Out Of Town Phins Phans? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Out Of Town Phins Phans?

another funny story since somone brought up the nun....

when i took my drivers test up here in jersey...all the other kids had told me who was easy and who was a real hard ***...turns out this lesbian lady was the real hard ***...i got into the car terrified i would fail paralel parking ( i know i cant spell). I happened to have my phins jersey on though...and turns out she was a huge fan...we b.s.'d about the upcoming season the whole time and she let me redo the p parking til i passed..lol

I believe that a girl, like the one in your photo, should get a little attention. :)

My wife lived in Mexico for a while. Donde vive?
well im from mexico city and yeah the girl in my photo is my girl and i pay a lot of atettion to her ande she likes football to :hi5:

I´m From México, a place call Saltillo. I went to Miami Fla in the 70's allready as a dolfan. I became a dolfan beacuse it was the team i use to wacth on tv. The perfect team, the best ever. So, when you wacth perfection, you want to be in the same level. So I´m a miami dolphin forever!!!

I actually became a Dolphin fan back in the 1970's when I watched the Dolphins lose a close game to the Houston Oilers. I guess the Dolphins colors were appealing to me when I was a small kid and I just started following them and have ever since. Of course now I love them and not because of their colors :chuckle:

I am from the Baltimore Area and the colts had left. My deadbeat father liked the fins and I thought if I did he would visit more. He didnt but I remained a fin fan ever since. If you started liking them in the mid eighties it is tough to turn away they were real competitive for a long time.

In January 1974, I was 8 years old and living in Brooklyn, New York. My older brother Stephen, who''s five years older than me, was a huge Vikings fan. The Dolphins were playing the Vikings and, being the dutiful and supportive younger brother, rooted for the Dolphins. Needless to say, we know how that turned out and I've been a Dolphin fan ever since. He fell out of love with the Vikings--and sports in general--a few years after that. He still talks to me, though, and I love him.

Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
For me since the Second grade when I bet Brian Case .25 cents on the cowboys vs. dolphins super bowl in 1971. I was drawn to a guy named Shula and a huge OL and larry Csonka. That was a long long time ago...

Being from Rochester NY ever since that time, there are many many dolphans from the Rochester area. Particularly the town of Greece.

PS My girl is hotter than spiders but i havent converted her to a fin fan......yet so she isnt really a factor...but when she is then ill put her pic up.
no my girl is a charger fan =( but im glad she like football and no soccer

and my girl is the mexico next top model so myabe is hotter than your girl or show some pics of your girl:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

First football game I ever watched was the Dolphins @ Cowboys in 1993 - the Leon Lett Game. We had a snow day a few weeks later and I watched them on MNF lose to the Chargers. Followed them ever since. Didn't even know who Dan Marino was until that epic shootout vs. Bledose and the Pats in 1994. Followed them ever since. My alternative was the Bengals, so it hasn't been hard.

WOW RONIN!

That is the exact same game which made me a fan of our fins.
I remember watching it on Thanksgiving at the age of 7.
My whole family (plus extended relatives) was rooting against the Cowboys.

When Pete made that field goal then...I was a fan for life.
Picked the Fins and never looked back.

Weird coincidence.

I became a fin fan in 84. I was at my first duty station and a friend of mine asked if I would help drive him and his family to Miami for Christmas. It was a long road trip and he wanted to drive straight through (from Yuma Arizona). I thought "cool"...no real plan's for XMAS and I didn't really have any plans. He got me tickets to a game (playoffs against the Pats I think...not sure) and tickets to the Orange Bowl. I had a great time and adopted the Canes and Phins during one trip.

The only thing I remember was that we went to a bar in Ft. Lauderdale and got pretty much hammered...some lady bought me a shot of Tequila...I puked on the floor...the bartender snapped his fingers...some poor soul had to clean it up and they made (didn't take much) me do two clevage shots....I don't remember much after that...but I have loved Miami ever since.....lol.

Since '81
A Dolphins/Jets game.
Strock/Woodley were a dynamic qb combination.
Dwight Stephenson the beast in the middle.
And last but not least... 'The Killer Bees' is what made me a fan.

Being from Kansas I never took to KC or DEN (there are alot of DEN fans around KS).
Most memorable NFL game I attended, was 02. KC/MIA in KC. I had for the first time made it to the proverbial penthouse for watching a football game (lux. box seats w/ unlimited drinks and buffet) In that game, Ricky came off the left side, broke thru the line and lined up a KC safety, and blew the sob up. Being in the high left corner seeing Ricky run towards me on that play was absolutely pimp. MIA lost that game but seeing the likes of Ricky, JT, Surtain, Thomas and so on was awesome.
I have traveled to see MIA play in KC, DEN and BUF. I attended the KC/MIA game last year being one of the 'idiots' who actually sat thru that game. Never been that cold before and went thru almost a full bottle of cinn. schnapps.

I started liking the fins around 3rd grade. Before that it was the cowboys, as someone gave me a cowboys jacket when I was going into kindergarten. I dont know why I switched...at the time probably just the colors and logo. Eventually I came to know of Marino and the Marks brothers, and my interest in them just escalated every year.

The first football game I watched was the 1972 Super Bowl. Even though Miami lost, I have became a fan and have been one ever since.

Next year for Christmas I got a Dolphins winter coat, hat, & gloves. I was 9 years old. It is still one of my favorite Christmas memories.

A Nun turned me into a Dolphins fan. I kid you not.

I attended a Catholic elementary school. The principal there (Sister V.) went to John Carroll University with Don Shula where they became life long friends.

Talking with Sister V. one day I mentioned I had started playing pop warner football. She asked what NFL team was my favorite and I told her I didn't have one. She told me all about her friendship with Shula and about the Miami Dolphins. I started following the team and watching them on TV and have been a fan ever since.

That's a great story. So you're a Phins Phan on a mission from GOD. :)

Back
Top Bottom