Overreaction Or Legit Concern | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Overreaction Or Legit Concern

Classic

Active Roster
Reaction score
Seeing alot of panic on the forum from one preseason game. One where two of our defenders didn't suit up and our one's played a few series.

Overreaction or Legit Concern:

Raekwon underwhelming?

Parker invisible?

Kicking competition?

Secondary struggles?

Penalities?

No pass rush?

Interior DL?

Weigh in... I'll be back with my takes

Watched the first 10 minutes. I understand it's all vanilla play calling.

But our D-line, specifically the DT's got thrown around. Zero push, zero anything. I know Suh didn't live up to the hype, but we better do something.

Again, just off fundamentals.

On the other hand, Minkah looking like the real deal.

Maybe a bit of both, usually the cycle is, well it's just minicamp, well it's just the 1st pre season game, well it's jus the 4th preseason game, well it's just game one of the season, well we might still make the playoffs if, well we had some injuries-things didn't go our way, well there's always next year after Brady regresses.

Raekwon: I'm not discouraged that he didn't flash during the game, I just have no idea what he brings to the table besides hope. He's praised around here like he's this defenses' savior and it's very premature.

Parker: I'm genuinely concerned. What's with this guy? All the talent in the world but I have no faith that he's going to put it together.

Kicking comp: Legit concern of mine. I think we figure to be in alot of dog fights, we need someone reliable. Idk if he's on the roster yet

Secondary struggles: Reshad didn't play and regardless of the two passes completed on him, I think X is going to be big for us this year. LOVED what I saw from Minkah and he's going to get better. Im a bit concerned that nobody has emerged in the battle for 2nd CB slot.

Penalties: YES. Clean that **** up. We can't afford to beat ourselves.

No pass rush: Not concerned, in fact I think we're going to be alot better than people think in this area.

Interior DL: don't think it's going to be a strength of ours but honestly we were getting gashed with Suh in there. I think the hockey rotation approach will pay dividends but DT will be an early draft pick for us in a loaded class next off-season

Seeing alot of panic on the forum from one preseason game. One where two of our defenders didn't suit up and our one's played a few series.

Overreaction or Legit Concern:

Raekwon underwhelming?

Parker invisible?

Kicking competition?

Secondary struggles?

Penalities?

No pass rush?

Interior DL?

Weigh in... I'll be back with my takes

Raekwon underwhelming? Overreaction - Kid can play football, mind you even though he was drafted a year ago, he is essentially a rookie. Game speed is going to take a little time, butu he will eventually get it. Too hard of a worker and too much natural talent.

Parker invisible? Legit Concern, for him, but I think there is easily enough talent on the roster at WR that Parker may not need to matter.

Kicking competition? Legit Concern, although his miss was a 50 plus yarder, but he does need to be better. I'm talking Sanders only...Joseph isn't really going to be considered.

Secondary struggles? Overreaction, A lot of guys moved in and out, no Jones, I think that unit will be fine.

Penalities? Legit Concern, although it does seem like they are improving...from the scrimmage to this game. IF we see more then one presnap penalty in the next game then we should be worried.

No pass rush? Legit Concern, especially with knowing Burke does not like to blitz...so it is those 4 or nothing.

Interior DL? Legit Concern, yeah, they could be serviceable, but we are not strong enough at backer to make up for it.

Raekwon isn't all the way back yet. It's not necessarily a concern for him - yet. That's to be determined. However, is it a concern for Miami in terms of how they compensate in the meantime? Most likely.

I had Parker as my top Senior WR for the entire 2014 college football season. I ended up moving him to #2 behind Kevin White in the final days leading up to the draft. In other words, I thought highly of Devante Parker. I just don't think he's going to pan out. I don't think he loves football. He's ok. I don't believe he has greatness within him. He doesn't want it. You've got to want it more than everybody else. Not just have more talent.

I don't know why Miami can't decide on a kicker. They just keep rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

Secondary is going to work itself out some. If injury or two hits, that's another story.

Penalties are a concern. That's coaching. Period.

No pass rush is legitimate. The only pass rusher Miami has that warrants any confidence is Wake, and he's old.

Interior of the DLine is the same story as secondary in my opinion.

Maybe a bit of both, usually the cycle is, well it's just minicamp, well it's just the 1st pre season game, well it's jus the 4th preseason game, well it's just game one of the season, well we might still make the playoffs if, well we had some injuries-things didn't go our way, well there's always next year after Brady regresses.

Any time now. Can't be much longer. Can it?

I took things a bit differently then others while watching this game. I thought the first drive had some really positive things. Tannehill rolling out with ease. Fightingback from 1st and 20. Getting in scoring position on the loan drive our starters played in. Was it perfect, nope. But if you were expecting perfect from our offense getting their qb back after 20 months off you were going to be disappointed no matter what happened. The offense is fine and will be the strength of this team.

Defensively I agree there were some very concerning signs at all 3 levels. But as others stated Jones, Wake, and Quinn the three pro bowlers on defense did not play a down. McMillan like Tannehill is working himself back so the fact he didn't make any glaring mistakes was a positive, he will be ready come week 1 I firmly believe that. My biggest let down was from our corners, particularly Xavien. He didn't play well at all against very good competition and that cannot be the case if this defense is going to stop people this season. But boy do I adore Minkah Fitzpatrick, best draft pick for this staff yet.

Final verdict: Overreaction

Eh... You never really know about a team in the NFL until at least Week 5 of the regular season. I'm not stressing over the first preseason game in which starters barely played and no actual gameplans were implemented.

I took things a bit differently then others while watching this game. I thought the first drive had some really positive things. Tannehill rolling out with ease. Fightingback from 1st and 20. Getting in scoring position on the loan drive our starters played in. Was it perfect, nope. But if you were expecting perfect from our offense getting their qb back after 20 months off you were going to be disappointed no matter what happened. The offense is fine and will be the strength of this team.

Defensively I agree there were some very concerning signs at all 3 levels. But as others stated Jones, Wake, and Quinn the three pro bowlers on defense did not play a down. McMillan like Tannehill is working himself back so the fact he didn't make any glaring mistakes was a positive, he will be ready come week 1 I firmly believe that. My biggest let down was from our corners, particularly Xavien. He didn't play well at all against very good competition and that cannot be the case if this defense is going to stop people this season. But boy do I adore Minkah Fitzpatrick, best draft pick for this staff yet.

Final verdict: Overreaction

I really liked what I saw from the first team offense as well. Considering it was the first live game action from RT in ages, he looked pretty good. Agile, confident. OL looked really good. Something to build on for sure

Back
Top Bottom