Our Pick From Texans Could Be Top Three | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our Pick From Texans Could Be Top Three

If we get a top 3 pick (which I don’t think will happen) if either Fields or Lawrence is available I would take them. Odds are Lawrence is going to go #1 so if Fields is available whenever it is we pick I would definitely pick Fields and have Tua and Fields battle it out and then we trade one of them. Both should get us top tier value. I am a HUGE fields fan. I would be super happy if we could get Fields.

If Fields and Lawrence are both of the board whenever it is that we pick we should do whatever we can to get Patrick Surtain II and trade either Jones or Howard. We should get some good value for both of them (probably more for Jones). If either of these scenarios come true I would be Uber excited.
Last thing we need is another corner in the first round

Watson get hit by a car or something? As long as he is playing this year they probably won’t win under 6. Games.

Houston could easily start out 0-7. It's easy for a team to implode when the coach/GM has made moves that did not sit well with the players. I believe I might have to take the under on the Texans this year.

If we get a top 3 pick (which I don’t think will happen) if either Fields or Lawrence is available I would take them. Odds are Lawrence is going to go #1 so if Fields is available whenever it is we pick I would definitely pick Fields and have Tua and Fields battle it out and then we trade one of them. Both should get us top tier value. I am a HUGE fields fan. I would be super happy if we could get Fields.

If Fields and Lawrence are both of the board whenever it is that we pick we should do whatever we can to get Patrick Surtain II and trade either Jones or Howard. We should get some good value for both of them (probably more for Jones). If either of these scenarios come true I would be Uber excited.
Interesting to think about....

houston texans schedule

Wow. The Texans could go 3-13 next year. That would make our #1 pick from them possibly a top three pick. I know it's early but what do we do in that scenario? Some would want us to move back and get more picks if we're sitting at a place where Fields or Lawrence can still be obtained. Crazy.

They could also go 13-3.

Just like our Steelers pick should have been top 5

a deshaun Watson QBd team ain’t going 3-13. BOB is a clown but the Texans are still one of the NFLs more successful teams lately, almost an annual playoff team and have made a couple AFC championships w/ mostly the same faces around.

while Dhop is certainly one of the most talented WRs in the league, they will get along just fine.

BOB is a horrible GM but there’s still a good roster w/ cornerstone pieces, most importantly deshaun Watson.

they’ll be in the playoff race

This reminds me when everyone thought we would get a top 10 pick or even a top 5 pick after we traded Minkah to the Steelers and Big Ben got injured, that did not happen. I said Steelers were still too talented to not win at least 8 games even with terrible QB. Houston is same way. If Watson is healthy all year then they are a playoff team. If Watson gets hurt, then they could still win at least 7 games. Jags aren't very good, Colts aren't very good either and Rivers was bad last year. Other teams will have injuries as well. I still don't believe in the Titans, especially if something happens to Henry. Texans are easily the best team in that division until proven otherwise. David Johnson could have a nice bounce back year and if brandin cooks stays healthy he will have a season, maybe not on the same level as Hopkins but at least a 1K yard season and Fuller and Stills are always good deep threats.

This reminds me when everyone thought we would get a top 10 pick or even a top 5 pick after we traded Minkah to the Steelers and Big Ben got injured, that did not happen. I said Steelers were still too talented to not win at least 8 games even with terrible QB. Houston is same way. If Watson is healthy all year then they are a playoff team. If Watson gets hurt, then they could still win at least 7 games. Jags aren't very good, Colts aren't very good either and Rivers was bad last year. Other teams will have injuries as well. I still don't believe in the Titans, especially if something happens to Henry. Texans are easily the best team in that division until proven otherwise. David Johnson could have a nice bounce back year and if brandin cooks stays healthy he will have a season, maybe not on the same level as Hopkins but at least a 1K yard season and Fuller and Stills are always good deep threats.
I mean who knows. Was just posting it as a potential as I see Hopkins to Cooks being a huge change regarding their recent production. Johnson also is hugely capable but he's not been able to bounce back from a few injuries. Could be 13-3 could be 2-14 who knows.

They're the Texans. They'll win at least 8, probably 6 of which will be by less than 3 points with the other team missing a 41 yd FG at the buzzer. Not saying they aren't talented, but they win luckier than any franchise I've seen in the past 10 yrs.

Sure. But without Hopkins is a huge talent drop to Cooks based on everything other than when he was with the Saints...
Loss of Hopkins doesn't drop them 7 wins. And let's not pretend Cooks can't play. Other than last year, Cooks basically had 4 straight 1,100 yard seasons. He's just 26. If healthy, he's quite productive. Unless Watson gets hurt or there are other brutal injuries, it's almost impossible they go 3-13.

If Tua is healthy and he looks good, I think there's close to zero chance they draft Fields or Lawrence. The simple reason being, Miami would be in a perfect trade down position to pick up more assets to quickly build a championship calibre team. Think about it; an effective and healthy Tua means you have the QB you need. There are already so many good pieces on this team, a great draft next year could put them into the elite of the league. It's far too early with all this but Miami has some very good looking foundational pieces falling into place. Let's see how they look in 2020. The cap money and draft capital they already have for next year should only improve that.

Back
Top Bottom