Our running game | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our running game

the average can be a bit misleading ......./there were several plays where the RB's lost anywhere from 3 to 6 yards so of course that affects the average......those pitchouts did not work yesterday as NE was ready for those but yes, we need to get better with our running game.....for what I could see, the few good runs we had were all to the left of our O-line.

Yep you are right he had 7 rushes for a whopping 12 yards. 1.7 yards per attempt sounds like we made a big mistake cutting him.
Ha I’m not hailing Sony Michel here. I’m saying dolphins are in need of a situational bigger back that can fall forward. Just like Michel did to close the game out for the chargers Yesterday. I don’t care if it’s him doaks or someone else we just need one

I’ve seen enough of edmunds as the tail back in run sets during short yard situations. We don’t have a guy in house suited well for that role currently.

The tua detractors got this whole board on edge 😂

We will get better when the team gells and we assume a identity. Just the 1st game of 17 folks.
I understand but I do not want to be 2-6 when it is decided we have been bitten.
Maybe there is no one out there. Maybe we have no one to trade. Maybe the coaches are happier with the current guys than many of us.
I do not know but I sure would like teams having to prepare to stop our run.

I understand but I do not want to be 2-6 tnntwhen it is decided we have been bitten.
Maybe there is no one out there. Maybe we have no one to trade. Maybe the coaches are happier with the current guys than many of us.
I do not know but I sure would like teams having to prepare to stop our run.
Lol I hope we don't wind up that way

Lot's of possible reasons, as mentioned:

1. Belicheat's a master at stopping the wide zone run. He didn't run his full out 6 man "tilt" front from the SB vs the Rams, but something like it.
2. The timing and cohesion of the OL was slightly off, and that's all it takes for this scheme. McD mentioned this in today's conference.
3. Obviously, we had guys in and out for injuries, and moving around positions, which made #2 even worse.
4. I think Williams is still settling in at center. He didn't make it to the right angle multiple times on zone runs. IMO - #1-3 are certain, #4 is just my view.
5. We may not have opened the full playbook, as many have suggested.

2-5 can be corrected, and we won't seethe Cheats again till late in the year.

Ha I’m not hailing Sony Michel here. I’m saying dolphins are in need of a situational bigger back that can fall forward. Just like Michel did to close the game out for the chargers Yesterday. I don’t care if it’s him doaks or someone else we just need one

I’ve seen enough of edmunds as the tail back in run sets during short yard situations. We don’t have a guy in house suited well for that role currently.

The tua detractors got this whole board on edge 😂
We should have kept Duke.

As a short yardage, bigger back? Not seeing it.
He got it done last year. Just needs limited reps. He's a grinder.

Of course it doesnt have to be him, but we need a guy that can get us 3 yards when we need 2. Right now we have too many featherweights at RB.

Our short yardage back is Ingold.

New England stacked the box.

Very, very few teams can consistently run against an 8 man front.

What else needs to be said?

Our short yardage back is Ingold.

New England stacked the box.

Very, very few teams can consistently run against an 8 man front.

What else needs to be said?
I dont have faith in him. Tell me why I should, other than McDaniel does.

8 man fronts are what FBs are designed to handle.

I dont have faith in him. Tell me why I should, other than McDaniel does.

8 man fronts are what FBs are designed to handle.
You must have me confused with someone who cares about convincing you.

It was game 1 after very few live reps in the preseason against a tough defense coached by arguably the best coach of all-time who had the entire offseason to scheme. If you can't enjoy that and feel the need to look for disappointment or nitpick, that says more about you than anything else.

Back
Top Bottom