Out Of Town Phins Phans? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Out Of Town Phins Phans?

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
There are millions throughout the world. How and why did you adopt the Phins as your favorite team not being from Miami?

I think for me as a Pennsylvania Dolphins fan, it was watching Dan Marino as a kid. I was probably around 8 years old(1992) when I really started noticing the NFL and Miami was just the team that caught my eye and I haven't looked back since. Dan Marino was probably a huge reason why I went with the Dolphins. I couldn't imagine being the fan of any other team.

My father is more into the college game, but over the years I have turned him into a Dolphins fan. Not as big a follower as me, but when asked who his favorite NFL team is, there is no hesitation, it is the Dolphins.

My older brother likes the Bills, so it does make for some interesting conversations when I talk with him.

If I had been like every other kid and went with the local team, I would be an Eagles fan. :crazy:

I love the Dolphins, and I make it a priority each year to make it to at least one home Dolphins game. Last year I was down for the 49ers game.

I live in Northern California and I became a Dolphins fan at the age of about 8 (2000). I live in a family of football nuts but I didn't particularly care for football when I was younger than that.

When I was about 8 or so I started enjoying watching football. Since everyone else in my family had a favorite team I decided to pick one. I picked the Dolphins and haven't looked back, though I've cringed a few times :).

My oldest brother's favorite team is the 49ers. My second oldest brother's favorite team is the Redskins (for now, he follows players more so than teams). My other brother's favorite team is the Vikings. It's nice that none of our favorite teams are in the same division.

First football game I ever watched was the Dolphins @ Cowboys in 1993 - the Leon Lett Game. We had a snow day a few weeks later and I watched them on MNF lose to the Chargers. Followed them ever since. Didn't even know who Dan Marino was until that epic shootout vs. Bledose and the Pats in 1994. Followed them ever since. My alternative was the Bengals, so it hasn't been hard.

I think for me as a Pennsylvania Dolphins fan, it was watching Dan Marino as a kid. I was probably around 8 years old(1992) when I really started noticing the NFL and Miami was just the team that caught my eye and I haven't looked back since. Dan Marino was probably a huge reason why I went with the Dolphins. I couldn't imagine being the fan of any other team.

My father is more into the college game, but over the years I have turned him into a Dolphins fan. Not as big a follower as me, but when asked who his favorite NFL team is, there is no hesitation, it is the Dolphins.

My older brother likes the Bills, so it does make for some interesting conversations when I talk with him.

If I had been like every other kid and went with the local team, I would be an Eagles fan. :crazy:

I love the Dolphins, and I make it a priority each year to make it to at least one home Dolphins game. Last year I was down for the 49ers game.

Good job on your Dad, maybe your brother will convert this year after we beat up on the Bills a couple of times. :)

As you know, I'm from Pa as well. As a kid, I was an Eagle fan, had trading cards of the team from Sonny, Tim Brown, and Redslaf (fROM MY FATHER). LOL

As a kid, I also loved the AFL, Oakland with "The Mad Bomber," SD with Hadyl and Lincoln, KC with Dawson and Otis, Buff with Cookie and Kemp, and even the Jets with Namath and Snell. Just to name a few.

However, I saw THE ZONK running over people with a busted nose, and the Phins were my team.

Through thick, and way too much thin, I am still here and will always be a Phins Phanatic.

I live on Long Island and when i was 9 I did a report about Dan Marino and then i started to watch the Dolphins and me being small and watching Zach Thomas d what he did for so many years turned me into a complete fan.

There are millions throughout the world. How and why did you adopt the Phins as your favorite team not being from Miami?

Born in 79 the first football game I remeber was when Marino lost the Super Bowl and I became and instant Phinatic in DC ever since

First football game I ever watched was the Dolphins @ Cowboys in 1993 - the Leon Lett Game. We had a snow day a few weeks later and I watched them on MNF lose to the Chargers. Followed them ever since. Didn't even know who Dan Marino was until that epic shootout vs. Bledose and the Pats in 1994. Followed them ever since. My alternative was the Bengals, so it hasn't been hard.

That is funny. As I recall, the Lett game was on Turkey day. His team may have wished to be roasting him. :)

Not to worry, he has been ROASTED a number of times since.

very good question, especially in my case, being a canadian lol...

most eastern canadians root for the bills because they're really close, and another majority roots for the patriots because they don't know **** about football and they see them winning so it's the easy pick...

for my part, my grandparents have a house in vero beach, and they always brought me back some stuff from florida, and one year i got a hat from the dolphins. That same year, i started playing football, so i looked deeper into that miami dolphins team, and found out that one of the best players at my position (defensive end) , in the NFL, was playing for them. I also loved the D as a whole... marion, surtain, madison, thomas, ogunleye, etc etc... And ricky williams was an entertaining fella when i started watching the fins (2001-2002).

But it trully was JT, i watched him play and just tried to emulate his game and learn a new variety of pass rush moves from him, because my coach was a former defensive tackle so he didn't know squat about some "finesse" pass rushing moves, he just wanted us to blow past the olinemen lol

I live on Long Island and when i was 9 I did a report about Dan Marino and then i started to watch the Dolphins and me being small and watching Zach Thomas d what he did for so many years turned me into a complete fan.

Yeah, Zach has brought MANY A FAN.

Born in 79 the first football game I remeber was when Marino lost the Super Bowl and I became and instant Phinatic in DC ever since

Curious, why become a fan after getting killed?

At age 5, Dan Marino made football make sense for me. Watching the Lions, all I ever saw were people pushing people around (and then I spent 9 years playing left tackle...oh, the irony). For me, the passion of the game started with Dan, and it remains with the Dolphins as long as I live.

very good question, especially in my case, being a canadian lol...

most eastern canadians root for the bills because they're really close, and another majority roots for the patriots because they don't know **** about football and they see them winning so it's the easy pick...

for my part, my grandparents have a house in vero beach, and they always brought me back some stuff from florida, and one year i got a hat from the dolphins. That same year, i started playing football, so i looked deeper into that miami dolphins team, and found out that one of the best players at my position (defensive end) , in the NFL, was playing for them. I also loved the D as a whole... marion, surtain, madison, thomas, ogunleye, etc etc... And ricky williams was an entertaining fella when i started watching the fins (2001-2002).

But it trully was JT, i watched him play and just tried to emulate his game and learn a new variety of pass rush moves from him, because my coach was a former defensive tackle so he didn't know squat about some "finesse" pass rushing moves, he just wanted us to blow past the olinemen lol

Great story. Those Phin caps do work. :)

Where did you play?

i always liked football but i love the dolphins when they came to mexico and play an american bowl against the broncos since iam a huge dolphan for life im 21 now but i cant remember love for anybody else besides the dolphins

At age 5, Dan Marino made football make sense for me. Watching the Lions, all I ever saw were people pushing people around (and then I spent 9 years playing left tackle...oh, the irony). For me, the passion of the game started with Dan, and it remains with the Dolphins as long as I live.

That was funny. Where did you play?

As a former LT, what's your take on our OL?

Back
Top Bottom