Our QB situation looks like a huge risk | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our QB situation looks like a huge risk

Originally posted by PhinstiGator

There is NO General Manager in his right mind that will reveal his draft board to the public. In fact, the reverse is true. Look for the smokescreen.

Sure Rivers could be top ten. He could also be 3rd round. We don't really know if a team has it's heart set on taking a QB in the first round.

I highly doubt that the one quarter he played in the Senior bowl will have the affect on real team scouts as it had on Mel Kiper and fans. It appears that Spielman currently has A.J. Feeley rated higher than Rivers.

At the end of the season we have a time of accountability. We can directly compare what Rivers did in contrast to what Feeley did. At this juncture, I feel pretty good about Spielman's choice. Last years QB draft class made no dent at proven Franchise material. The 2002 QB draft class is still on the learning curve...yet to be proven.

Nobody says "I will definately draft this player", but the GMs do speak with the Len P's of the world and they do give general indications. Your smoke screen theory would only work if most teams are using the same one. There is no indication that Rivers is a 3rd rounder.

Also there is no accountability at the end of the season. Rivers should not be expected to outplay Feeley this year.

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE
...when the Dolphins made the move on Feeley it appeared that Rivers was going to go at 11 to Pittsburgh. When Rivers looked to be going at 20, most the news was pointing at us drafting Rivers. Feeley wasn't even mentioned at that time...

Well, my only response to that is that I have never believed that Pittsburgh would take Rivers at #11. I could be wrong...but they have serious needs at Cornerback & RB. They have also re-focused on getting their identity back to the running game. They will have a shot at getting the best corner or RB in the draft and Maddox is a good QB for that system. Pittsburgh is cheap. They haven't drafted a QB in the 1st round since 1980.

To get a better picture of what Spielman thinks of Feeley's value...it's better to wait and see what his actual contract is. There is just too much speculation about it right now.

Originally posted by PhinstiGator

To get a better picture of what Spielman thinks of Feeley's value...it's better to wait and see what his actual contract is. There is just too much speculation about it right now.

Good point

lets get 2starters on OL FA draft a qb wr with 2#1s and dump jay and start over:cool:

Thats what I'm hoping for...

Woody, Stone, or James at OG in FA (Grab 2 of them)

Rivers and a WR Round 1 in the Draft

another WR, OL 3rd and 4th rounds

Back
Top Bottom