Ourlads Scouting Service on Sporting News Radio | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ourlads Scouting Service on Sporting News Radio

Anthony3454 said:
Alex Smith not going in the 1st round.:shakeno: I can't believe these people get paid to write this. I would bet my life that he's going to be a 1st round pick.

The guy had a standing ovation and garnered praise from his workout. They stated that it was the best workout since T Aikman. And they (ourlads) state he won't be a first round pick. :roflmao: Somebody is full of crap. Yeah his arm could use some strenghtening but This kid can play.

HelloMotto said:
The guy had a standing ovation and garnered praise from his workout. They stated that it was the best workout since T Aikman. And they (ourlads) state he won't be a first round pick. :roflmao: Somebody is full of crap. Yeah his arm could use some strenghtening but This kid can play.

not true

That was a good read. Big deal - its not like every other mock draft on the web. Thats doesnt make it crappy at all. We all know that the actual draft never pans out the same way as the pre-draft mocks, so enjoy this article for being somewhat different and creative. We know the guys at Ourlads do their homework - lets see if they are right on any of their calls.

FWIW, last year Stephen Jackson fell to the mid 20's of round one after most predicted hed be a top 6 pick. Kevin Jones almost fell out of round one altogether. Had someone made a mock draft with BOTH of those players falling, they would have been laughed at and ridiculed. Point is, dont be a sheep when reading these mocks. I think there is some good info here :)

if you're in fear of taking Braylon Edwards just because he's a WR from Michigan, you better be all about taking an Auburn back. (With that kind of logic, atleast)

cnc66 said:

Gil's comments

Alex Smith QB I've been coming to private workouts for decades, but this is the first time I can remember a player receiving a standing ovation from his audience. He was lights out. Smith threw for 45 minutes, and in that time, only one ball wasn't catchable, and that was at the end of the session when Savoy's tongue was hanging out after being run all over the field.

Larry Kennan, now the head of the NFL coaches association, ran the workout. Smith was previously thought of as a shotgun quarterback because of Utah's offense, but Smith and Kennan mapped out a great scripted workout that saw Smith make all the throws -- three-step drops, five-step drops, play-action passes, deep passes, crossing routes, roll-out passes and, of course, the deep routes. In fact, Smith threw 62 yards to a receiver standing on the goal line, and the pass was perfect.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/8297183

yes true. Some of you people have short memories :cooldude:

Yeah, we also had an article posted after that Gil Brandt one that revealed the "standing ovation" took place because there were no seats. All of the viewers had been on their feet the whole time. I'm not sure which to believe, but that's funny if it's true.

DiepatriotsDie said:
Yeah, we also had an article posted after that Gil Brandt one that revealed the "standing ovation" took place because there were no seats. All of the viewers had been on their feet the whole time. I'm not sure which to believe, but that's funny if it's true.

They were applauding his performance. Gils been to many workouts. I'm sure he can be a good judge of the feeling of the coaches and scouts.

byroan said:
He'll be a first round pick easily. He may be the #2 pick.

If that is the case let's hope we trade out of the number 2 slot.

I like Rodgers more than Smith because he is more talented. In watching the Utah games last year you could see that Smith isnt extremely accurate nor does he have a strong arm.

I hope Green Bay doesnt take Frye as I would love to have him and I believe Mcpherson may go off of the board early. I think there will be alot of surprises in this draft and alot of busts. People are actually talking about Matt Jones going in the top 20

Tureo said:
I like Rodgers more than Smith because he is more talented. In watching the Utah games last year you could see that Smith isnt extremely accurate nor does he have a strong arm.

Now thats a funny one....he completed like 68 % of his passes, he threw 32 touchdowns to only 4 interceptions. I watched his games, he is accurate...very accurate.

Tureo said:
I hope Green Bay doesnt take Frye as I would love to have him and I believe Mcpherson may go off of the board early. I think there will be alot of surprises in this draft and alot of busts. People are actually talking about Matt Jones going in the top 20

Actually, I saw a tidbit in Peter King's MMQB that stated Frye could be the most overrated quarterback in the draft.

Everyone has an opinion ...

HelloMotto said:
Gil's comments

Alex Smith QB I've been coming to private workouts for decades, but this is the first time I can remember a player receiving a standing ovation from his audience. He was lights out. Smith threw for 45 minutes, and in that time, only one ball wasn't catchable, and that was at the end of the session when Savoy's tongue was hanging out after being run all over the field.

Larry Kennan, now the head of the NFL coaches association, ran the workout. Smith was previously thought of as a shotgun quarterback because of Utah's offense, but Smith and Kennan mapped out a great scripted workout that saw Smith make all the throws -- three-step drops, five-step drops, play-action passes, deep passes, crossing routes, roll-out passes and, of course, the deep routes. In fact, Smith threw 62 yards to a receiver standing on the goal line, and the pass was perfect.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/8297183

yes true. Some of you people have short memories :cooldude:

Yeah but there are conflicting reports. Find teh archived articles from after teh workouts from GBN, they say that the standing ovation was blown waaaayyyyyyy out of porportion. It is a debated issue.

rickeyrunsover said:
Yeah but there are conflicting reports. Find teh archived articles from after teh workouts from GBN, they say that the standing ovation was blown waaaayyyyyyy out of porportion. It is a debated issue.

But only by unnamed sources.......for some crazy reason I give less credibility to unnamed sources than I do one of the most respected names in NFL history when it comes to personnel evaluation.

In the end I trust my own eyes when forming an opinion, It has served me pretty well in the past.

BlueFin said:
But only by unnamed sources.......for some crazy reason I give less credibility to unnamed sources than I do one of the most respected names in NFL history when it comes to personnel evaluation.

In the end I trust my own eyes when forming an opinion, It has served me pretty well in the past.

LOL I can discount Brandts opinion as well since he disagrees with my opinion. Just like you do with Wolfs opinion of AJ, Kosars and Simms as well. they named themsleves when discussing AJ. Brandt can use his name, he works for teh media, not the NFL anymore. NFL clubs cant, unless it is teh GM who has final say. NO GM or personnel man in a position to draft these guys or potentially draft these guys are going to state their names in teh media, it gives too much away. Point is you can debate it any way you want, just because one report from a source you like personally doesnt discount differing reports, it means there is no consensus.

Back
Top Bottom