Our Pick From Texans Could Be Top Three | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our Pick From Texans Could Be Top Three

They did and using Randy Moss isn't the best example because notwithstanding the similar records, Moss was an all-timer and in his prime, virtually unstoppable. The Texans did not lose Randy Moss in his prime. So I tend to agree without the example, that a WR doesn't move the needle that much, especially when they replaced him with a pretty good player. The Steelers and Pats have interchanged WRs for years and maintained good offenses.
Totally agree. I think finloco is just exited about the possible things we could do with some very high picks. I get it. I just won't fall for it like lots of people did last year with the pick from Pitt

They did and using Randy Moss isn't the best example because notwithstanding the similar records, Moss was an all-timer and in his prime, virtually unstoppable. The Texans did not lose Randy Moss in his prime. So I tend to agree without the example, that a WR doesn't move the needle that much, especially when they replaced him with a pretty good player. The Steelers and Pats have interchanged WRs for years and maintained good offenses.

You’re overvaluing Moss versus Hopkins. Through their first 7 seasons, Moss surely had more yardage and TD’s than Hopkins, but Hop had well over 50 more receptions. And the yardage wasn’t worlds different.

It can easily be argued that Hopkins was more important on 3rd downs and in moving the sticks than Moss was with the Minnesota.

So taking that guy out of HOU’s offense surely can have a similar affect as losing a big play threat such as Moss.

Moss also had a HOF threat in Cris Carter spreading attention thin. They had a dude named Jake Reed who was pretty good too.

Meanwhile Hopkins was clearly the #1 alpha in HOU with a much steeper decline to the #2 guy.

Losing him logically hurts an offense as much as losing Moss, while still having Cris Carter, would hurt MIN.

Could you imaging if they ended up with the #1 pick next year lmao..

They could also go 13-3.

No, they couldn’t.

The Texans franchise has never won 13 games in their 18 season history. They didn’t win 13 games last season when they still had Hopkins and numerous close games went their way.

So how on earth are they gonna manage that without Hopkins and, likely, not near as many things breaking right as they did in 2019?

Houston should finish 3rd behind Indianapolis and Tennessee. I think they’ll pick between 10-15.

Just like our Steelers pick should have been top 5

a deshaun Watson QBd team ain’t going 3-13. BOB is a clown but the Texans are still one of the NFLs more successful teams lately, almost an annual playoff team and have made a couple AFC championships w/ mostly the same faces around.

while Dhop is certainly one of the most talented WRs in the league, they will get along just fine.

BOB is a horrible GM but there’s still a good roster w/ cornerstone pieces, most importantly deshaun Watson.

they’ll be in the playoff race

Clearly you haven’t noticed their schedule.

Or that they lost one of the NFL’s premier talents at WR. A guy that drew a lot of attention away from teammates and was a player opponents game planed against. Not every team has a player like that on offense.

Or that other teams in their division have seemingly improved, one of which was in the AFC title game last season.

Or that they didn’t even have a 1st round selection this past draft. And only had 5 picks in total.

Or that they didn’t really move the needle in free agency.

Cooks is a massive downgrade from Hopkins. Johnson couldn’t beat out Kenyan Drake.

There’s more to suggest HOU as a .500 or less team than in a playoff race.

Their schedule being so fierce was one of the reasons I posted the thread....
It's hard not to notice Houston's schedule. Miami owns their first two picks. I understand you. I agree they have a hard
Schedule. They lost a few good players and replaced them with lesser talent, which is usually a recipe for disaster. I hope and pray the Texans fail all the way to the #1 pick overall. Miami needs some luck, perhaps they get it, in terms of a huge surprise in Houston winning 3- 4 games?

I predict in the preseason the Texans coach is going to realize the Texans GM is an F'ing idiot and there will be massive fighting going on between the two. The team will implode and the coach will blame it on the GM as the GM blames it on the coach when the owner steps in and fires both their a$$es.

It's going to be a beautiful thing to watch.

Top 3?
Didn’t we do this with the steeler pick? Top 3 is not happening.

The idea that the Texas are going to be a bottom three team this season is not a very likely one to come to fruition. Outside of Hopkins who have they lost this offseason that will make them regress that far.

You say ‘regress that far’.

Of their 10 wins last season, they won 6-7 close games that easily could have swung the other direction.

Perhaps they overachieved and weren’t really that good in the first place?

The regression you question might be as easy as a very tough opening schedule in 2020 and close games not going their way as frequently as they did in 2019.

They didn’t maintain or add to their team to the same degree as others via the draft and free agency.

Oh, and also just happened to lose one of the NFL’s top WR‘s that opponents typically game planned against. Not having that player drawing heavy attention on key downs, let alone moving the sticks himself, just might drastically change a team, you know?

Top 3?
Didn’t we do this with the steeler pick? Top 3 is not happening.

Yep. Shows you what can happen with a good gameday coach. He rode Mason Rudolph and a guy named Duck to a near playoff berth.

O'Brien is an idiot with personnel but he's manage to get good performance out of that roster with or without Watson. He made the playoffs with Brock Osweiler being so bad he had to trade a second round pick to get rid of him. Don't think the Texans are doomed to failure with or without Watson. BOB will eventually get fired for his bad personnel moves and for never elevating past an early playoff exit, but he can beat mediocre talent in the regular season consistently.

I predict in the preseason the Texans coach is going to realize the Texans GM is an F'ing idiot and there will be massive fighting going on between the two. The team will implode and the coach will blame it on the GM as the GM blames it on the coach when the owner steps in and fires both their a$$es.

It's going to be a beautiful thing to watch.
Isn’t BOB the coach and GM?

I don’t see it. They have a good QB and some playmakers. They are in a weak division. Not getting my hopes up.

Back
Top Bottom