Our WR ain't the problem!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our WR ain't the problem!!

hunter5nc1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Are WR ain't the problem!!

So many people think they are, but I for one don't! It's our QB(jay) and our O-line I think our WR's aren't half bad and hey if we had a QB who could throw over 30yards and hit a WR in stride WOW they probably wouldn't seem half bad!!!! With that said Draft a young QB in 1st rd and get a vet QB and o-lineman in FA!! We would be alot better next year(BOY I'M TIRED OF SAYING THAT!)

Re: Are WR ain't the problem!!

Originally posted by hunter5nc1
So many people think they are, but I for one don't! It's our QB(jay) and our O-line I think our WR's aren't half bad and hey if we had a QB who could throw over 30yards and hit a WR in stride WOW they probably wouldn't seem half bad!!!! With that said Draft a young QB in 1st rd and get a vet QB and o-lineman in FA!! We would be alot better next year(BOY I'M TIRED OF SAYING THAT!)

First of all I think you ment Our and not ARE :goof:
second of all Everyone knows its the OL and QB.. even indenial wanny said so..

DT was pretty bad - dropping passes and being out of position for a #2 WR opposite a young #1 WR. We need to upgrade our WRs, but not as much as QB and OL

Re: Re: Are WR ain't the problem!!

Originally posted by Mindwarp

First of all I think you ment Our and not ARE :goof:
second of all Everyone knows its the OL and QB.. even indenial wanny said so..

Sad part is that he made no real attempt to fix it either!!

I think the WRs dropped more passes the Jay threw interceptions. So as bad as Jay was, our WRS sucked just as bad.

Originally posted by bigmiamifan
I think the WRs dropped more passes the Jay threw interceptions. So as bad as Jay was, our WRS sucked just as bad.

True, and then again, Jay probably threw more off target passes than props tho.;)

hehe, maybe. Buy OG used to catch them ALL, and he was sent packing. I think that was a huge blow this year as DT can't catch half the perfect throws much less a ball in the area. If we have OG this whole year, Jay would've looked a little better. I think that's the main reason Jay looked as bad as he did and his numbers were down, no OG.

How many times did our WR's lack the speed to gain seperation? How many times were they not physical to make a play for the ball or get off the line against a jam? How many times did they round their routes off enough to give the CB a chance to get back and make a play for the ball?

Our WR's are terrible and not a one other than Chambers has the talent to be a consistent starter in this league. (Please don't tell me players who have never started before do, they've never started before for a reason)

Simmons and Tolver are right where they should be talent wise, 4th and 5th.

We need a 2nd and 3rd WR.

The OL is not as bad off as people think it is. Smith will grow and is the guy at LT. McK will be the starter and better than Ruddy. Yates played well at LG and will continue to improve.

We already have young guys who will improve and people want to draft all these other young guys to bring in as well?

Bring in young WR's and a young QB to groom. We already have young OL, all we need a is a consistent G to bring in and start and we're set if we re-sign Wade or bring in another guy to fill that spot.

:yes:

we need to sopt picking other team's #3 WRs and hope they can improve enough to be our #2. We need to add a solid possesion WR to make a run in 2004, i.e. KJ or I Bruce

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
How many times did our WR's lack the speed to gain seperation? How many times were they not physical to make a play for the ball or get off the line against a jam? How many times did they round their routes off enough to give the CB a chance to get back and make a play for the ball?

Our WR's are terrible and not a one other than Chambers has the talent to be a consistent starter in this league. (Please don't tell me players who have never started before do, they've never started before for a reason)

Simmons and Tolver are right where they should be talent wise, 4th and 5th.

We need a 2nd and 3rd WR.

The OL is not as bad off as people think it is. Smith will grow and is the guy at LT. McK will be the starter and better than Ruddy. Yates played well at LG and will continue to improve.

We already have young guys who will improve and people want to draft all these other young guys to bring in as well?

Bring in young WR's and a young QB to groom. We already have young OL, all we need a is a consistent G to bring in and start and we're set if we re-sign Wade or bring in another guy to fill that spot.

I ain't cutting the WRs any slack, but alot of those routes they "ran off" were because Jay was off target alot. How many long throws did the wRs have to break stride to let the ball catch up to them only to let the DB catch up as well? Our WR problem was not speed. Not that you said this but it cracks me up when somebody sez how a WR ran the WRONG route and such. Totally BS. How'd they "know" what the proper route was supposed to be ?? :lol:

Originally posted by hunter5nc1
If healthy OG is a #2 and who knows DT a #3! Just a thought!
if we end up w/CC, OG, DT, Tolver and Simmons as our WR next year, we are in big, big trouble if CC misses any games. We w/have no one w/any speed at WR except CC and Simmons and Simmons is not a starting WR type and never will be one from the little I have seen.

P.S. McK will likely be cut for cap reasons.

Originally posted by bigmiamifan

Hard to drop the ball if it sails 20ft over their head or bounces twice before it gets to them.

Back
Top Bottom