Our Pick From Texans Could Be Top Three | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our Pick From Texans Could Be Top Three

This reminds me when everyone thought we would get a top 10 pick or even a top 5 pick after we traded Minkah to the Steelers and Big Ben got injured, that did not happen. I said Steelers were still too talented to not win at least 8 games even with terrible QB. Houston is same way. If Watson is healthy all year then they are a playoff team. If Watson gets hurt, then they could still win at least 7 games. Jags aren't very good, Colts aren't very good either and Rivers was bad last year. Other teams will have injuries as well. I still don't believe in the Titans, especially if something happens to Henry. Texans are easily the best team in that division until proven otherwise. David Johnson could have a nice bounce back year and if brandin cooks stays healthy he will have a season, maybe not on the same level as Hopkins but at least a 1K yard season and Fuller and Stills are always good deep threats.
Colts arent very good?!? Well, that depends on Rivers. Colts had a great draft, IMO and woulda made playoffs if Brisset didnt turn into a pumpkin. If Rivers can be a good version of himself, Colts will be tough.

Who knows. That team has a lot of talent and not much competition within the division. Aside from the Texans and the Titans ... it's a weak division. I can't see them winning less than 7 games unless they have an injury crisis ... but no team is immune to those. So, it's possible. Not likely, but if it's going to happen to the Texans ... 2020 would be a good year.

On another note, it's entirely possible that we have a shortened season, so all bets are of if that happens.

A couple of things. First, not having Hopkins won't make that a top 3 pick. A lot would have to go wrong for that to happen.

Also, jets and bills already have their young QB so NE would be the only team wanting to trade up for a QB and we better not trade with NE at all.

this is a make or break year for Darnold. If he sucks, they will move on from him.

Top 3?
Didn’t we do this with the steeler pick? Top 3 is not happening.

It very well might if Watson goes down for any length of time.

HOU isn’t PITT. Nowhere near as solid on defense.

But with Watson, bottom 3 less likely. Bottom 10 still likely.

At this point I wouldn’t count on them having a high pick. They’ve still got a good defense and Watson is enough of a factor to keep their offense dangerous, even without Hopkins. Maybe they don’t win their division so easily this year, maybe they miss the playoffs. But I wouldn’t bank on even a top 15 pick from them. Of course, we’ll have a better idea of how it shakes out when we finally see them on the field.

No, they couldn’t.

The Texans franchise has never won 13 games in their 18 season history. They didn’t win 13 games last season when they still had Hopkins and numerous close games went their way.

So how on earth are they gonna manage that without Hopkins and, likely, not near as many things breaking right as they did in 2019?

First, I do not believe a boundary player like Hopkins, makes a team go. Are they nice to have? Sure. Necessary? No.

And yes they can theoretically go 13-3 and will be closer to that win total, compared to the 3 being tossed around.

The rest of your post is blather.

Texans pick could be the very last pick. Who knows. That's why you play the game.

First, I do not believe a boundary player like Hopkins, makes a team go. Are they nice to have? Sure. Necessary? No.

And yes they can theoretically go 13-3 and will be closer to that win total, compared to the 3 being tossed around.

The rest of your post is blather.

And people act like Cooks is a scrub all of a sudden. Cooks would easily be one of the best receivers in our conference not that it means much

My prediction: Tex pick between 8 and 14.
I’m happy with Igbo, the 4th from fins’ trade-down along with #11 and #43 next year. Not to mention a lot of salary cap savings at LT

Interesting that columist Sal Paolantonio said today that he expects Houston to take a major step back this year.
The Colts and Titans are definately better but Watson is just too good not get them 6 wins.
But that puts them in the 6-10 draft pick range which is good for the Fins.
They need to get one of Bama's WR next year- Smith or Waddle.

Lawrence could stink it up next year. Just as easy as the Texans win only 3.

Back
Top Bottom