their way as frequently as they did in 2019.

They didn’t maintain or add to their team to the same degree as others via the draft and free agency.

Oh, and also just happened to lose one of the NFL’s top WR‘s that opponents typically game planned against. Not having that player drawing heavy attention on key downs, let alone moving the sticks himself, just might drastically change a team, you know?

one players not going to take them to three wins or even close to that. Houston has a much better team than us and even you don't think that we were going to have three wins.

The Texans have a tough schedule, but their division is kind of a joke. Elite QBs find ways to win games; I would take Watson over Minshew, a way past his prime Rivers and Tannehill any day. The Titans will probably win their division, but I think the Texans could claw their way to 8 wins still.

Miami's pick probably comes in somewhere between 5 and 15. I'll put Houston's somewhere between 10 and 18. The Texans do not have as low a floor as we do but they're also not a playoff team.

Back
Top Bottom