Our WR ain't the problem!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our WR ain't the problem!!

Re: Re: Are WR ain't the problem!!

Originally posted by ohall

Yeah they are, and if they do not improve the WR corps no matter whom the QB is they will suffer the same fate.

Oliver...

But let's not forget tho, Oliver. We have to put the horse in front of the cart tho !! ;) :lol:

Re: Re: Re: Are WR ain't the problem!!

Originally posted by DeDolfan

But let's not forget tho, Oliver. We have to put the horse in front of the cart tho !! ;) :lol:

That's what I said. Some want to put the cart before the horse.

Oliver...

Originally posted by DeDolfan

Speed ain't really all that when you ain't got anybody to get them the ball deep, which is where the speed is handy. A good route runner is better than speed anyway and is where most separation comes from anyway. i'd rather get the guy who runs good routes that can catch. If speed is included, all the much better.

You have got to be kidding me! Acceleration and speed are the things that get seperation for a WR. I played CB in college for a year before getting hurt, the thing that gets you open is some route, mostly the speed to get to the spot in the route before the CB can recover from your initial move into your route and cut the route off or make a play on the ball. If the WR is phsyical enough to get off the line and outmuscle the CB he can succeed as well.

Speed is the single most important thing for a WR. If they are smart and crafty enough to overcome lack of speed they can make it, otherwise they're done. I don't know where this idea of route running being the most important thing, of course you have to run great routes to make it. That's the same with any WR, but WR's with a 4.9 40 won't make it no matter what.

I dont see Oronde starting for us and being a big part of this offense ever again. I really wish we could get him in there as our posession WR like he used to be but they just dont use him. He barely had any plays in the last few games of the season when he joined. He got the ball like 3 times. Maybe we'll all get our wish and he will play that posession role..if so we just need 1 other WR along the left side to give the deep threat just like chambers and we will be set. IF we can upgrade our passing game then we will upgrade the line without even adding more players (ofcourse were going to add more players but defenses will respect the passing game so we wont get stuffed as much)

Our WRs do suck.

Next year I am hoping the receiving core looks like.

1- Chambers
2- Rashaun Woods
3- A well aged veteran, maybe Muhsin Muhammed if he is cut by Carolina which it looks he will be.
4- Tolver(not Toliver as many of you spell his name)
5- Simmons

I guess this blurb blows the thread out of the water.....

.....the Dolphins receiver corps nonetheless flopped, according to three NFL scouts and one player personnel man.

''They don't scare you as a group,'' said one AFC East personnel man, who requested anonymity. ``The Dolphins like big receivers, but the problem they have is that Chambers is the only one in the group with enough speed to get deep.

``And despite their size, they aren't that physical. You want to give that group fits? Press them. Be physical with them. They can't get off the line, and they don't like to go across the middle. Other than Chambers, who you can take out of most games with double coverage, they're just a bunch of guys.''

From today's Herald.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Are WR ain't the problem!!

Originally posted by ohall

That's what I said. Some want to put the cart before the horse.

Oliver...

Oh, OK. Misunderstood ya! ;)

How bout this:

1. Chris Chambers
2. Dennis Northcutt
3. Michael Jenkins
4. Troy Brown (will be cut and will play for less than a million.......
5. Sam Simmons

how could you mention troy brown, why dont we go sign a few players the jets cut while were at it... thinking about troy brown on the dolphins makes me sick, hes a pat, hes very average at best, and hes a large reason we aren't in the playoffs (OT TD catch)

bleh

:nesucks:

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG

You have got to be kidding me! Acceleration and speed are the things that get seperation for a WR. I played CB in college for a year before getting hurt, the thing that gets you open is some route, mostly the speed to get to the spot in the route before the CB can recover from your initial move into your route and cut the route off or make a play on the ball. If the WR is phsyical enough to get off the line and outmuscle the CB he can succeed as well.

Speed is the single most important thing for a WR. If they are smart and crafty enough to overcome lack of speed they can make it, otherwise they're done. I don't know where this idea of route running being the most important thing, of course you have to run great routes to make it. That's the same with any WR, but WR's with a 4.9 40 won't make it no matter what.

No I am not kidding you. If what you're saying is true, then none of the slower guys would ever get open and that is simply not true. Speed is more esential for a CB than the WR. The WR knows where/what he's doing. The CB at best can only guess and react, where his speed and reflexes count more. granted, a speedy WR can maintain the separation longer, but that's not where it's at. The good route runner WILL get some separation and then it's all up to the timing with the QB etc. and line protection. I was a TE back in the day [ and I'm talking waaaay back, :lol: ], and I wasn't particularly fast and as a matter of fact, I was only actually "half fast" !! But one thing i could do was run a route and usually, when I made my cut [I'm not talking about these half assed rounded cuts some guys make today], the DB went one way and his jock went the other. I'm sure all this timing thing hasn't changed a whole lot and the routes depended on who we played and our own line play etc. Our plays called for the route to go so many yds, we used steps so the QB could literally count the steps, cut, and the ball would be there as i turned. If everything was right, it's hard to defend unless you guess which way the cut was going and the DB tried to jump the route. But the way to counter that was to throw in an out and up every once in awhile to keep him honest, and so on. But speed will help alot on deep routes to maintain separation but it's not that necessary on the little dink 'n dunk crap we're used to seeing tho.
But you don't know where the idea where good route running is more important comes from? That's probably how alot of CBs today are CBs and not WRs. ;) I'm sure given the chance, they'd rather be on the "glory" side of the ball. Most CBs are speedy but at one time or another when they started playing, they wanted to play WR. Even then their coaches knew they couldn't run good routes or even catch the ball. But they could cover and bat balls away good tho.
4.9 speed? I wouldn't imagine OG or OJ to be much better than that if at all.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch.................................

What good is all the WR talk if jay is trying to throw to them? Get rid of jay somethings will start to get better!! Jay will do the same to a new good young WR that he has to CC! Hold the KId back!! He makes all our WR look worse than they really are! Well maybe not all but most of them!!

Adding another top shelf WR this off-season is very important. It's not as important as the OL, or QB, but it's certainly a weakness at this time....

WR I. Bruce or WR D. Northcutt would be very nice....

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of the Phinz letting WR D. Thompson have another chance to prove himself in 2004. He was a huge disappointment this year. After watching him during training camp, I thought he would be a great addition. If he gets another shot, he better make it count this time!!!....:evil:

I guess it all depends on the GM in the end. He'll decide what direction this team goes. He may not change our WR corps at all...:eek:

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
Adding another top shelf WR this off-season is very important. It's not as important as the OL, or QB, but it's certainly a weakness at this time....

Well put! WR won't help much unless the OL gets fixed.
DT carries too big a cap # next yr to speculate on, IMO. However, if he agrees to knock a mil off then his total would be under a mil total and a little bit more than LY. I could see keeping him another yr just in case in hopes that a QB change and OL help will make a difference. You know, everything has to work together to be sucessful.

Back
Top Bottom