Our Rookie Wide Receivers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our Rookie Wide Receivers

Stoobz

Eschew the Onvious
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Lots of nice chatter about these three during training camp, so I'll post a bit of info about each from NFLDraftBuzz. No idea how reputable they are, but what the heck.

• Does not have exceptional straight-line speed but takes advantage of open seams when his quarterback is on target.
  • Goes up high for jump balls. Good flexibility and reach to snatch back-shoulder throws.
  • Has enough upper-body strength and tenacity to be very effective as a downfield blocker. Is not shy about taking on his man, provides some pop and will open a running lane for his back at the next level.

• Does not have exceptional straight-line speed but takes advantage of open seams when his quarterback is on target.
  • Has the size, length, and strength to defeat press jams. Can make the spectacular catch. A decent open-field runner with some agility and the ability to break tackles.
  • A long-striding athlete with good playing speed. Usually sure-handed with the concentration to snatch the ball out of the air.

• Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
  • Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.
  • Has the strong hands any NFL wide receiver coach and quarterback would covet. Tracks the deep ball over either shoulder and brings in passes fluidly without breaking stride downfield.

Lots of nice chatter about these three during training camp, so I'll post a bit of info about each from NFLDraftBuzz. No idea how reputable they are, but what the heck.

• Goes up high for jump balls. Good flexibility and reach to snatch back-shoulder throws.
  • Has enough upper-body strength and tenacity to be very effective as a downfield blocker. Is not shy about taking on his man, provides some pop and will open a running lane for his back at the next level.

• Has the size, length, and strength to defeat press jams. Can make the spectacular catch. A decent open-field runner with some agility and the ability to break tackles.
  • A long-striding athlete with good playing speed. Usually sure-handed with the concentration to snatch the ball out of the air.

• Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.
  • Has the strong hands any NFL wide receiver coach and quarterback would covet. Tracks the deep ball over either shoulder and brings in passes fluidly without breaking stride downfield.
Love it. Thanks for posting. These kids are exciting. Miami did very well, in finding players, especially with limited draft picks.

1. Hill
2. Waddle
3. Wilson
4. Ezukanma
5. Sanders
6. Sherfield

That’s my 6 as of right now. And I could see 4-6 all getting opportunities in certain packages in this offense (note: Trent Sherfield was in on 24% of SF’s offensive snaps last season — his familiarity with MM & Wes plays a part). I think Bowden and Preston have a ton of ground to make up, and I’ve heard Tanner Conner’s name called much more than those two combined so far. That says a lot. Fortunately, it’s rookies stepping up with potential to stick and develop in our system. EE & Sanders are two very intriguing prospects in a stacked WR room. Exciting times…..

Last edited:
1. Hill
2. Waddle
3. Wilson
4. Ezukanma
5. Sanders
6. Sherfield

That’s my 6 as of right now. And I could see 4-6 all getting opportunities in certain packages in this offense (note: Trent Sherfield was in on 24% of SF’s offensive snaps last season — his familiarity with MM & Wes plays a part). I think Bowden and Preston have a ton of ground to make up, and I’ve heard Tanner Conner’s name called much more than those two combined so far. That says a lot. Fortunately, it’s rookies stepping up with potential to stick and develop in our system. EE & Sanders are two very intriguing prospects in a stacked WR room. Exciting times…..
I think you are definitely on point with that list. That would be my six that make the team.
Now, if we can showcase Williams and Bowden in the pre-season games and get something in return from a Dallas and Denver WR-starved team, then that would be a bonus!
But then again, I would want to at least wait to see a Sanders and a Sherfield in a combined scrimmage with Tampa Bay before I totally write off Williams and Bowden. These things will definitely sort themselves out in a couple more weeks for sure.

Tanner is playing TE for us, not WR.

Might be Gesicker, Smythey, Long, and Connor out there this year.
I would like to see that group of four, as well. Another note , the write up says Conner lacks straight-line speed but then you read that he has 4.37 speed in the 40 and he has a vertical leap of 40” also.
That translates to a very explosive athlete. Conner talks about embracing the idea of playing TE and being a match-up nightmare for linebackers.

Good stuff Stoobz! :UP:
349.gif

And Omar's punk ass refuses to give any of these boys credit on the big o show. Even big o was calling Omar out for it.

I hope all these dudes ball out. That would be so amazing

Back
Top Bottom