Our WR ain't the problem!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our WR ain't the problem!!

Originally posted by dolphan39
if we end up w/CC, OG, DT, Tolver and Simmons as our WR next year, we are in big, big trouble if CC misses any games. We w/have no one w/any speed at WR except CC and Simmons and Simmons is not a starting WR type and never will be one from the little I have seen.

P.S. McK will likely be cut for cap reasons.

DT will get cut also.

Originally posted by dreadlockera

Hard to drop the ball if it sails 20ft over their head or bounces twice before it gets to them.

Yea Jay threw some bad ones, but he also threw some perfect ones and some close ones. A lot were dropped. If the ball hits the WR in the hands he should catch, that not mentioning some of the in the chest drops.

We don't have any guys with speed besides Chambers.

DT - 4.7 in college
OG- 4.8 now
JT - 4.6
SS- 4.49

Simmons is the only one with any speed and it's marginal. I'd like to see a nice route runner with a physical nature at the two and a guy with 4.3 speed to be the three.

That would be nice for those guys to be Bruce and Reggie Williams (dreams here)

Re: Are WR ain't the problem!!

Originally posted by hunter5nc1
So many people think they are, but I for one don't! It's our QB(jay) and our O-line I think our WR's aren't half bad and hey if we had a QB who could throw over 30yards and hit a WR in stride WOW they probably wouldn't seem half bad!!!! With that said Draft a young QB in 1st rd and get a vet QB and o-lineman in FA!! We would be alot better next year(BOY I'M TIRED OF SAYING THAT!)

So you wouldn't mind:
2.Thompson
3.McKnight

That's insane, even with a very good QB. If you don't think we need much better talent opposite Chris Chambers, something is wrong.

Re: Are WR ain't the problem!!

Originally posted by hunter5nc1
So many people think they are, but I for one don't! It's our QB(jay) and our O-line I think our WR's aren't half bad and hey if we had a QB who could throw over 30yards and hit a WR in stride WOW they probably wouldn't seem half bad!!!! With that said Draft a young QB in 1st rd and get a vet QB and o-lineman in FA!! We would be alot better next year(BOY I'M TIRED OF SAYING THAT!)

Yeah they are, and if they do not improve the WR corps no matter whom the QB is they will suffer the same fate.

Oliver...

Sign Darrell Jackson and watch the difference in the play from our receiving corp. Not only will Jackson make plays, but he will free up Chambers A LOT more.

looking at that photo makes me think we need a white WR, or an asian one at the very least.

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
We don't have any guys with speed besides Chambers.

DT - 4.7 in college
OG- 4.8 now
JT - 4.6
SS- 4.49

Simmons is the only one with any speed and it's marginal. I'd like to see a nice route runner with a physical nature at the two and a guy with 4.3 speed to be the three.

That would be nice for those guys to be Bruce and Reggie Williams (dreams here)

Speed ain't really all that when you ain't got anybody to get them the ball deep, which is where the speed is handy. A good route runner is better than speed anyway and is where most separation comes from anyway. i'd rather get the guy who runs good routes that can catch. If speed is included, all the much better.

Fiedler is still better than Griese.

Fiedler's last two INTs were Gadsden and McMichael's fault. Both were hit in the hands...hell one was for a TD.

I would tend to agree

Originally posted by bigmiamifan
I think the WRs dropped more passes the Jay threw interceptions. So as bad as Jay was, our WRS sucked just as bad.

Why else would Ford have been released? I think the drops were a major concern by our WR's.

Re: I would tend to agree

Originally posted by njfinfan

Why else would Ford have been released? I think the drops were a major concern by our WR's.

You haven't heard? A positional coach should keep his job after 7 plus years while fielding year in year out some of the worst WR corps in the NFL. To some only TWO ppl r to blame. The rest are saints and deserve to be ignored.

Oliver...

suprised Ford did not blurt out the phrase Gary Stephens left for us dolphans "you cannot make chicken salad out of chicken sh#$#$t"

Back
Top Bottom